IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Repair estimate HELPPP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-22 | 10:29 PM
benjilou
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Repair estimate HELPPP!

Hello, I am trying to hopefully get a rough estimate of what you guys believe the damages are to my 2014 IS250 F sport. I was in an auto accident for which was not my fault, and the at fault driver’s insurance is Progressive. I have heard so many shady things about them, and the repair shop they sent my car to also has very shady reviews (paint not matching, month for repair time, car has more dings than when brought to shop, car doesn’t drive the same, etc.). I am worried they will try to fix my car and not use OEM new parts. I also have ~135,000 miles on the odometer. Any advice would be great.

Old 02-21-22 | 10:58 PM
wsvc206
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by benjilou
Hello, I am trying to hopefully get a rough estimate of what you guys believe the damages are to my 2014 IS250 F sport. I was in an auto accident for which was not my fault, and the at fault driver’s insurance is Progressive. I have heard so many shady things about them, and the repair shop they sent my car to also has very shady reviews (paint not matching, month for repair time, car has more dings than when brought to shop, car doesn’t drive the same, etc.). I am worried they will try to fix my car and not use OEM new parts. I also have ~135,000 miles on the odometer. Any advice would be great.

take it to a Lexus dealership and ask them who they use when it come to body repair. You don’t have to use progressive in shop network. Also tell them you want OEM parts and talk to the body shop and advise them for OEM parts only. Also request diminish value claim
Old 02-22-22 | 03:29 AM
swaangin
Racer

I used a Lexus dealership and they overestimated it, promised me OEM parts, put on aftermarket / used parts and gave the car back lmao. If you use in network Progressive insurance, they'll back you up if any work isn't done right or you can use out of network body shop (I would do this, find Google / Yelp reviews) and take it to that shop
Old 02-22-22 | 05:07 AM
bgross88
Pit Crew

I just had a self inflicted issue with my 2016 IS300....very stupid, and totally my fault. I had nothing but front clip damage. No hood or fender issue. My total was $4500. I used an indy body shop, but they guaranteed OEM parts. I had my car back in 2.5 weeks--biggest delay was waiting for the front end to arrive from Lexus. Given you have fender damage, and possibly hood damage--hard to tell from pics--you're looking at several 1000 more than my repair was. Hope that helps.
Old 02-22-22 | 05:12 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by swaangin
I used a Lexus dealership and they overestimated it, promised me OEM parts, put on aftermarket / used parts and gave the car back lmao. If you use in network Progressive insurance, they'll back you up if any work isn't done right or you can use out of network body shop (I would do this, find Google / Yelp reviews) and take it to that shop
The thing that you need to bear in mind is that they are "In-Network" for a reason, and 99 times out of 100 it's because they do the work for the cheapest and Progressive loves saving money. I see In-Network shops as being on the insurance's side, not yours, so I steer clear from them always. Go to a Lexus Certified Body Shop (not every Lexus dealer has one, so google it) and most of them will back their work for as long as you own the vehicle. Be upfront with them and tell them that you will not accept anything that is not OEM parts, and do the same with Progressive. Truthfully, be prepared for the shop to have the car for a while because they will fight back and forth with the body shop about the costs and that will take time. But in the end, if your body shop puts their big boy pants on, with a mixture of you threatening to sue Progressive, you'll get what you want. Don't be Mr. Niceguy with the insurance companies and don't let them put their finger where the sun doesn't shine. They charge way too much and are never your friend when you actually need to use them. Keep us posted, but by all means, avoid the Progressive shop, especially since Progressive has no insurable interest with you and you found bad reviews about their shop.

Edit: Here is the link for the certified collision centers, and you can see that on the home page they themselves say they use Genuine Lexus parts. So if the dealer or insurance gives you a hard time, just send them that. HOME - Lexus (lexuscollisioncenter.com)

Last edited by TipsyTonio; 02-22-22 at 05:16 AM.