IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2023 IS350 update

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-22, 06:33 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,842 Likes on 1,942 Posts

I am surprised they're putting a markup on it. I shouldn't be, but due to the issues you have mentioned, I still am.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 06:39 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

What? Unless the link you posted is incorrect, I have no idea what you're talking about. That looks exactly like any normal F-Sport from the last 2 years.

I tried to get a car from that dealership last April. There was no way I was paying over MSRP. Nice to see they're still charging too much.
TipsyTonio (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 06:43 AM
garretti
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Possibly the first pictures of the IS350 F-Sport *Design* variant: 2023 Lexus IS 350 F Sport Design RWD - $50,490 - CarGurus
I must say, it looks just as gross as I expected it to. That interior on a $45,000 car ($50,000 with the markup it has on it) should be a crime and Akio should be ashamed. One thing I also noticed was that the badges of the F-Sport design appear to be a dark gunmetal gray which may be cool for those who want to do a chrome delete on a regular and proper 350 F Sport, but they bare wayyyyy too much resemblance to the IS500 badges at a distance, especially considering just how different they are.

That is GROSS. What was Lexus thinking? Who wants the 300 interior on the 350 f sport?! Also, that’s more than I paid for mine…
The following 2 users liked this post by garretti:
arentz07 (11-01-22), TipsyTonio (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 06:47 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
What? Unless the link you posted is incorrect, I have no idea what you're talking about. That looks exactly like any normal F-Sport from the last 2 years.

I tried to get a car from that dealership last April. There was no way I was paying over MSRP. Nice to see they're still charging too much.
The emphasis is on the interior. As another user mentioned, it has the looks of the 350 on the outside, with the interior of the 300. And even then, on the outside it has the same wheel design as the regular F-Sport, except the wheels aren't staggered. And I must say, once you go staggered you never go back.
jtrue28 (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 06:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

That's my bad. I was under the assumption that they renamed the F-Sport to "F-Sport Design". Looking at the Lexus.com website, you definitely can build different versions. Yeah, the F-Sport "Design" is not good.
Old 11-01-22, 07:44 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,048 Posts

The only redeeming quality about the FSD is that you can get the Glazed Caramel Nuluxe interior, which IMO is the classiest Lexus-like interior, although I wish they offered a light gray instead. But that tachometer and 6" infotainment display is garbage and doesn't belong on a $50k car. Its the same one we have in our $25,000 CT200h from 7 years ago.
Old 11-01-22, 08:32 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,842 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Originally Posted by garretti
That is GROSS. What was Lexus thinking? Who wants the 300 interior on the 350 f sport?! Also, that’s more than I paid for mine…
Same... I paid MSRP on mine, and it has an ACTUAL F Sport interior and Mark Levinson. Still less than this one.
Old 11-01-22, 08:53 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
The only redeeming quality about the FSD is that you can get the Glazed Caramel Nuluxe interior, which IMO is the classiest Lexus-like interior, although I wish they offered a light gray instead. But that tachometer and 6" infotainment display is garbage and doesn't belong on a $50k car. Its the same one we have in our $25,000 CT200h from 7 years ago.
That's how I feel about it too. I have this interior on my IS300 now and really love it. But ordering this new package as black on black was a huge miss on their part. It really defeats the point. Why would anyone buy this FSD over an F Sport? Especially with that asinine asking price.
Old 11-01-22, 10:11 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

