IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25” CarPlay Units?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 06:00 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

The only thing I do not have is the Lexion USB in the center console area. I open my glove compartment when using Lexion wired connection. I'm the only one using the car most of the time, so it's
not a big deal. I may pay the shop that installed it to route it in the front at some point. Not a big deal, but it would be nice. I'm not handy with installation, so won't attempt it on my own.
Old 04-12-22, 08:40 PM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jushin23
If you guys are experiencing the same then at least I know it’s not something isolated with my unit. I’ll have to see if it comes back mid-drive next time it happens. Does appear random.

Haven’t experienced zlink not connecting or taking a while yet. I’m very happy with how fast the system starts up from engine on to CarPlay connected.

Definitely not a deal breaker as the touchscreen functions fine and I’m using my phone anyway stream radio and google maps so all functions are accessible by other means for those times where the jog wheel doesn’t work on startup.

I have about a 13 hour drive to make in my very near future so having this screen is major.
hello, this is reyn from Binary (Lexion Korea), sent email to me: sale02@binarytek.cn if need help
Old 04-16-22, 02:35 PM
sirdizzle
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody hear of the Nifty City CarPlay unit? Any reviews would be appreciated.
https://www.niftycity.shop/collectio...em-integration
Old 04-16-22, 03:18 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by sirdizzle
Anybody hear of the Nifty City CarPlay unit? Any reviews would be appreciated.
https://www.niftycity.shop/collectio...em-integration
I have not heard of it. It uses the OEM screen. For me, I wanted the larger touchscreen Lexion has.
Plus, it says there's an option to upgrade to wireless at the checkout process. Wireless isn't standard? I want wired and wireless.

Last edited by Jazzrock; 04-16-22 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-16-22, 03:21 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

This is disconcerting: https://www.jeepcherokeeclub.com/thr...add-on.245234/
Old 04-18-22, 02:25 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Looking great! Congrats mate~
The following users liked this post:
Jushin23 (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 01:37 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wongnee
Looking great! Congrats mate~

Thanks!

Quick update - the jog wheel intermittently not working was bothering me, and Reyn posted on this thread to email him regarding the issue, so I did. He has been very responsive in trying to help fix the issue so thank you to Reyn!

. After providing him the info/pics/video he requested, he provided a CAN update file. I updated the unit Tuesday and am in testing to see if this issue is resolved. I have done limited testing so far but since updating it, the wheel has worked every time but it has only been 3 or 4 tests. I have not done enough testing to call it fixed yet but it is promising so far. I would say the frequency of the issue happening prior to the CAN update was 1 every 5 starts, and when it does not work, it does not work the entire time the system is on - dojoman and Jazzrock mentioned when theirs did not work on startup, it eventually came back after some time, which for me has not happened. The only way to get it working again was to turn it off and back on again.

I will keep testing and will report back. I do most of my driving on the weekends so this weekend should be a good test if the issue does not happen before then. If it works every time or is much less frequent, I suggest you reach out to Reyn - sale02@binarytek.cn - and provide him the info needed so he can help resolve. I can attach the CAN update he provided me and how to update but would just need to confirm that my system/setup is the same as whatever you have.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jushin23:
Jazzrock (04-28-22), ReynChan (05-01-22)
Old 04-28-22, 05:08 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Thanks!

Quick update - the jog wheel intermittently not working was bothering me, and Reyn posted on this thread to email him regarding the issue, so I did. He has been very responsive in trying to help fix the issue so thank you to Reyn!

. After providing him the info/pics/video he requested, he provided a CAN update file. I updated the unit Tuesday and am in testing to see if this issue is resolved. I have done limited testing so far but since updating it, the wheel has worked every time but it has only been 3 or 4 tests. I have not done enough testing to call it fixed yet but it is promising so far. I would say the frequency of the issue happening prior to the CAN update was 1 every 5 starts, and when it does not work, it does not work the entire time the system is on - dojoman and Jazzrock mentioned when theirs did not work on startup, it eventually came back after some time, which for me has not happened. The only way to get it working again was to turn it off and back on again.

