IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Climate Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-22, 05:32 AM
SukB
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Climate Control Issue

Anyone else have issues with their climate control not retaining your last used temperature or mode? My IS 500 will forget what temperature or setting I used before I turned my car off.

Last night, coming home from work I had the temp set at 74 degrees, blowing air on the feet and the windshield. Turn the car off, so inside blah blah. Get in this morning, the temperature is set to low with air blowing in my face. Sucks when it’s in the 20s, and you have cold *** air blowing out.

I asked my guy at the dealership, and he keeps bringing up remote start. I barely use remote start. I certainly haven’t used it in weeks. So it’s not that.

I’ve looked around and seen some posts about sensors or servos…not sure why those would be an issue on a brand new car. What else could it be?
Old 02-16-22, 09:27 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by SukB
Anyone else have issues with their climate control not retaining your last used temperature or mode? My IS 500 will forget what temperature or setting I used before I turned my car off.

Last night, coming home from work I had the temp set at 74 degrees, blowing air on the feet and the windshield. Turn the car off, so inside blah blah. Get in this morning, the temperature is set to low with air blowing in my face. Sucks when it’s in the 20s, and you have cold *** air blowing out.

I asked my guy at the dealership, and he keeps bringing up remote start. I barely use remote start. I certainly haven’t used it in weeks. So it’s not that.

I’ve looked around and seen some posts about sensors or servos…not sure why those would be an issue on a brand new car. What else could it be?
The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to change the temperature of the auto climate sometimes - and I am pretty sure it's when my wife opens the door with her key (even if I'm the one driving, if she managed to get to her door before I get to mine). But, it'll revert back once I unlock with my key. Do you use the same key every time?
Old 02-16-22, 10:04 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by SukB

I had this issue for the first two or so days that I got my IS350. However, on day 2 I disconnected the battery to put some protectors on my terminals, and I also linked my key to my memory position and the problem has seized to exist since. So I wouldn't be able to tell you which of the two settings fixed it. It's worth nothing that I have the auto function disabled in the headunit and in on the actual climate control toggles. The climate control has a mind of its own in auto mode.
Old 02-16-22, 11:05 AM
SukB
Rookie

Originally Posted by arentz07
The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to change the temperature of the auto climate sometimes - and I am pretty sure it's when my wife opens the door with her key (even if I'm the one driving, if she managed to get to her door before I get to mine). But, it'll revert back once I unlock with my key. Do you use the same key every time?
Yea, 99% of the time I’m using the wallet smart key.

Old 02-18-22, 05:41 AM
SukB
Rookie

So I think I figured this out. When I go to work, I have a key fob in my work bag with my house keys and such. I also have my smart key card in my wallet in my pocket. At night when I get home from work, I guess the car is recognizing my key fob. The next morning when I go to take my son to school, I just gave the smart key in my wallet.

So, different climate control memories for different keys. I just never thought about it recognizing the fob from my bag instead the smart key in my pocket.

mystery solved, I suppose. In case anyone cares! Lol

The following 2 users liked this post by SukB:
arentz07 (02-18-22), Jazzrock (02-18-22)
Old 02-18-22, 10:58 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

But if you have the Smart Key Card in your wallet, why carry one in your bag?
Seems redundant is you don't need the buttons on the fob.
Old 02-18-22, 05:03 PM
SukB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
But if you have the Smart Key Card in your wallet, why carry one in your bag?
Seems redundant is you don't need the buttons on the fob.
I’m just used to carrying all my keys in my bag with me, I dunno. Never had a smart key before, so never really thought about it. You’re right, it’s a bit redundant. Need keys for my job and house. Didn’t think about the fob.
Old 02-18-22, 08:52 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Edited: nvm this is an is500 sorry