IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS 350 No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-21 | 10:05 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jalen1022
Okay I finally took the L and paid Lexus for their official diagnostic and they are saying the radio is coming up with a code "t10433". Quoted me over 10000 dollars for a brand new radio or 2900 for them to send out the radio to be fixed. Does anybody know where I could maybe possibly find a replacement OEM radio for my 2014 lexus is 350 or someone maybe locally I can have fix it. I am located in Brooklyn, NY. Thank you in advance.
The code that they quoted is the Faceplate ID for the radio, and it's actually "P10433". That's the way of identifying which radio it is. For reference: https://www.lexusoeparts.com/oem-par...nit-8680453211
Radio fault codes are only 5 digits long and will be a combination of letters and numbers...starting with the letter "B".
Is there another code they may have mentioned? Maybe just check the codes yourself...it will take you less than 3 minutes and you don't need anything but the car, the key, and two hands.
If they are sure it's the radio then fine, but a second opinion wouldn't hurt.
Old 10-29-21 | 12:49 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

". Quoted me over 10000 dollars for a brand new radio
How can that be?! Like seriously, 10k for a radio when the whole car was worth what when new, like 45k?! It is ridiculous how expensive these head units are!
Old 10-29-21 | 04:00 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wthrman2
How can that be?! Like seriously, 10k for a radio when the whole car was worth what when new, like 45k?! It is ridiculous how expensive these head units are!
The radio price is a little ridiculous.
Considering it's not just a radio, but the navigation system as well as the whole infotainment display/function, I can see the price being more than just a radio, but over $5K is unreasonable.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-29-21)
Old 10-30-21 | 08:24 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for that yea I had put the wrong code. But do you know if the is 250 radio unit of the same year car as mine (2014) would be the same fit as my 350? I see one on ebay going for around a 1000 would rather pay that than the ridiculous numbers lexus gave me.
Old 10-30-21 | 08:25 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

Yea dealerships should always be the last resort they are robbers lol.
Old 10-30-21 | 08:41 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you for that yea I had put the wrong code. But do you know if the is 250 radio unit of the same year car as mine (2014) would be the same fit as my 350? I see one on ebay going for around a 1000 would rather pay that than the ridiculous numbers lexus gave me.
You really need to look at the Faceplate ID to be sure.
There is basically 3 radios:
  1. 8 speaker with Navi
  2. 8 speaker without Navi
  3. 15 speaker with Navi
Depending on where you are in the world, these radios would be available in their respective regions and each would carry a different Faceplate ID.
If you find one with the same Faceplate ID as yours, in the same region you're in, then it should be the same radio regardless of the year of the vehicle it came out of.
And yes, it's possible for the 250 and 350 to have the same radio.
Old 10-31-21 | 07:10 AM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

So I would guess that a mark levinson radio of the same year wouldn't be a fit being that my car isn't a mark levinson it has a faceplate id of P10434. Thank you for all the information you have provided by the way, appreciate it having to deal with this annoying problem.
Old 10-31-21 | 12:08 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

One member did put an non ML radio in an ML car and it did work (or was it the other way around ). Either way it worked...and will work.
Since the speakers are wired to the Amp, the plugs at the radio are the same.
The difference between the 8 speaker and 15 speaker system is actually nothing really...the radio and Amp are just more powerful and there's two extra speakers.
The remaining 5 speakers are piggybacked off of some of the existing speakers, to make a total count of 15...but really it's more like 10 actual speakers with 5 of them being double stacked.
Old 11-01-21 | 01:10 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 Lexus IS 350 radio problem

Hi, I was told by Lexus I needed a new radio system as the code "P10433" was coming up and I completely lost all sound coming from the car. My car has a non ML radio with navigation system and I wanted to know if I could swap it with a 2014 ML radio as I found one on ebay for cheaper than usual. I know the ML systems have there own ML amp and speakers however I don't care for the upgraded sound I just want to know if the plug and play wiring is the same and would I at least be able to have sound again. Please help and thank you in advance.
Old 11-01-21 | 01:14 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

