IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

10.25” CarPlay Units?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-22, 11:14 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jushin23
I did, unfortunately it stays stuck in waiting for me. Not sure what is different between yours and mine but something is making mine still not work after going in and out of settings. I try again, see if I didn’t go in and exit out fast enough maybe?

if that worked anytime it got stuck in waiting, I’d be fine with that. But if not, I need to find a solution to this.
Reyn needs to chime in how to update zlink app mine is also 3.80.20 it hasn’t been updated for any of us.
Old 05-13-22, 11:28 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Got in the car this morning…stuck in waiting.

Tried all the on/off stuff with Bluetooth and wifi even though both said connected already, couldn’t get zlink to change over to connecting.

I tried restoring to factory settings but the passcode to do that is different than the advanced settings one. Tried searching for it but couldn’t find it here/google. Anyone have that?

Got to where I was going, turned the car off. A few minutes later, car back on, connected fine.

just to add more weirdness, another strange thing happened when it reconnected - the wifi signal was showing the little wifi bars icon which it didn’t before. So I’m in CarPlay but my phone and therefore the screen wasn’t getting any actual internet. I turned wifi off on my phone then on again, it reconnected to the screen but now did not show the wifi bars and it worked fine.

This is getting old real quick. If I have to switched to wired and that resolves all the issues then that’s what I’ll do, but would like this to work as intended. Is switching to wired just a matter of turning off the wifi and Bluetooth and wireless auto connect in the screen settings?

I’ll reach out to Reyn, see if he can provide any other solutions as well.
Did you ever manually connected to the wifi (hotspot) of the unit from your iphone, by entering a wifi password or so? If Yes, manually delete (forget) that "AndroidAP_xxxx" profile from your iPhone, it would mess up with the connection for sure - as if it's duplicated - your phone connects to its wifi hotspot prior to Carplay make a connection, causing what you exactly described.

(System reset is not an option as the manufacturer wouldn't release the passcode)

Last edited by wongnee; 05-15-22 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-13-22, 02:17 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I did, unfortunately it stays stuck in waiting for me. Not sure what is different between yours and mine but something is making mine still not work after going in and out of settings. I try again, see if I didn’t go in and exit out fast enough maybe?

if that worked anytime it got stuck in waiting, I’d be fine with that. But if not, I need to find a solution to this.
Not sure if you’re aware Lexion connects to iPhone via WiFi hotspot. As I mentioned earlier it connects to phone with BT for hand shake but it uses WiFi to Lexion hotspot. If you swipe down from any screen you see this icon showing hotspot connected. If you messed this up then iPhone to Lexion connection is now broken.

Old 05-14-22, 10:19 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I’ll have to look into both of those things you and wongnee mentioned.

Since my last post it has connected fine. Been 4 starts, connected fast, automatically with no intervention on the system or phone.

I did contact Reyn. He asked for my OS version and video for when it gets stuck in waiting so every time I get in my car I’m recording so I catch when it happens. Oddly enough, he also said that v3.8.20 is the latest zlink version…
Old 05-15-22, 10:04 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

I’ll have to look into both of those things you and wongnee mentioned.

Since my last post it has connected fine. Been 4 starts, connected fast, automatically with no intervention on the system or phone.

I did contact Reyn. He asked for my OS version and video for when it gets stuck in waiting so every time I get in my car I’m recording so I catch when it happens. Oddly enough, he also said that v3.8.20 is the latest zlink version…
forgetting the "AndroidAP_xxxx" from your iPhone's wifi profile would certainly help.
good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Jushin23 (05-16-22)
Old 05-16-22, 04:32 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by wongnee
forgetting the "AndroidAP_xxxx" from your iPhone's wifi profile would certainly help.
good luck.
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this next time. I’m sure I turned off and on wifi in troubleshooting but not 100% sure if I forgot the network then reconnected when it was stuck in waiting to see if it would reconnect.

I provided the info Reyn requested. He said he is going to have the engineers test, but also asked if anyone having this issue to email him;

sale02@binarytek.cn

He also provided the attached instructions for me to try when it gets stuck in waiting again - EDIT, I can’t upload that file type so adding screenshots of it - They are just standard instructions on how to connect, disconnect, and troubleshoot when connection fails, but I haven’t tried removing the car from the CarPlay menu in settings when troubleshooting. I may just try everything in the last page - remove it all from my phone, start from scratch before I start the car, then connect all again as if the first time since I had the cars Bluetooth on and all that stuff (even though the stuck in waiting issue seems to happen with and without that stuff on).

