IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Need help Picking Headlights for my Lexus IS350F 14’

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-22, 01:02 PM
Vicati
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Picking Headlights for my Lexus IS350F 14’

Headlights are super dim and I almost crashed at night because high beams are now dim low beams and this is super annoying.

can’t find proper headlights for my car except for like $1000-1500 bucks for the same exact pair for the same dim headlight need bright LED headlight in the 6K spectrum so ultra white. Because these 6500k dim lights from factory are crap.

I took it to a shop and they said they couldn’t get light for my car & on top I can’t replace bulbs as they showed me it was a sealed unit.

any luck out there ?

anyone making dope headlights with black background or a different design, I see the 2IS gets all these cool headlights they even got a new model that came out with a very similar looking headlight to the 2022 car.

What’s the deal with 3is?
Old 06-07-22, 01:20 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

These headlights are so bright that I get high beamed, constantly, from oncoming traffic. There are no aftermarket options (for good reason, since the factory ones are amazing). You could try upgrading to the triple beam led but I don't think that really increases the brightness by that much more. You might want to try angling the projectors upwards since it's sitting low, had my dealership do it and I can see everything now

Make sure to check there's no condensation that's built up via a cracked headlight either
Old 06-07-22, 01:43 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,798 Likes on 1,927 Posts

Honestly, I am thinking either A) the OE headlights are getting old and not outputting light like they used to or B) like swaangin said, it could be condensation or time to refresh the headlight lenses. These cars have pretty bright headlights. In both my 2016 and my 2021 I get flashed all the time by people who assume I have the high beams on.
Old 06-07-22, 02:23 PM
Vicati
Rookie

Originally Posted by swaangin
These headlights are so bright that I get high beamed, constantly, from oncoming traffic. There are no aftermarket options (for good reason, since the factory ones are amazing). You could try upgrading to the triple beam led but I don't think that really increases the brightness by that much more. You might want to try angling the projectors upwards since it's sitting low, had my dealership do it and I can see everything now

Make sure to check there's no condensation that's built up via a cracked headlight either

no bro their ****ed, I almost crashed my entire IS driving on curvy roads in the forest at night when I was coming home from a dintant area, just driving normally, I had them adjusted but their bad. Anyone have a link on the tripple beam for 3is?
Old 06-07-22, 02:25 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

You have to change your front bumper to the 2017+ in order to fit the triple beam and they cost a lot. I know one seller on IG who sells them.. definitely paying like at least $2K+ maybe more unless you can find a totaled out car
Old 06-07-22, 02:27 PM
Vicati
Rookie

Originally Posted by arentz07
Honestly, I am thinking either A) the OE headlights are getting old and not outputting light like they used to or B) like swaangin said, it could be condensation or time to refresh the headlight lenses. These cars have pretty bright headlights. In both my 2016 and my 2021 I get flashed all the time by people who assume I have the high beams on.

I think it’s A their not outputting what they used too. I don’t get flashed by anyone even when my “highbeams” are on, this is not exaggeration it’s BAD. They only light like 30 feet infront of the car.

Everything else on my car is sounds I do the maintenance on time.

but these headlights are Utter GARBAGE.

so you recommend buying the OEMs?

Do you know if these are HID & have a balazo I think their LED
Old 06-07-22, 02:33 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,798 Likes on 1,927 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicati
I think it’s A their not outputting what they used too. I don’t get flashed by anyone even when my “highbeams” are on, this is not exaggeration it’s BAD. They only light like 30 feet infront of the car.

Everything else on my car is sounds I do the maintenance on time.

but these headlights are Utter GARBAGE.

so you recommend buying the OEMs?

Do you know if these are HID & have a balazo I think their LED
If you have an F Sport they're almost certainly LED.
LED lights have two projector modules on each side, and HID lights have only one module on each side.
Old 06-07-22, 10:46 PM
Vicati
Rookie

Originally Posted by arentz07
If you have an F Sport they're almost certainly LED.
LED lights have two projector modules on each side, and HID lights have only one module on each side.
ah okay thanks yeah I have LEDs then and yeah its the F Sport.
Old 06-07-22, 10:55 PM
Vicati
Rookie

Ok nvm haha I actually like the look of my front bumper for the entire the 2017+ ones.
Old 06-08-22, 07:17 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

LST offers aftermarket LED headlights for 3IS and they are much cheaper than OEM...

LST:
http://www.lstautoparts.com/for_lexus_is/

HOWEVER, be reminded that build quality wouldn't be as good as OEM for sure.

Last edited by wongnee; 06-08-22 at 07:27 AM.