IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Suspension input - rear camber arms

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-21, 09:24 AM
HawkeyeIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Suspension input - rear camber arms

So pretty much everyone knows the tire wear issue with the IS, mostly the rears. My car not only has a pretty solid wear issue but also doesn’t stay in alignment very well as the roads around are fairly garbage. Anyway, I’ve read a lot about how to remedy the issue and have come to the conclusion that I will be placing:
- new bushings (RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System R&T - I know they have to be lubed intermittently and a lot of people have gone with RCF bushings but have seen mixed reports of the RCF ones not quite being the answer for some)
- rear camber arms

additionally while I’m at it I’ll be putting in RSR downs and going with new wheels and tires

my question: do I want an adjustable rear camber kit like the SPC Performance Camber Rear Camber Arm-72450 (Here) Or SPC Performance Adjustable Rear Camber Arm (
Here)?
I’m fairly new to all of this and am not seeing the difference/advantage of one over the other. Additionally I’m assuming any normal shop can install these and know how to align with them?

any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-19-21, 01:52 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeIS
So pretty much everyone knows the tire wear issue with the IS, mostly the rears. My car not only has a pretty solid wear issue but also doesn’t stay in alignment very well as the roads around are fairly garbage. Anyway, I’ve read a lot about how to remedy the issue and have come to the conclusion that I will be placing:
- new bushings (RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System R&T - I know they have to be lubed intermittently and a lot of people have gone with RCF bushings but have seen mixed reports of the RCF ones not quite being the answer for some)
- rear camber arms

additionally while I’m at it I’ll be putting in RSR downs and going with new wheels and tires

my question: do I want an adjustable rear camber kit like the SPC Performance Camber Rear Camber Arm-72450 (Here) Or SPC Performance Adjustable Rear Camber Arm (
Here)?
I’m fairly new to all of this and am not seeing the difference/advantage of one over the other. Additionally I’m assuming any normal shop can install these and know how to align with them?

Depending on wheel/tire size/offset you won’t need camber arms. I have 19x10 +42 w/265-30s and have never rubbed. Alignment specs with downs will just be inside the outer limit of factory specs. At least my car is. BTW mine is AWD
Old 12-19-21, 01:56 PM
HawkeyeIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Napalvr
Depending on wheel/tire size/offset you won’t need camber arms. I have 19x10 +42 w/265-30s and have never rubbed. Alignment specs with downs will just be inside the outer limit of factory specs. At least my car is. BTW mine is AWD
im just thinking the camber arms will help things stay in alignment and also allow me the correct adjustment in case my wheel/tire choice doesn’t keep camber in spec. I figure at about $350 if it can keep things aligned better that’s cheaper than pre-maturely killing tires.
Old 12-19-21, 05:26 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,397 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeIS

my question: do I want an adjustable rear camber kit like the SPC Performance Camber Rear Camber Arm-72450 (Here) Or SPC Performance Adjustable Rear Camber Arm (Here)?

The 72450 is for the 3IS. the other are for 2IS.

-Justin
RR Sales
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 12-19-21, 05:51 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

72450 is the one to get, very popular for us among with lowering springs or coils.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-19-21, 11:00 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

If you're going to get lowering springs, you're going to increase the negative camber (and inner tire wear on the rear).. so you definitely want to get camber arms in the back if that's what you're concerned about.. personally, I haven't noticed much difference in wear after getting springs