10.25” CarPlay Units?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-22, 05:09 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jushin23
Thanks for the info!!

It’s been a little bit since I posted - I did reach out to Reyn, and he provided me with an updated Zlink app with videos on how to uninstall the old app and install the new one. I have yet to try this bc I got the new app a day before I had to take a 13+ hour drive north of where I live, and I did not want something to get screwed up and risk not having CarPlay at all for this drive. Based on the videos he provided, the update process was straightforward enough but I just did not want to take any chances.

The connection wasn’t having any issues for a few days, must have worked fine 20-25 times, then of course it happened. I brought the files with me so I may do the update while I’m away but would rather wait till I’m back home in a week and a half.

Either way, I’ll post an update once I put on the new zlink app. At latest, that would be July 3rd. I can also upload the app and videos files or send them to whoever is interested.
Send me the update and video when you’re back. It started happening to me more often now. TIA
Old 07-03-22, 10:31 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for the delay - I just got back late last night. I haven't gotten around to updating just yet but intend to in the next day or 2.

How would you like me to send the update file and vids to you? Just upload here?

The update file is 10.5mb, 1 video is 13mb and the other is 5.3mb
Old 07-04-22, 06:53 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Sorry for the delay - I just got back late last night. I haven't gotten around to updating just yet but intend to in the next day or 2.

How would you like me to send the update file and vids to you? Just upload here?

The update file is 10.5mb, 1 video is 13mb and the other is 5.3mb
Hey no problem I was out of town too. Do you have Google drive where you can just share the files?

Last edited by dojoman; 07-04-22 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-05-22, 10:16 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

@Jushin23 You can upload all the files here they go directly to my Google drive you don’t even need an account. TIA

https://driveuploader.com/upload/qDA8PAW6bo/
Old 07-05-22, 11:45 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I received the files let me check out the videos and will report back. Thx
Old 07-05-22, 11:49 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
@Jushin23 You can upload all the files here they go directly to my Google drive you don’t even need an account. TIA

https://driveuploader.com/upload/qDA8PAW6bo/

All set! Those 2 videos and the .apk file is all I was provided from Reyn. The shorter video is showing how to uninstall the existing zlink app then install the new app. The longer video is showing how to activate the app and then it connecting to a phone to show it's working.

I still haven't attempted this but I will post when I do.
Old 07-05-22, 12:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

All set! Those 2 videos and the .apk file is all I was provided from Reyn. The shorter video is showing how to uninstall the existing zlink app then install the new app. The longer video is showing how to activate the app and then it connecting to a phone to show it's working.

I still haven't attempted this but I will post when I do.
I’m a bit confused about longer video where she connected CarPlay unit to WiFi but turned off hotspot. Not sure what it accomplished maybe the app needs internet data first time loading for permission granting. I’m afraid to do it since it involves deleting app first and I don’t have backup of original zlink app.
Old 07-05-22, 06:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I just updated the app it’s easy. Put apk in usb drive and plug it into CarPlay USB port coming out from Lexion unit. I ignored the instructions in video. Go to Applications then use file explorer and click on that apk file. It will take you to a screen to toggle permission to allow to install. It will overwrite existing zlink app and upgrade. New version is 3.9.44. run zlink app you need to allow permission for display in next screen. It will connect to iPhone automatically don’t to re-pair phone again. CarPlay seems a bit snappier but could be just placebo.

Last edited by dojoman; 07-07-22 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-05-22, 08:23 PM
Lukatoll
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic from the current discussion.

I've been in the market for one of these 10.25 in screens, but I'm holding out for a newer generation of the 4x4 screen since it seems like they have had the best customer service, but the Lexion screen is better in quality.
Anyways, I actually called 4x4 today and spoke with one of their sales reps, and I asked when the next screen for the Lexus IS is coming out with Android 11. The rep told me that they launched their new screen today, but he won't have information regarding if it runs Android 11 until tomorrow, so he said for me to call back.

I'm a little confused because I go to the 4x4 shop and I don't see any 4th generation screen, it still just shows the 3rd generation.

But I'll try calling again tomorrow to see what's up. I'm really hoping they are actually launching the new screen and if so there are some significant improvements to put in on par with the Lexion screen. If it is, I'll be purchasing right away and will update everyone on how it goes with the install.

Last edited by Lukatoll; 07-05-22 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-06-22, 05:13 AM
Jushin23
Rookie

I just updated the app it’s easy. Put apk in usb drive and plug it into CarPlay USB port coming out from Lexion unit. I ignored the instructions in video. Go to Applications then use file explorer and click on that apk file. It will take you to a screen to toggle permission to allow to install. It will overwrite existing zlink app and upgrade. New version is 3.9.44. run zlink app you need to allow permission for display in next screen. It will connect to iPhone automatically don’t to re-pair phone again. CarPlay seems a bit snappier but could be just placebo.

Anyone wants to update zlink app you can grab from here. I claim no responsibility if things don’t work after installing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xO...CbOWRHWjJ/view
Awesome! I watched those videos a bunch of times to see exactly what was being done. Seemed like there was a certain order of enabling permissions or whatever in order to get it to activate, but I guess not if you can just install the new app and overwrite the old one. Was there an activation step as shown in the video? Did you just open the newly installed version and it said updated? I guess you didn't need to connect to unit wifi at all?

I am going to attempt the install momentarily. Thanks for the info! Hopefully this takes care of that pesky failure to connect issue.
Old 07-06-22, 09:49 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Awesome! I watched those videos a bunch of times to see exactly what was being done. Seemed like there was a certain order of enabling permissions or whatever in order to get it to activate, but I guess not if you can just install the new app and overwrite the old one. Was there an activation step as shown in the video? Did you just open the newly installed version and it said updated? I guess you didn't need to connect to unit wifi at all?

I am going to attempt the install momentarily. Thanks for the info! Hopefully this takes care of that pesky failure to connect issue.
It’s pretty much self explanatory since permission screens show up automatically you just need to toggle it to allow. I had to do it twice, once to allow developer to install and another time was when I launched zlink from the unit. It needed permission to project screen. I didn’t have to connect unit to WiFi at all.
Old 07-06-22, 02:27 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

It’s pretty much self explanatory since permission screens show up automatically you just need to toggle it to allow. I had to do it twice, once to allow developer to install and another time was when I launched zlink from the unit. It needed permission to project screen. I didn’t have to connect unit to WiFi at all.
I just attempted to update, and things did not go as smoothly for me as they did for you. I followed your instructions and when I open the zlink app after allowing permissions, it stays in waiting and 2 error messages pop up, 1 that says 'libbinarui_rk3399.so' and the other is 'load platform libfail...'

I then followed the videos Reyn provided and I still get the same errors....now I'm getting a bit concerned.

I'm going to try copying the apk file onto the drive again, also try the other USB port. I'm also going to reach back out to Reyn.
Old 07-06-22, 02:41 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

I just went to try again and when zlink went to auto open and connect, everything worked fine....strange, but I won't question it!

I'll have to just see what happens as I use it, if that error was a one-off thing or what.
Old 07-06-22, 02:57 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I started driving around I noticed sound quality seems worse than before, music, podcast both have popping sound and volume seems a bit low. I restarted my car same thing.
Old 07-06-22, 05:49 PM
Jushin23
Rookie

I started driving around I noticed sound quality seems worse than before, music, podcast both have popping sound and volume seems a bit low. I restarted my car same thing.
That’s not an encouraging start…

I haven’t drove around yet, only streamed music for a few seconds when it connected so not a valid test.

I’ll take a ride tomorrow, see if I’m experiencing the same thing.

Quick Reply: 10.25” CarPlay Units?