Help With Joe-Z Axle Back (3IS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-22, 08:51 PM
Nabil3IS
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Help With Joe-Z Axle Back (3IS)

Hello,
I just started modding my 2015 Lexus IS AWD and I found that the Joe-z Axleback is the best sounding and most optimal option for me. Unfortunately, they have been sold out for a while and there is no ETA till they are back. So I found someone near me selling one for a pretty good price but when I went to go install it (about 2ish months after I bought it) I found that the flanges didn't match up at all. I even asked my mechanic and he confirmed that the flanges don't match up despite it being sold as just an axle-back. I did some research and found that it is sold like that with the flat face of the flange but I assume when you buy it new then it comes with an adapter or something that allows you to bolt it up correctly. I did not receive anything but the exhaust so I'm not sure, does anyone know if there is a piece or any other hardware that comes when it is bought new? If so is there any way I can buy that/those piece(s) so that I can install it? Thank you!

Link - https://www.modinjapan.com/pts-is2014-axle.html

Old 03-20-22, 09:17 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

No adapter, just some nuts and bolts that you can pickup from a local hardware store. You could also take in your OEM bolts and find some nuts that work, I just can't exactly recall if the OEM bolts are long enough as the flange they weld on is pretty thick
Old 03-20-22, 09:41 PM
Nabil3IS
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you 100% sure cause the OEM mid-pipe and the OEM axle-back meet with these like donut gaskets. So if the OEM mid-pipe with donut style flange/gasket meets with the flat flange wouldn't it leak? and would I need to use the gasket still or just take it out? (I bought OEM hardware so the bolts and the springs)

Last edited by Nabil3IS; 03-20-22 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-28-22, 11:16 AM
dappy9
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabil3IS
Are you 100% sure cause the OEM mid-pipe and the OEM axle-back meet with these like donut gaskets. So if the OEM mid-pipe with donut style flange/gasket meets with the flat flange wouldn't it leak? and would I need to use the gasket still or just take it out? (I bought OEM hardware so the bolts and the springs)
Should be fine, I have the same setup and when I replaced the axleback portion just made sure to bolt down hard i've had to retighten the bolts as it leaked a couple times already
Old 03-28-22, 06:01 PM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabil3IS
I believe I ran into a similar issue when I had my Invidia axleback on- I just reused the gasket on my oem midpipe, and got some stainless steel bolts, lock washers, and nuts from a hardware store. I couldn't use the OEM bolts/springs personally, because the oem bolt has a taper at the end. The bolt, lock washer and nut kept it on tight, no leaks.