IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

TPMS module

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-22 | 11:56 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Default TPMS module

Hi, my 2016 IS200t does not display the tire pressure of the tires individually on the multi-info display, it just shows up as a warning light whenever there is a low pressure in any of the tires, but does not display which one. I have seen other 3IS that displays all four tire pressure and is easy to recalibrate when doing rotation. Is there an original TPMS module that will help display the tire pressure and also make it easy to recalibrate when rotating tires? Thanks.
Old 08-14-22 | 09:08 AM
arentz07

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Hi, my 2016 IS200t does not display the tire pressure of the tires individually on the multi-info display, it just shows up as a warning light whenever there is a low pressure in any of the tires, but does not display which one. I have seen other 3IS that displays all four tire pressure and is easy to recalibrate when doing rotation. Is there an original TPMS module that will help display the tire pressure and also make it easy to recalibrate when rotating tires? Thanks.
Might be an obvious question, but... Have you tried resetting the TPMS? i.e., https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pls-help.html

I think the actual pressure readout is separate from the "low pressure" warning... I could be wrong though.

However, this thread seems to suggest that it might be the case: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...dicator-2.html

Hopefully something I posted helps.
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (08-14-22)
Old 08-14-22 | 11:58 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by arentz07
Might be an obvious question, but... Have you tried resetting the TPMS? i.e., https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pls-help.html

I think the actual pressure readout is separate from the "low pressure" warning... I could be wrong though.

However, this thread seems to suggest that it might be the case: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...dicator-2.html

Hopefully something I posted helps.
Yes, the actual pressure readout is separate from the low pressure warning. There is an aftermarket module that after install, will display all four tires' pressure on the multi display, but it's a hassle when it comes time to rotate the tires as it does not auto calibrate the position whenever the tires change position. So I was wondering whether installing that separate OEM module can display the tire pressure AND have the auto-calibrate function. To clarify, I have that aftermarket module, and installing it, will display the individual tires' pressure but no auto-calibrate when change position.

Last edited by zhifan1; 08-14-22 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-14-22 | 12:32 PM
Answer
Instructor

As far as I know, all American 3IS have the same TPMS system, which would be able to display the pressures in the dash. I might be mistaken though.

You have four "--" when you're looking at the pressures screen in the dash? If yes, do you have OEM or aftermarket TPMS sensors?
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (08-14-22)
Old 08-14-22 | 12:45 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Answer
As far as I know, all American 3IS have the same TPMS system, which would be able to display the pressures in the dash. I might be mistaken though.

You have four "--" when you're looking at the pressures screen in the dash? If yes, do you have OEM or aftermarket TPMS sensors?
This feature is not available in my market though. There are no dashes, just that there is no such display for this at all, what I do have is the warning sign on the speedometer whenever the pressure is low. Think of it as those models that do not have any certain feature, ther won't be any dashes, just Lexus omit the display entirely. However, after installing an aftermarket module right beside the TPMS module in the driver side C pillar, the display comes on on the multi info display and displays the individual pressure, just need to do a manual calibration to set the position of the tires. Then whenever the need to rotate, need to manually calibrate the position. Car basically comes OEM with all TPMS sensor, just that do not have that module which enables the display of the tire pressure on multi-info display. This is the aftermarket module, that enables the display, car must already have TPMS to use this.
So, to recap
1) All TPMS sensors are OEM from factory and are there and works fine if low pressure, there is a warning on the speedometer, just does not have the display enabled that shows the four tires' pressure
2) Lexus omits one specific module that is suppose to show up the tires' pressure and this OEM has auto-calibrate tires' position
3) Wanna know what that module part number is so that I do not have to always manually calibrate the position of the tires as the aftermarket module only enables the display, does not have auto-calibrate

Last edited by zhifan1; 08-14-22 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-14-22 | 02:07 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zhifan1
This feature is not available in my market though. There are no dashes, just that there is no such display for this at all, what I do have is the warning sign on the speedometer whenever the pressure is low. Think of it as those models that do not have any certain feature, ther won't be any dashes, just Lexus omit the display entirely. However, after installing an aftermarket module right beside the TPMS module in the driver side C pillar, the display comes on on the multi info display and displays the individual pressure, just need to do a manual calibration to set the position of the tires. Then whenever the need to rotate, need to manually calibrate the position. Car basically comes OEM with all TPMS sensor, just that do not have that module which enables the display of the tire pressure on multi-info display. This is the aftermarket module, that enables the display, car must already have TPMS to use this.
So, to recap
1) All TPMS sensors are OEM from factory and are there and works fine if low pressure, there is a warning on the speedometer, just does not have the display enabled that shows the four tires' pressure
2) Lexus omits one specific module that is suppose to show up the tires' pressure and this OEM has auto-calibrate tires' position
3) Wanna know what that module part number is so that I do not have to always manually calibrate the position of the tires as the aftermarket module only enables the display, does not have auto-calibrate
Have same thing in my market area no display for pressures just warning lamp. From my research the markets with displays have different sensors in wheels and 2 readers on car and different controller (as opposed to 1 reader for warning system) Do you have link for aftermarket module? the one above just shows aliexpress home page
Old 08-14-22 | 03:00 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Droth
Have same thing in my market area no display for pressures just warning lamp. From my research the markets with displays have different sensors in wheels and 2 readers on car and different controller (as opposed to 1 reader for warning system) Do you have link for aftermarket module? the one above just shows aliexpress home page
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPHF4zQ but note there is the need to manually calibrate the position of the tires… it’s easy but a hassle.