This was Lexus's way of creatively raising prices. Except instead of raising prices flat-out, they decontented the model and lowered the price slightly. They still come out ahead with that original goal. However, the market is so screwed up, it's still comes out way too expensive (dealer mark-up). Customer loses, Lexus and the dealers win. Happening all over.
Old 11-01-22, 11:21 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Possibly the first pictures of the IS350 F-Sport *Design* variant: 2023 Lexus IS 350 F Sport Design RWD - $50,490 - CarGurus
I must say, it looks just as gross as I expected it to. That interior on a $45,000 car ($50,000 with the markup it has on it) should be a crime and Akio should be ashamed. One thing I also noticed was that the badges of the F-Sport design appear to be a dark gunmetal gray which may be cool for those who want to do a chrome delete on a regular and proper 350 F Sport, but they bare wayyyyy too much resemblance to the IS500 badges at a distance, especially considering just how different they are.
I'm not too bothered by the 300 interior. And the fact that you can get the carmel color is a big bonus. However, the smaller rear tires look terrible. While it may be nice to finally be able to rotate the tires, it's a look that mimics what a teenager does when he buys second-hand replacement tires on a tired car.
Old 11-03-22, 05:36 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Had some time to kill at my dealer while getting my 2020 serviced. While I was waiting, a 2023 USB showed up from a dealer trade. Took some shots, since I had been researching USB vs. Grecian. The last Grecian they had was a while back, but the saleslady took a pic and sent one to me later in the day. I'll throw that in here too. Now that I have had a chance to study USB up close, I have to say it's back on top of my choices. The depth and color range when the sun hits is ridiculous. Grecian is nice, but doesn't have much depth and comes across a little dull. Not a bad color, just USB does so much more.

Note the 2023 USB shown here does not have the black window trim, nor did it say anything on the sticker about it being or not being there. I also noticed it and one other had Bridestone Potenzas on it. When did Lexus stop using the Bridgestone Terranzas, that had been in use since the 2IS? How are these new Potenzas in comparison? Lastly, check out the added mark up on the bs accessories. The dealer it came from (Oxnard) was asking that, but the sales lady here said they were only going to go for sticker. Whatever that entails. She also said special orders take 12-18 months, so that kinda made me discount her knowledge. She also said she just got a memo from Lexus stating all future deliveries will be coming with ONE key fob only, due to the chip shortage. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Then just before I was leaving, the special edition Incognito showed up for an eager customer. I tried taking some pics, but he was filming his new car and I didn't want to rain on his parade. To me, it's a gaudy look, not for me. But the young guy was happy, so I has happy he was happy.

Overall, the dealer only had nine new cars available. The rest of the lot was totally filled with used cars. My loaner was a brand new ES hybrid. It lacked complete luxury inside and I felt the ride was a bit brittle, but the mileage was impressive. I was getting 40 without even trying. Was still grateful to have a loaner at all.

Anyway, enjoy the pics...

I consider those kind of mark-up and add-on tactics nothing less than price gouging during a time of national economic crisis. To exploit buyers during the economic predicament in which we all find ourselves, is downright wrongful.
When the natural function of our economic system restores balance to the auto market place, customers will remember (with their future purchases) which dealers tried to be "right" with their customers and which ones took advantage of them.
Old 11-03-22, 10:45 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Interest rates keep going up. Sooner or later people will run out of money they saved during the lockdowns. It'll work itself out, but as we have always seen, this now sets the bar. Prices won't go below this now. (ie inflation)
Old 11-03-22, 12:31 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Interest rates keep going up. Sooner or later people will run out of money they saved during the lockdowns. It'll work itself out, but as we have always seen, this now sets the bar. Prices won't go below this now. (ie inflation)
Just wait until the coming recession slams us. The dealers will again have significant inventories of unsold units and return to deep discounts. The manufacturers will be back to rebates like I got, along with my deep discount, in early 2021. It’s essentially a repeating cycle all through the years. Buyers should sit tight and keep their powder dry. Adam Smith lives!
Old 11-03-22, 03:12 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Any upcoming recession might help, but many have been saying there is about to be a recession for about a dozen years and it's not come.
What should be our biggest concern is manufacturers purposely keeping inventory low, as the new way of doing business. They have loved these higher profits and lack of incentives. Why would they go back to the old way? They can control inventory levels and keep selling things at msrp or above. I totally believe at this point there is no longer a chip shortage, but car companies will use that as an excuse. But getting a bit off topic here.
Old 11-03-22, 04:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Anyone else getting weird annoying ad banners in teh most random places on ClubLexus now?
LexoticJ (01-03-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS350 update