IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2023 IS350 update

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-23 | 04:38 AM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Ya, Lexus Tampa Bay has a bunch of is350 fSport RWD lined up & ready to hit d streets. 19" Wheels!! The Iridium in d middle w RED INTERIOR particularly caught my fancy. Ask for Yuni Diaz for a good deal - DM moi for his direct #. THINK you can negotiate down to LESS than $45k OTD.

Thanks! DM sent. Any advice on how I would negotiate that? I don't need/want any additional options, if that helps.
Old 05-03-23 | 08:02 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

What year did the is350 fsport rwd change to 19" wheels ? Plz excuse caps pc is messed up.
Old 05-03-23 | 08:36 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Originally Posted by kiel2003
I'm close to Orlando. Anyone with experience in the Orlando area market for pricing? I am thinking to wait until those October or November sales to see if i get saving on newer vs. older year models. Or even pick up a fairly used if a significant discount. I know the used car market right now is almost the same or even crazier with pricing than new.
Check with my guys at Pembroke Pines Lexus near Miami. High volume and large inventory dealership. They did well for me when I bought my new 2021 350 ES.
Old 05-03-23 | 03:42 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by LaZeR
What year did the is350 fsport rwd change to 19" wheels ?
The smoke chrome staggered 19s came with the 2021 refresh in USA.
The following users liked this post:
LaZeR (05-04-23)
Old 05-05-23 | 07:07 PM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

Did you have to negotiate to get under MSRP? If so, any tips you can share on how you were able to convince them to come down?
Old 05-05-23 | 07:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

I got $3k off MSRP last month in Los Angeles. Did research on here to see what others may have been getting. Then a lot of back and forth with the dealer. Be persistent and don't be afraid to walk out.

LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-05-23 | 07:29 PM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the response. Was there anything specific you asked to be discounted on, or were you just adamant with them on paying 3K less than MSRP?
Old 05-05-23 | 07:37 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Appreciate the response. Was there anything specific you asked to be discounted on, or were you just adamant with them on paying 3K less than MSRP?
Lots of research online at dealers websites, Lexus.com., and Club Lexus.
I found another dealer in the region which was advertising some of their new IS's at $2700 off MSRP on their website. I used that as a starting point. Plus for leasing, there was another $1k rebate ontop of your best deal. Also, their sister dealership was offering $750 above anything Carmax was offering for a trade. I used all these things and they didn't bat an eye to any of them. Made me think I may have left money on the table, but I got a rare color that no other dealer had and a month prior everything was selling at MSRP or above. So I think I did pretty good. It's probably even more aggressive for May, but higher interests rates may counter some of that.

LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-06-23 | 08:38 PM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

So I took my first stab at a local dealership today, albeit I was warned that it was one out of the 2 to stay away from in this area. Needless to say it didn't go well. They had a new Grecian Water available that was $46,805 MSRP but $47,955 after "delivery, processing, and handling fee". This was one of the closest I could find to the price I wanted without too many unnecessary options. When I sat down with sales the price ended up being $54,000, which means after taxes etc they add another 3K to the price! The sales manager openly states that this is just a decision by the owner, but it can be negotiated. I threw $46K out there as the final take home (knowing it was ridiculous), but they didn't even bother to counter. Looks like tomorrow I will be contacting other dealers. I am hoping I can work a deal out prior to driving a distance so I don't waste my time. Looks like inventory is pretty low this week in Central Florida area as well. Posting this so others can get a heads up from my experience.
LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-06-23 | 11:23 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

So I took my first stab at a local dealership today, albeit I was warned that it was one out of the 2 to stay away from in this area. Needless to say it didn't go well. They had a new Grecian Water available that was $46,805 MSRP but $47,955 after "delivery, processing, and handling fee". This was one of the closest I could find to the price I wanted without too many unnecessary options. When I sat down with sales the price ended up being $54,000, which means after taxes etc they add another 3K to the price! The sales manager openly states that this is just a decision by the owner, but it can be negotiated. I threw $46K out there as the final take home (knowing it was ridiculous), but they didn't even bother to counter. Looks like tomorrow I will be contacting other dealers. I am hoping I can work a deal out prior to driving a distance so I don't waste my time. Looks like inventory is pretty low this week in Central Florida area as well. Posting this so others can get a heads up from my experience.
That's unfortunate, but don't give up. One dealer may not be as hungry, while another may be. Don't be discouraged. And if it came down to it, you can always email all your local dealers with your price and car request. I've done that before and it worked out very well. Just this time around, I wanted to work with my local dealer and keep my business local.
LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-09-23 | 05:18 AM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say thank you for the info because it did help. After walking out of the dealership Saturday I dug deeper into the online prices from other dealerships in the FL area and was able to find a discounted price online that I would be okay with. Coincidentally a sister dealer had a Cloudburst gray with black interior on the website but to get the price you had to call in (I assumed it would be 51K like all the other ones). I called them first thing the next morning, to find out that it just came in and was around 48K MSRP. We went in to discuss and with their markup, OTD would have been 54K! I was able to use my research to negotiate to 50K OTD. I probably could have gotten it down a little more if we have the time and patience, but I felt satisfied plus I didn't have to inconveniently go out of town to come back with 2 cars. Also, it definitely helped that I got the exact color combination I originally wanted. Hopefully this post helps someone else.
The following 2 users liked this post by kiel2003:
arentz07 (05-09-23), LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-09-23 | 10:08 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Just wanted to say thank you for the info because it did help. After walking out of the dealership Saturday I dug deeper into the online prices from other dealerships in the FL area and was able to find a discounted price online that I would be okay with. Coincidentally a sister dealer had a Cloudburst gray with black interior on the website but to get the price you had to call in (I assumed it would be 51K like all the other ones). I called them first thing the next morning, to find out that it just came in and was around 48K MSRP. We went in to discuss and with their markup, OTD would have been 54K! I was able to use my research to negotiate to 50K OTD. I probably could have gotten it down a little more if we have the time and patience, but I felt satisfied plus I didn't have to inconveniently go out of town to come back with 2 cars. Also, it definitely helped that I got the exact color combination I originally wanted. Hopefully this post helps someone else.
Congrats! Sounds like you did great all the way around! Would love to see some photos when you get a chance...
LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-09-23 | 11:26 AM
kiel2003
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Got it tinted yesterday but haven't had time for any good pictures yet. Got it with 10 miles.

The following 2 users liked this post by kiel2003:
LA20671 (05-09-23), LaZeR (05-09-23)
Old 05-09-23 | 09:54 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Question

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I got $3k off MSRP last month in Los Angeles. Did research on here to see what others may have been getting. Then a lot of back and forth with the dealer. Be persistent and don't be afraid to walk out.
@Fizzboy7 what dealerships did you go to & the final one? thanks
Old 05-09-23 | 10:16 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by arentz07
Did you mean Atomic Silver? I would say Iridium is a clear silver even on a cloudy day.
Agree... Iridium is a weird kinda-lighter-than Silver... lol

Quick Reply: 2023 IS350 update