IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tsudo exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 09:23 AM
Pierreluis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsudo exhaust

What are your thoughts on the tsudo exhaust system?

Old 03-07-22, 04:06 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Search Tsudo here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

With this sub forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-251/
Old 03-08-22, 06:02 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Tsudo is like a cheaper version of Apexi
Old 03-08-22, 08:55 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

It's more like a carbon copy of the Invidia system. They are practically identical. I have had this exhaust on my car for 3 years now. It fit right up perfectly and I have had no issues with it. It was a little loud at first, which was a little concerning because I didn't want my car very loud. But it settled in nicely for me, relatively modest most the time but opens up if you are getting on it. It is probably one of the quieter catback exhausts available. The only time I find it annoying is at slower speeds and high load, like 50mph in 8th gear going up hill.

Last edited by Tungstn-IS; 03-08-22 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-15-22, 02:38 AM
Baja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only got the axleback on so I can't speak for the midpipe, but I installed it just over a year ago and I love everything about it. I didn't want to be a cop magnet, especially since I live in California so I went with the quietest/2nd quietest exhaust for the IS. For me, if I had the extra dough, I would have invested in the F-Sport axleback, it sounds soooo nice despite its quietness.

Anyways, I didn't have the will to try and install it myself so I took it to the shop. Only problem they ran into was the exhaust don't come with mounting hardware, it is a cheap exhaust, but they luckily had the parts on deck. Overall, they had the car up for less than an hour and I was on my way off to work.

Like the other user mentioned, it was pretty loud at first, I have a thread of my own regarding this issue, but it settled in after a few hundred miles. With any aftermarket exhaust, there will be a slight drone, especially more with the midpipe, so be mindful of that. As for sound quality, it sounds fantastic in the cabin. I have yet to have someone else drive it and hear it from outside but I had several compliments of how good it sounds.

As for the build quality, the welds are solid, as far as I could tell. The steel is still very shiny after a year and I love looking at them just because they are so clean.

The tips stick out slightly more than stock, maybe by like 3-5mm? It does kind of look awkward with the stock rear valance but I slapped on the Stillen diffuser and it looks perfect now.

Overall, you can't beat the Tsudo given its budget price tag. I always felt that Invidia is overpriced for what you get from them, but of course not as overpriced as the Magnaflow ones that sound stock lol. I just checked the inventory for Tsudo off their main vendor and it looks like they're all out of stock, and that is the only drawback I see with them, they are never in stock!

I hope this helped man. Cheers!
Old 03-15-22, 09:29 AM
brian3is
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

i have an invidia axleback for my 3is. it sounds nice but i want a little more with a midpipe. initially i was gonna go get an invidia midpipe but its discontinued.

From the videos, the tsudo midpipe is what im looking for and is an affordable option vs apexi.
Old 04-20-22, 11:02 AM
brian3is
Driver School Candidate

few months back I installed the invidia axle-back. was impressed by the difference it made. Just yesterday I installed the tsudo midpipe and initially was shocked how loud and droney it was. After a few drives around town. it seems to have settled and sounds great. A cold start this morning brought a smile to my face.

Driving around. if you're conservative its only noticeable from inside, but if you floor it, its aggressive af. I feel like the throttle response is less restrictive, more responsive. This is where I stop at exhaust modification. It masks the high pitched intake sound from the engine which i don't notice anymore.
Old 04-21-22, 12:23 PM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by brian3is
few months back I installed the invidia axle-back. was impressed by the difference it made. Just yesterday I installed the tsudo midpipe and initially was shocked how loud and droney it was. After a few drives around town. it seems to have settled and sounds great. A cold start this morning brought a smile to my face.

Driving around. if you're conservative its only noticeable from inside, but if you floor it, its aggressive af. I feel like the throttle response is less restrictive, more responsive. This is where I stop at exhaust modification. It masks the high pitched intake sound from the engine which i don't notice anymore.
Nice I'm contemplating the tsudo midpipe myself- did you manage to find one used? Only ones I see online include the midpipe and the axleback
Was considering pairing it with my f sport axleback- would love to see a sound clip sometime!
Old 04-21-22, 03:32 PM
brian3is
Driver School Candidate

There was an invidia midpipe used on fb in my area. i totally missed my chance so when i found out about the tsudo one, it ended up being cheaper brand new anyway.

it’s around 500 USD on semotors.com
(awd version + midpipe ONLY)
im in canada so i had to pay extra for shipping and duties.

acceleration

semi cold start

Originally Posted by CASeoul
Nice I'm contemplating the tsudo midpipe myself- did you manage to find one used? Only ones I see online include the midpipe and the axleback
Was considering pairing it with my f sport axleback- would love to see a sound clip sometime!

Last edited by brian3is; 04-21-22 at 03:40 PM.