Old 05-17-22, 02:56 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this next time. I’m sure I turned off and on wifi in troubleshooting but not 100% sure if I forgot the network then reconnected when it was stuck in waiting to see if it would reconnect.

I provided the info Reyn requested. He said he is going to have the engineers test, but also asked if anyone having this issue to email him;

sale02@binarytek.cn

He also provided the attached instructions for me to try when it gets stuck in waiting again - EDIT, I can’t upload that file type so adding screenshots of it - They are just standard instructions on how to connect, disconnect, and troubleshoot when connection fails, but I haven’t tried removing the car from the CarPlay menu in settings when troubleshooting. I may just try everything in the last page - remove it all from my phone, start from scratch before I start the car, then connect all again as if the first time since I had the cars Bluetooth on and all that stuff (even though the stuck in waiting issue seems to happen with and without that stuff on).

Point "Fourth" is exactly what I advised you to do.
Old 05-17-22, 05:56 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Point "Fourth" is exactly what I advised you to do.
True! Much appreciated for the help too!

I had to take another little road trip so I haven’t tried anything yet. I’ll either try again if it fails to connect before I get home or after I get home regardless if it fails before then. I’ll clear the wifi network and remove the car from the CarPlay menu on the phone, then start from scratch with the connections.

Even if I can get it to reconnect after it fails on start up without having to turn the car off (like going into the zlink settings and backing out), that would be a win and I’d be satisfied. Will update when I clear that stuff out and have some test results.
Old 05-18-22, 12:12 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

True! Much appreciated for the help too!

I had to take another little road trip so I haven’t tried anything yet. I’ll either try again if it fails to connect before I get home or after I get home regardless if it fails before then. I’ll clear the wifi network and remove the car from the CarPlay menu on the phone, then start from scratch with the connections.

Even if I can get it to reconnect after it fails on start up without having to turn the car off (like going into the zlink settings and backing out), that would be a win and I’d be satisfied. Will update when I clear that stuff out and have some test results.
Sometimes I exit my car and when I re-enter, I would manually click on the Bluetooth profile of the unit on the iPhone,
then it will re-connect to Zlink CarPlay by itself (switching to Wi-Fi connection is an automated process)
Old 06-02-22, 02:38 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

Been a little while since the issue happened but it finally did. So I followed the advise and the instructions provided…when I go to reconnect to the wifi, it asks for a password. I search google and the forums, tried a couple of passwords I found (the one for advanced settings and 12345678) but they didn’t work. Never asked for a password so I don’t know what that’s about. I turned my car off, wait a few then turned back on, and it connected via Bluetooth and then when I went to connect to the wifi, it didn’t ask for a password that time. I did have to go into CarPlay settings on the phone and enable CarPlay for the zlink connection first but then when I connected to wifi, it didn’t ask for a password. Very strange. Does anyone know the default wifi password?

There was one thing I need to try next time it happens - when the issue happened and I reset everything, when I connected back to Bluetooth, I didn’t go into CarPlay settings on my phone and then choose enable CarPlay. Maybe I needed to do that to get the wifi to connect without entering a password. Guess I’ll have to wait and see when it happens again.
Old 06-03-22, 05:27 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Been a little while since the issue happened but it finally did. So I followed the advise and the instructions provided…when I go to reconnect to the wifi, it asks for a password. I search google and the forums, tried a couple of passwords I found (the one for advanced settings and 12345678) but they didn’t work. Never asked for a password so I don’t know what that’s about. I turned my car off, wait a few then turned back on, and it connected via Bluetooth and then when I went to connect to the wifi, it didn’t ask for a password that time. I did have to go into CarPlay settings on the phone and enable CarPlay for the zlink connection first but then when I connected to wifi, it didn’t ask for a password. Very strange. Does anyone know the default wifi password?

There was one thing I need to try next time it happens - when the issue happened and I reset everything, when I connected back to Bluetooth, I didn’t go into CarPlay settings on my phone and then choose enable CarPlay. Maybe I needed to do that to get the wifi to connect without entering a password. Guess I’ll have to wait and see when it happens again.
You should forget that wifi network on your iPhone! It shouldn't be manually connected, ever.
Old 06-03-22, 06:38 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

You should forget that wifi network on your iPhone! It shouldn't be manually connected, ever.
It has to connect to the network otherwise CarPlay doesn’t work at all. In the instructions it shows to just connect Bluetooth and that works but it never switches to CarPlay until I connect to that wifi network. It also shows in order to turn off CarPlay, disconnect from that network, which means it needs to be connected for it to work.

