IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Touch up dye

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21, 03:52 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Touch up dye

Hello all. My 2014 IS 250s drivers seat, has some wear on the right bolster. I thought it was dirt at first, but after a good cleaning, I found out it was wear that worked it way past the original dye. I’d like to touch it up, but don’t know what the OEM dye color is. The only info I have is the interior code is ECRU.

Can anybody provide the proper color, or otherwise help me find out?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-15-21, 05:22 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

https://www.classicdyeproducts.com/l...nterior-colors
Old 10-15-21, 05:52 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

Dood, you are the encyclopedia of all things IS! Thank you!

However, their chart does not list ECRU (2126) as an option for ‘14, rather, ended in the ‘13 model year. I shot them the question, and will reply with their response. 👍
Old 10-15-21, 08:35 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
Dood, you are the encyclopedia of all things IS! Thank you!

However, their chart does not list ECRU (2126) as an option for ‘14, rather, ended in the ‘13 model year. I shot them the question, and will reply with their response. 👍
While the year range may not be the most accurate, I figure the color is going to be the same for any Lexus that has an ecru interior...I can't imagine there is ecru 1.0, and ecru 2.0.
Hopefully the little swatch of color they provide in the chart matches your interior. I've honestly never seen ecru in person...I honestly didn't even know it was a color option lol! Maybe we don't get it in Canada.
Old 10-15-21, 01:23 PM
Gasturbine
Driver

Default Ecru

Old 10-15-21, 02:02 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Oh sweet Jesus...I have children...that's never going to fly lol!
The following users liked this post:
Gasturbine (10-16-21)
Old 10-17-21, 03:59 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

This is their reply…

And my reply was, Hey, can you explain my build sheet then? Or something to that effect…

Old 10-17-21, 04:01 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

I am awaiting their response.
Old 10-17-21, 05:56 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Just a couple comments about your email exchange with Classic Dye Products.
In their exterior color list they are missing one color...and my personal favorite...Ultra Sonic Blue.
In the Lexus build sheet for your vehicle you will note the pic of the car is clearly a 2021, and the Tire Size is missing the first number...I think in both cases (their email and yours) we can take the information with a grain of salt that it may not be the most accurate.
As I mentioned above I've never heard of an Ecru interior in a 3IS, or even seen one. Since being on this forum in 2016 you're the first I've seen to mention an Ecru interior in their 3IS.
Also I wonder if they are aware you have a 2014 sedan, and not the 2014 convertible, as the convertible is a carryover of the 2IS which did have Ecru as an available interior color.
Whenever I look up information or refer my vehicle to anyone, because it's also a 2014, I always make sure to include that it's a 4-door sedan, so there is no confusion with the 2014-15 2-door convertible.

Last, and this will also add more confusion, below is the Lexus New Car Features for 2014 which identify the interior colors that were available for each exterior color.
I've only provided the one for "Starfire Pearl", which you will note is not actually called that.
Starfire Pearl is paint code 077...regardless of the model and year of any Lexus, if it's Starfire Pearl the paint code will always be 077.

First you will note that "Starfire Pearl" is referred to as "White Pearl Crystal Shine"...more than likely a Japanese translation name.
You will also note there are only 4 interior colors...with Roja Red clearly missing as the 5th color indicated by Classic Dye Products...and that we know was available in 2014.
For 2014 there is Flaxen and Parchment interior colors, which would translate to Ivory and Topaz Brown respectively.

Lastly...looking at the pic of your interior and the color swatch from their email, to me it looks like you have a Flaxen interior.

Maybe someone with a Flaxen interior can confirm that their interior is the same as yours...or not.
Old 10-17-21, 07:44 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

As always, great info! And I did notice the car from my build sheet, was not 2014, I’m sure it’s just a file photo.

And my car is an IS250, it a 350. Not sure if that makes any difference tho.

but you are right, thourghly confused now. ☹️
Old 10-17-21, 08:07 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

According to this pic your interior looks more like Parchment.
Old 10-17-21, 10:21 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

It sure does! But how do we explain the build sheet then?
Old 10-17-21, 11:17 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
It sure does! But how do we explain the build sheet then?
Unless you have the actual build sheet thats stuck in the window when the car is new, I'd put little faith in those online breakdowns, even from Lexus themselves.
There is a black sticker at the bottom of the drivers B pillar...the one with the VIN and production month and year. If you look at the bottom left area of that sticker you will see "C/TR:"...the following two sets of digits after that are the paint code (C=Color) and the interior trim color (TR=Trim). The paint code should be 077...what is the trim code?
Old 10-17-21, 12:25 PM
Gasturbine
Driver

At work, I’ll look when I get done at 7p est…
Old 10-18-21, 01:40 AM
Gasturbine
Driver

Okay, here’s the tag. It is 077, so that’s the interior color? Can anybody decipher the rest of the codes?

Quick Reply: Touch up dye