So, just to clarify I would be able to swap my non ML radio with a ML one? And the wiring in the back is the same? Ik not to expect any enhanced sound as I don't have the ML amp or extra speakers, I just want to know if it will be able to connect and play audio again.
Old 11-01-21 | 01:32 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

So, just to clarify I would be able to swap my non ML radio with a ML one? And the wiring in the back is the same? Ik not to expect any enhanced sound as I don't have the ML amp or extra speakers, I just want to know if it will be able to connect and play audio again.
The connections are the same for non ML and ML radios at the back from 2014-2016.
Based on what others have tried, it should plug in and function no problem for music...likely everything will work especially if you're going from a P10433 to a P10434.
If you have navi now, make sure the ML radio has the micro SD card with it...then you will still have navi.
You can't swap micro SD cards from unit to unit...they are paired with the unit once inserted and read.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (11-01-21)
Old 11-04-21 | 12:42 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

Thank you bro just ordered the ML radio just waiting for it to arrive, you have been a great help hope this is the end of my problem. Thank you again for everything will update you.
Old 11-10-21 | 02:37 PM
Jalen1022
Driver School Candidate

Just received and hooked up the new radio. Everything plugged and played like normal. Then I tested the sound ANDDDDDD..... still nothing. I'm over this I don't know what else to do. Can I tell Lexus they gave me a misdiagnosis? This just makes no sense at all.
Old 11-10-21 | 03:50 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

As the radio is used and not exactly the correct one, Lexus will just condemn the radio without checking anything.
Clearly the diagnosis wasn't correct as I never thought it was the radio at all, since it's never been a radio that causes this issue.

This leaves you going back to the Amp to confirm it has power and ground.
Apparently another member found that there is a connector under the center console that he disconnected during a deep cleaning and forgot to plug back in.
The connector contained the wires that allowed the radio to control the Amp, therefore the Amp wasn't operating in conjunction with the radio.
However, that member also did not get the B15C3 code at any time...cause really there wasn't anything wrong with the Amp.

With the new radio installed can you check to see if there are any codes in the system? Ideally you're looking to see if the B15C3 code is back...if so, the new Amp may just be defective.
Old 04-25-23 | 04:15 PM
Illz
10th Gear

Default Attention canadian owners

Posted this in another thread, but hopefully if anyone is currently dealing with this problem the same issue happened to me this weekend, after replacing my head unit at the dealer last November - $2500 CAD smh. Now my amp is dead. Same symptoms as everyone else and i'm getting intermittent audio - the static then cuts out. Happened out of nowhere randomly. I was driving, everything was fine and then I hit a bump at high speed and audio cut off, no sound, no volume control. I didn't notice the static sound at first because of the bump I guess, then yesterday when the audio came back I heard the static sound and intermittent audio. Talk about getting kicked when you're down lol.

BUT I found a place in Mississauga that can do the repair!
They were also able to repair the head unit (I had the constant reboot issue) but they needed a new nav card from the dealer ($250) which I wasn't able to get due to covid, they said they couldn't find one in the whole of North America at the time. After 10 months of no radio or bluetooth calls I totally got fed up and took at the $2500 L. At least it's under warranty til Nov 2023...

anyways, I hope this helps anyone in the area.

DANMAX ELECTRONICS
(905) 673-0090

2311 Anson Dr., Unit B

Mississauga,
Ontario
L5S 1G1,

Canada
http://dev.am.ca/dm11/index.html

You can ship to them. I am removing my amp this morning and bringing it to them. You can also ship. I got quoted $350-$550 CAD. I guess depending on the level of work that must be done.

If you look on their site they specifically list the ML amp as one of the problem items they fix and have experience with.

Hope this helps anyone! I will update with my findings, fingers crossed. NO chance in hell I'm dropping another $1500+ at the dealer after replacing the head unit.

Illz is offline Report Post

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS 350 No Sound