I will keep testing and will report back. I do most of my driving on the weekends so this weekend should be a good test if the issue does not happen before then. If it works every time or is much less frequent, I suggest you reach out to Reyn - sale02@binarytek.cn - and provide him the info needed so he can help resolve. I can attach the CAN update he provided me and how to update but would just need to confirm that my system/setup is the same as whatever you have.
Great that Reyn Chan helped you out. I bet it will be fine now. You'll know this weekend. Enjoy!
Jushin23 (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 10:40 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Great that Reyn Chan helped you out. I bet it will be fine now. You'll know this weekend. Enjoy!
I am very happy to report that since updating the CAN software I have had a 100% success rate with the jog wheel working! I highly recommend reaching out to Reyn should you be experiencing this issue as frequently as I was. He was very responsive and helpful, can’t thank him enough.

Now I have to figure out how to get the zlink to reconnect in the very few times where it has got stuck in waiting on autoconnect (not a big deal at all as it’s been rare so far) and how to get the system to read the mp3 tags on my dinosaur iPod instead of the file system names, since the file system has random letters assigned to the folders and files and I have no idea what music is what.
Jazzrock (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 12:17 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I am very happy to report that since updating the CAN software I have had a 100% success rate with the jog wheel working! I highly recommend reaching out to Reyn should you be experiencing this issue as frequently as I was. He was very responsive and helpful, can’t thank him enough.

Now I have to figure out how to get the zlink to reconnect in the very few times where it has got stuck in waiting on autoconnect (not a big deal at all as it’s been rare so far) and how to get the system to read the mp3 tags on my dinosaur iPod instead of the file system names, since the file system has random letters assigned to the folders and files and I have no idea what music is what.
This happens to me many times and it happened only in specific scenario for me. So if I turned off my car and restarted in short period maybe like 5-10 min it won't reconnect, just like you saw just waiting to autoconnect. The only way I can force it to reconnect is by going into iPhone BT and manually connect to Lexion BT. I don't think it's iOS related since I've already tried everything, reset network connection, even started fresh on iOS by resetting the phone completely. There's a bug in Lexion for sure.
Old 05-03-22, 01:53 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
This happens to me many times and it happened only in specific scenario for me. So if I turned off my car and restarted in short period maybe like 5-10 min it won't reconnect, just like you saw just waiting to autoconnect. The only way I can force it to reconnect is by going into iPhone BT and manually connect to Lexion BT. I don't think it's iOS related since I've already tried everything, reset network connection, even started fresh on iOS by resetting the phone completely. There's a bug in Lexion for sure.
Have the same problem every now and then with Android Auto connection. I've found if I go into settings and back out again in zlink software it connects, so I think it's a zlink software issue
Old 05-03-22, 04:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Have the same problem every now and then with Android Auto connection. I've found if I go into settings and back out again in zlink software it connects, so I think it's a zlink software issue
Let me try that next time. Weird thing is I can’t update zlink app there’s an option to update. Maybe the whole MCU needs to be updated to get zlink updates.
Old 05-09-22, 10:06 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Hmm this happened to me again after the cr being off a few hours between starts, and no matter what I try I cannot get it to reconnect. Tried the above 2 solutions, and several other combos of turning off and turning back on settings in the zlink app settings and the zlink settings in the main screen settings. Wouldn’t care this happens if I had a quick way to reconnect but for whatever reason for me, there doesn’t seem to be a way other than powering the screen off and back on, at least not one I’ve been able to find yet.

If I can find a way or a newer zlink apk or something and have success, I’ll post back. Any other suggestions are welcome!
Old 05-09-22, 07:21 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Could you please share the software version of the current build?

C/T:
MCU:
Zlink app ver.:

Thanks!

(I had some intermittent disconnect and failed to reconnect issues before while I was wearing the Huawei Smartwatch,
as soon as I switched to another watch, these problems are completely solved.)
Old 05-10-22, 04:57 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by wongnee
Could you please share the software version of the current build?

C/T:
MCU:
Zlink app ver.:

Thanks!

(I had some intermittent disconnect and failed to reconnect issues before while I was wearing the Huawei Smartwatch,
as soon as I switched to another watch, these problems are completely solved.)

zlink at startup shows 3.8.20
wongnee (05-10-22)

Quick Reply: 10.25” CarPlay Units?