IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Long term reviews on Lexion Apple Carplay headunit? (Not 4x4 or any other model)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-22, 04:21 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by swaangin
And I know I asked jazzrock this, what do you think of the trackpad?

Lexion should really give you guys a discount code or something because you guys just sold me the unit, going to buy it! Anything I should tell them moving forward? I've seen some reviews where people say they forget to pack certain harnesses, I have the navigation base IS, do I need to tell them anything specifically?
Joystick control is perfect and the cursor is the same as OEM with big circle. There’s no option to pick to order you have default navigation option only. The only downside I can think is if you get a wrong harness sometimes they screw things up with shipping it’s hard to reach tech support.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
Jazzrock (01-23-22), swaangin (01-23-22)
Old 01-23-22, 05:39 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Joystick control is perfect and the cursor is the same as OEM with big circle. There’s no option to pick to order you have default navigation option only. The only downside I can think is if you get a wrong harness sometimes they screw things up with shipping it’s hard to reach tech support.
I was able to specify I had the joystick/mouse. ReynChan is available on this site to help with anything that comes up, thankfully.
Old 01-23-22, 05:41 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I was able to specify I had the joystick/mouse. ReynChan is available on this site to help with anything that comes up, thankfully.
Who should I make the order through? I am currently communicating with someone on WhatsApp but I'm not sure who that is
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (01-23-22)
Old 01-23-22, 06:20 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Who should I make the order through? I am currently communicating with someone on WhatsApp but I'm not sure who that is
https://www.lexionautomotive.com/is
Old 01-24-22, 09:22 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

So the guy on WhatsApp is sales guy from Lexion they’re the distributor, Reyn is sales guy from China he works directly for Carsyso which is the company that makes the unit. These systems are not make by Lexion, it’s just the name of distributor. Lexion guy can ghost you sometimes but I had good luck with him in the past. I think you have no choice but order through him.

Be ready to wait for a few weeks to ship out. When I received mine everything came correctly as expected, no missing harness or issue except I did receive a wrong plastic cover that goes in front of screen. There is LHD or RHD version for Asia/European cars. Shipping dept from China should know what country you’re from and ship the correct part but they do screw up.
Jazzrock (01-24-22)
Old 01-24-22, 12:39 PM
Zerotec
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone who owns the unit can you state your experience so far with it and how it's been going? I'm thinking about biting the bullet since I found someone who is willing to install it for me but it's basically going to be a $1000 upgrade
I've had the unit for a few months now. I am thoroughly impressed with it. I too only use Spotify and I rarely use the joystick. I use the steering wheel controls more than anything (skip songs/volume). While the unit is a touchscreen, it's always awkward to reach to touch it just because of the placement of the screen. I usually keep it on the screen where it shows maps along with the music you are playing.

Just like the others, I never go back to the OEM Lexus screen. There is just no need in my opinion. The unit connects basically every single time and it is pretty fast when it does. I did install the unit myself and it's actually fairly easy. It just takes time.

After installing the unit, I did have to ask Lexion for the passcode for the advanced settings because for some reason my backup camera was not turned on. I just had to go into the settings and turn it on. Wasn't a big deal. Moreover, if you end up getting the unit, make sure you turn off low data mode in your phone's Bluetooth/wifi settings. It might not be an issue for everyone but I had an issue where my unit wouldn't connect 100% of the time and once I turned this setting off, it now connects every time without issue.

Overall, I really enjoy the unit. I've had others before and I enjoy the Lexion unit the most. It adds a more updated feel to my 2014 IS. Let me know if you have any other questions.
The following 3 users liked this post by Zerotec:
Jazzrock (01-24-22), ReynChan (04-12-22), swaangin (01-29-22)
Old 01-24-22, 12:55 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I've had the 4x4 1st gen and 2nd gen unit (started failing with heat and buggy as hell). A few months ago changed to Lexion unit. Lexion unit is far faster, smoother and less buggy than previous ones. UI is much better. It was a painfully slow process dealing with lexion though. The harness has connections for both joystick and wheel so care is needed during install to connect the right ones. I didn't install the mic on the Lexion unit. Joystick works as well as it does in factory system (I rarely use touch panel). I run wireless Android Auto through AA wireless adapter and it generally runs great apart from rare connection problem
The following 3 users liked this post by Droth:
Jazzrock (01-24-22), ReynChan (04-12-22), swaangin (01-29-22)
Old 02-18-22, 05:20 PM
swaangin
Racer

Should I buy the unit from the Lexion rep from WhatsApp or should I buy it off Reyn?

@Jazzrock @dojoman @Droth @Zerotec
Old 02-18-22, 05:27 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Should I buy the unit from the Lexion rep from WhatsApp or should I buy it off Reyn?

Buy it from the Lexion website and if you have questions, email ReynChan. https://www.lexionautomotive.com/
Enjoy!!!!
Old 02-18-22, 07:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

If your car is compatible then you should buy from Lexion site. If your credit card has some kind of purchase protection use that card in case you get ghosted from seller. I haven’t heard from Reyn here for a few months not sure if he’s still active.
Jazzrock (02-18-22)
Old 02-18-22, 08:03 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

If your car is compatible then you should buy from Lexion site. If your credit card has some kind of purchase protection use that card in case you get ghosted from seller. I haven’t heard from Reyn here for a few months not sure if he’s still active.
My feeling is he doesn't chime in unless there is a question asked.
Old 02-18-22, 08:41 PM
swaangin
Racer

I emailed him and he gave me a quote and the Lexion person from WhatsApp said this: someone bought a head unit in ATLANTA GEORGIA and their car has the **** (non navigation). He said since it's not compatible / never installed, he wants to send me that unit for $800 versus the $900 one from Korea. I told him it needs to have all the harnesses. He said that if anything is missing he'll replace it but I've read that his customer service apparently isn't good so I'm not sure what should I do? Reyn answered via email and said $800 + $170 shipping which is $70 more than the Lexion but I told him to axe the shipping price. Just waiting to hear back from both now.
Old 02-20-22, 09:20 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Great device 👍
The following 2 users liked this post by wongnee:
ReynChan (04-12-22), swaangin (02-20-22)
Old 04-18-22, 02:06 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I am a very happy user since July 2020, it's been working great! no freezes or reboots since day 1.