IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2023 IS350 update

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-22, 03:36 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

I believe just the parts are around $600 for all the trim. then there's labor if you don't do it yourself
Old 10-21-22, 03:50 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by garretti
I wonder how expensive and difficult it would be to swap the dark chrome trim onto a 22
Originally Posted by cp2
I believe just the parts are around $600 for all the trim. then there's labor if you don't do it yourself
The chrome trim is around $700-$800 and by logic you'd expect the black trim to be priced equally, but one member @LexoticJ who did the swap claims that they jacked up the price recently and I believe he said it was around $3k for parts alone. Kinda like how Ford made the GT350R Carbon Fiber wing $10000 to dissuade people from buying it and making a fake GT350R
The following users liked this post:
LexoticJ (10-21-22)
Old 10-21-22, 03:54 PM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

^ Yikes! At that point it's cheaper to get a traditional chrome delete and simply get your chrome parts wrapped in gloss black.
Old 10-21-22, 04:07 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Racer00J
^ Yikes! At that point it's cheaper to get a traditional chrome delete and simply get your chrome parts wrapped in gloss black.
Yup. I got quoted $300 for a gloss black 3M chrome delete with an expected lifetime of 3 years. Assuming the $3000 price tag is accurate. I'd have to have the car 30 years and replace the vinyl every 3 years before the trim replacement would begin to make sense.
Old 10-21-22, 04:57 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
The chrome trim is around $700-$800 and by logic you'd expect the black trim to be priced equally, but one member @LexoticJ who did the swap claims that they jacked up the price recently and I believe he said it was around $3k for parts alone. Kinda like how Ford made the GT350R Carbon Fiber wing $10000 to dissuade people from buying it and making a fake GT350R

thanks for the tag. Yes they definitely did mark it up to about 3800 for everything. I was able to get my vehicle and my mothers done at the old price. Did all the work myself and it wasn’t hard at all just time consuming and definitely take your time
Old 10-21-22, 05:04 PM
ISDEDE
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say this Ultra White 2023 appears to have the dark chrome trim , compared to the 2023 in USB , which obviously doesn't . The Ultra white was built 1000 units after the USB...according to vin numbers.

Old 10-21-22, 11:43 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Had some time to kill at my dealer while getting my 2020 serviced. While I was waiting, a 2023 USB showed up from a dealer trade. Took some shots, since I had been researching USB vs. Grecian. The last Grecian they had was a while back, but the saleslady took a pic and sent one to me later in the day. I'll throw that in here too. Now that I have had a chance to study USB up close, I have to say it's back on top of my choices. The depth and color range when the sun hits is ridiculous. Grecian is nice, but doesn't have much depth and comes across a little dull. Not a bad color, just USB does so much more.

Note the 2023 USB shown here does not have the black window trim, nor did it say anything on the sticker about it being or not being there. I also noticed it and one other had Bridestone Potenzas on it. When did Lexus stop using the Bridgestone Terranzas, that had been in use since the 2IS? How are these new Potenzas in comparison? Lastly, check out the added mark up on the bs accessories. The dealer it came from (Oxnard) was asking that, but the sales lady here said they were only going to go for sticker. Whatever that entails. She also said special orders take 12-18 months, so that kinda made me discount her knowledge. She also said she just got a memo from Lexus stating all future deliveries will be coming with ONE key fob only, due to the chip shortage. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Then just before I was leaving, the special edition Incognito showed up for an eager customer. I tried taking some pics, but he was filming his new car and I didn't want to rain on his parade. To me, it's a gaudy look, not for me. But the young guy was happy, so I has happy he was happy.

Overall, the dealer only had nine new cars available. The rest of the lot was totally filled with used cars. My loaner was a brand new ES hybrid. It lacked complete luxury inside and I felt the ride was a bit brittle, but the mileage was impressive. I was getting 40 without even trying. Was still grateful to have a loaner at all.

Anyway, enjoy the pics...

