IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

How do u disable Bluetooth media audio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-21, 11:09 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How do u disable Bluetooth media audio?

So I have an iPhone and 2017 Lexus IS350. When I connect my phone Bluetooth to the car, it also connects the Bluetooth for the music/media. I want to use my Bluetooth for CALLS only. I see that I can go into the phones name then setting; and disable the sound option, but when I start the car again, it automatically connects to both phone and media Bluetooth. I can’t also seem to do this from the phone’s side.
Old 12-08-21, 05:45 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Have you tried Removing the phone from the car, and the car from the phone so they are no longer paired together. Then re-pair them and select Connect as phone (or whatever the specific working is) on the car, and not Connect All.
Old 12-08-21, 10:37 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Have you tried Removing the phone from the car, and the car from the phone so they are no longer paired together. Then re-pair them and select Connect as phone (or whatever the specific working is) on the car, and not Connect All.
yea, I tried that but it doesn’t work.

i go to the phone setting only, and try to connect it there but it also ends up pairing the media Bluetooth. Really annoying
Old 12-08-21, 11:47 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

It is an Android or iPhone? I have both phones and was going to try it on my own car.

Also, even if the Bluetooth Audio connects, what's the issue this creates? I'm trying to think of a scenario where it's a problem. The only one that comes to mind is if you open an app on the phone that you don't want the sound to come through the car.
Old 12-08-21, 11:53 AM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

It is an Android or iPhone? I have both phones and was going to try it on my own car.

Also, even if the Bluetooth Audio connects, what's the issue this creates? I'm trying to think of a scenario where it's a problem. The only one that comes to mind is if you open an app on the phone that you don't want the sound to come through the car.

its an iPhone. I have the grom vline2. When it connect to media audio, sometimes the car’s Bluetooth will play songs instead of the GROM carplay. I then have to manually switch nthe output on my phone. I was just trying to avoid doing that.
Old 12-08-21, 12:06 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ruzifan
its an iPhone. I have the grom vline2. When it connect to media audio, sometimes the car’s Bluetooth will play songs instead of the GROM carplay. I then have to manually switch nthe output on my phone. I was just trying to avoid doing that.
Ok...from that explanation I get the feeling the issue is the Grom Vline, not the car or phone.
Here's why I say that...when I get in the car with both my phones, the iPhone connects as the Phone and the Samsung connects as the Bluetooth audio.
But if I get into the car with only one phone, doesn't matter which, the car will connect that phone as the Phone and BT Audio...because it can't see the other phone nearby.
Translating that back to your situation, if the car is pairing your iPhone as both Phone and BT Audio when the car starts (sometimes), that means it doesn't see the Grom Vline as a device to connect.
Since the car is seeing your phone to connect both functions, then it would stand to reason the car and phone are fine.

Personally I would wipe the phone and grom from the car, and the car from the phone and grom and start from scratch.
Pair the grom first, and then the phone second.
If the grom is always in the car, then the car should find it consistently as the BT Audio source, which means all it has to do is connect your phone as the Phone.

Old 12-08-21, 12:21 PM
Ruzifan
Pit Crew

Ok...from that explanation I get the feeling the issue is the Grom Vline, not the car or phone.
Here's why I say that...when I get in the car with both my phones, the iPhone connects as the Phone and the Samsung connects as the Bluetooth audio.
But if I get into the car with only one phone, doesn't matter which, the car will connect that phone as the Phone and BT Audio...because it can't see the other phone nearby.
Translating that back to your situation, if the car is pairing your iPhone as both Phone and BT Audio when the car starts (sometimes), that means it doesn't see the Grom Vline as a device to connect.
Since the car is seeing your phone to connect both functions, then it would stand to reason the car and phone are fine.

Personally I would wipe the phone and grom from the car, and the car from the phone and grom and start from scratch.
Pair the grom first, and then the phone second.
If the grom is always in the car, then the car should find it consistently as the BT Audio source, which means all it has to do is connect your phone as the Phone.

ure probably right. I’ll try that. Remove phone from both and then pair them again.

i feel like why it connects to the car first because the vline probably takes a while to load up and the factory loads up faster which is why the phone sees it first and connects right away. Nevertheless; I’ll try wipe them both and see how it goes.