I’m sitting in the car now and it’s stuck in waiting. I follow the instructions exactly how it says to disconnect and reconnect for wireless CarPlay and it doesn’t work. The only solution is to turn the car off and then back on.

If I had the wifi password it’s asking for, I’m sure that would work to reconnect and I wouldn’t have to turn the car off and on again. I’m going to ask Reyn for the wifi password, see if he has it. Otherwise I’m just going wired.
Old 06-03-22, 06:49 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

It asks for the wifi password when I disconnect then try to reconnect. Once I turn the car off then back on, it no longer gets stuck in waiting / it shows it trying to connect with the Apple logo and the orange border filling up around it. It will not switch to CarPlay until I reconnect to that wifi network, which when I try after I turn the car off then on, it no longer asks for a password. It connects to the network, then CarPlay works again
Old 06-21-22, 11:02 AM
neosoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexion Zlink possible fixes

Hi Guys -

I have the Lexion unit for an RCF (if that matters). I like to maximize what I do with the android units (additional apps/games etc) and one thing I did do is add external storage (via SDcard) and USB drive. This is where my Zlink issues started happening... It turns out these external drives get corrupted much more easily and some culprits are apps that are constantly writing to the unit.

POSSIBLE WAYS TO FIX:

1 - Eject or WIPE the external storage. You need to shutdown the car and walk away for the unit to fully shutdown. This has solved my issue everytime and Zlink started to work again...
2 - If you want to SAVE the external storage, and attempt repair, you can try running this app: System Repair For Android : Repair Corrupt Files - Apps on Google Play - this is the only one that worked for me.

If either step does NOT work, try forcing your WIFI to connect to Android#### and Bluetooth to BNR-XXX. If you are getting asked for a password with Android####, "forget" the BNR-XXX connection and re-add it once Zlink is available. It should auto add the Android WIFI connection after. Reminder that you need BOTH the WIFI connection to Android#### and the BLuetooth connection to BNR-XXXX for CarPlay to work. The Android WIFI connection gets AUTOMATICALLY created by Zlink - if it asks you for a password, it didnt get created properly or prematurely erased. Remove the saved entry for BNR-XXX and try again.

Hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
Jushin23 (06-22-22)
Old 06-22-22, 03:13 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by neosoul
Hi Guys -

I have the Lexion unit for an RCF (if that matters). I like to maximize what I do with the android units (additional apps/games etc) and one thing I did do is add external storage (via SDcard) and USB drive. This is where my Zlink issues started happening... It turns out these external drives get corrupted much more easily and some culprits are apps that are constantly writing to the unit.

POSSIBLE WAYS TO FIX:

1 - Eject or WIPE the external storage. You need to shutdown the car and walk away for the unit to fully shutdown. This has solved my issue everytime and Zlink started to work again...
2 - If you want to SAVE the external storage, and attempt repair, you can try running this app: System Repair For Android : Repair Corrupt Files - Apps on Google Play - this is the only one that worked for me.

If either step does NOT work, try forcing your WIFI to connect to Android#### and Bluetooth to BNR-XXX. If you are getting asked for a password with Android####, "forget" the BNR-XXX connection and re-add it once Zlink is available. It should auto add the Android WIFI connection after. Reminder that you need BOTH the WIFI connection to Android#### and the BLuetooth connection to BNR-XXXX for CarPlay to work. The Android WIFI connection gets AUTOMATICALLY created by Zlink - if it asks you for a password, it didnt get created properly or prematurely erased. Remove the saved entry for BNR-XXX and try again.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info!!

It’s been a little bit since I posted - I did reach out to Reyn, and he provided me with an updated Zlink app with videos on how to uninstall the old app and install the new one. I have yet to try this bc I got the new app a day before I had to take a 13+ hour drive north of where I live, and I did not want something to get screwed up and risk not having CarPlay at all for this drive. Based on the videos he provided, the update process was straightforward enough but I just did not want to take any chances.

The connection wasn’t having any issues for a few days, must have worked fine 20-25 times, then of course it happened. I brought the files with me so I may do the update while I’m away but would rather wait till I’m back home in a week and a half.

Either way, I’ll post an update once I put on the new zlink app. At latest, that would be July 3rd. I can also upload the app and videos files or send them to whoever is interested.

Quick Reply: 10.25” CarPlay Units?