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 10-22-22 at 11:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fizzboy7:
macmaster (10-22-22), Racer00J (10-22-22)
Old 10-22-22, 04:46 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ISDEDE
I would say this Ultra White 2023 appears to have the dark chrome trim , compared to the 2023 in USB , which obviously doesn't . The Ultra white was built 1000 units after the USB...according to vin numbers.

wow so much better with the dark chrome. So it seems like it’s hit or miss if you get the dark chrome based on if factory had it at time it was built.
Old 10-22-22, 06:07 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Had some time to kill at my dealer while getting my 2020 serviced. While I was waiting, a 2023 USB showed up from a dealer trade. Took some shots, since I had been researching USB vs. Grecian. The last Grecian they had was a while back, but the saleslady took a pic and sent one to me later in the day. I'll throw that in here too. Now that I have had a chance to study USB up close, I have to say it's back on top of my choices. The depth and color range when the sun hits is ridiculous. Grecian is nice, but doesn't have much depth and comes across a little dull. Not a bad color, just USB does so much more.

Note the 2023 USB shown here does not have the black window trim, nor did it say anything on the sticker about it being or not being there. I also noticed it and one other had Bridestone Potenzas on it. When did Lexus stop using the Bridgestone Terranzas, that had been in use since the 2IS? How are these new Potenzas in comparison? Lastly, check out the added mark up on the bs accessories. The dealer it came from (Oxnard) was asking that, but the sales lady here said they were only going to go for sticker. Whatever that entails. She also said special orders take 12-18 months, so that kinda made me discount her knowledge. She also said she just got a memo from Lexus stating all future deliveries will be coming with ONE key fob only, due to the chip shortage. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Then just before I was leaving, the special edition Incognito showed up for an eager customer. I tried taking some pics, but he was filming his new car and I didn't want to rain on his parade. To me, it's a gaudy look, not for me. But the young guy was happy, so I has happy he was happy.

Overall, the dealer only had nine new cars available. The rest of the lot was totally filled with used cars. My loaner was a brand new ES hybrid. It lacked complete luxury inside and I felt the ride was a bit brittle, but the mileage was impressive. I was getting 40 without even trying. Was still grateful to have a loaner at all.

Anyway, enjoy the pics..
Nice write up. The Turanzas are more of a eco tire so I think it’s good they upped to Potenza. The Special appearance package is a little odd and reminds me of the Camry XSE which just tries too hard to look cool.
Old 10-22-22, 11:26 AM
Tennis19
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks @Fizzboy7 for the pics. my car should be here any minute now... im debating if i should wrap my special appearance with xpel stealth....
Old 10-22-22, 01:04 PM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
wow so much better with the dark chrome. So it seems like it’s hit or miss if you get the dark chrome based on if factory had it at time it was built.
I could be wrong but I don't think there really is a difference. I think those cars have the same chrome trim. The lighting is probably playing tricks on us. Look at the wheels. The wheels on the white car appear to be darker as well... but it's primarily because of the contrast against the brighter paint color.
Old 10-22-22, 02:06 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Racer00J
I could be wrong but I don't think there really is a difference. I think those cars have the same chrome trim. The lighting is probably playing tricks on us. Look at the wheels. The wheelson the white car appear to be darker as well... but it's primarily because of the contrast against the brighter paint color.
Great eye! Also the chrome on the side mirror.
Old 10-24-22, 05:19 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
It does not have the chrome trim as others have stated. If you look at the side profile pictures of the white car (none of which you posted) you can see it is chrome trim. I'll admit, I initially clicked on thar vehicle when it was listed on Autotrader because it did look like black trim in the pictures that you also posted here. The mystery has yet to be solved.
Old 10-24-22, 12:43 PM
ISDEDE
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
It does not have the chrome trim as others have stated. If you look at the side profile pictures of the white car (none of which you posted) you can see it is chrome trim. I'll admit, I initially clicked on thar vehicle when it was listed on Autotrader because it did look like black trim in the pictures that you also posted here. The mystery has yet to be solved.
I posted no side profile pictures , because there were none on the dealers website .... and there still aren't any https://www.desertlexus.com/inventor...z1b28p5059270/

Nor are there any on autotrader https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

If there had been and shot to disprove what I initially saw , I would have never posted it
Old 10-24-22, 02:20 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

I posted no side profile pictures , because there were none on the dealers website .... and there still aren't any https://www.desertlexus.com/inventor...z1b28p5059270/

Nor are there any on autotrader https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

If there had been and shot to disprove what I initially saw , I would have never posted it
You think this is blackened chrome? Breh....

The following users liked this post:
ISDEDE (10-24-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS350 update