IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

puddle lights on IS500?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-22, 06:02 PM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yup!! Those are it! I always knew he bought them from some Chinese reseller but I could never find the reseller. He has a couple more color options that have color but those are it. The one I got says Lexus and has the logo but the one like yours with just the text more closely resembles the OEM one sold in Japan
Lol it took me the 6 months you've had them on to find them- so theres the 10 dollars I guess. I found my sequential turn signals on there once, but they disappeared before I ordered so I ended up buying from someone from Facebook for that one.

Picked up a dead pedal and e-brake pedal that match the f sport pedals- will post a thread after install. It's surprising what you can find on there.
The following 2 users liked this post by CASeoul:
macmaster (08-01-22), TipsyTonio (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22, 06:31 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Let me settle the debate for you. I bought a set of high-res glass lens puddle lights on my 22 IS350 from @LeonCarbonFiber for $30 off instagram. He offers Lexus logo and F Sport logo emblems and the ones he sells are universal for most Lexus models as the connectors are all the same. I've seen them installed on 14-20 IS and 2021+ IS with no issues. The angle of the lens is adjustable unlike others so the image will project perfectly flat on the floor given that our puddle light is at an angle. I did hours and hours of research on this and I couldn't find any other adjustable, high quality projector. I wanted an image that didn't look cheap or distorted, and 6 months into having these installed, these still meet the criteria.
Agree with TipsyTonio. I left my puddle lights alone because it looks like a bear to take apart to get to the LEDs, but for the door courtesy lights, I ended up getting F-Sport ones that are crisp and really high quality for my 2018 IS. The door courtesy lights you see on Amazon or eBay are using other photos from other people, but the lights you get (while a little cheaper) fade or become fuzzy after a few weeks of use.

I've had mine now for a few months and they still look good, as when I first installed them. Highly recommend and LeonCarbonFiber is the guy to get it from... his name is Rotanak Giang btw.
The following users liked this post:
macmaster (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22, 07:25 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by unioncorps
Agree with TipsyTonio. I left my puddle lights alone because it looks like a bear to take apart to get to the LEDs, but for the door courtesy lights, I ended up getting F-Sport ones that are crisp and really high quality for my 2018 IS. The door courtesy lights you see on Amazon or eBay are using other photos from other people, but the lights you get (while a little cheaper) fade or become fuzzy after a few weeks of use.

I've had mine now for a few months and they still look good, as when I first installed them. Highly recommend and LeonCarbonFiber is the guy to get it from... his name is Rotanak Giang btw.
Do you have any pic of them installed? was thinking of picking up a set for my GS350 but torn between the F Sport and the F Ring Sport..yeah I know I dont have a true F but like the look of that logo.
Old 08-02-22, 07:47 AM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Lol I had an ebay one prior- most annoying was that the projector would get loose and the image would be upside down and out of focus
The new one from aliexpress is clear as day.

Puddle lights are a bit of work to get to- mirror removal is honestly the scariest part but not too bad. If you ever get sequential mirror signals, you can do em all at once.
Old 08-02-22, 07:54 AM
Velobrew
Driver

Received 175 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Leon Carbonfiber

2nd this recommendation, they are bright/crisp and install in about 30 seconds.
Old 08-02-22, 08:33 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TarmacSL3
Do you have any pic of them installed? was thinking of picking up a set for my GS350 but torn between the F Sport and the F Ring Sport..yeah I know I dont have a true F but like the look of that logo.
I got the F-Sport ones with a blue border. The lenses are adjustable so you can modify how it projects on the ground (in other words, you can stretch the image or make it narrower).

As far whether to get the F-Sport vs. F logo ones, if it were me, I'd stick with F-Sport personally since you don't have a true F but it's your car

Originally Posted by CASeoul
Lol I had an ebay one prior- most annoying was that the projector would get loose and the image would be upside down and out of focus
The new one from aliexpress is clear as day.

Puddle lights are a bit of work to get to- mirror removal is honestly the scariest part but not too bad. If you ever get sequential mirror signals, you can do em all at once.
Yeah agree... the eBay ones are crap. I think the main reason is the "projector" uses a film vs. a a glass lenses which deteriorates or fades over time.
Old 08-02-22, 09:06 AM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Yeah agree... the eBay ones are crap. I think the main reason is the "projector" uses a film vs. a a glass lenses which deteriorates or fades over time.
I'd second the opinion in the F vs FSport choice there.

Snapped some quick pics to show the difference between the "cheap" ebay/amazon lights and the aliexpress/leoncarbonfiber. iirc amazon/ebay was 13-15 bucks?

Wires are thicker for the board and the housing has a cutout for the image as opposed to shining through the plastic. You can also see the adjustable angle in the second pic- I installed as is and they looked pretty level for the ground. Last is the box the aliexpress lights came in.

The following users liked this post:
macmaster (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22, 11:42 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

[QUOTE=unioncorps;11337508]I got the F-Sport ones with a blue border. The lenses are adjustable so you can modify how it projects on the ground (in other words, you can stretch the image or make it narrower).

As far whether to get the F-Sport vs. F logo ones, if it were me, I'd stick with F-Sport personally since you don't have a true F but it's your car

Yeah I Just ordered a set of the F Sport with Blue border like yours..Thanks for the pics
Old 08-02-22, 12:19 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Sweet! I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 08-03-22, 05:32 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Am I the only one slightly annoyed by how the F Sport logo is not accurate?
Old 08-04-22, 05:46 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arentz07
Am I the only one slightly annoyed by how the F Sport logo is not accurate?
Haha, yep just you lol
Old 08-06-22, 10:52 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

thx for the heads up, one of my plastic lens with white and red F sport projections now has a blue hue so I have ordered a set of these glass ones.
Old 08-07-22, 12:07 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

This threads gonna put Leon Carbon Fiber outta business. jk.
Old 08-15-22, 01:35 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Item is no longer available! I wonder what happened. Last I checked they had over 300 pieces available. Maybe Leon shut them down.
Old 08-15-22, 01:57 PM
LA20671
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Item is no longer available! I wonder what happened. Last I checked they had over 300 pieces available. Maybe Leon shut them down.
Sheesh I was planning to order mine soon.

Quick Reply: puddle lights on IS500?