IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Mevotech Hub Assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-22, 11:10 PM
Baja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mevotech Hub Assembly?

Hey guys, so a couple of weeks ago, I decided to slip and slide in the rain (of course not on purpose) and slid right into a curb, slashed my tire, decapitated my wheel, bent my inner tie rod, gut open my ball joint and busted my hub assembly. At least that's what I can see from my garage perspective, need another set of qualified eyes to go over it when I can but I need to get it back on the road first.

I fixed the tie rods and ball joint, and as I was loosening up the hub assembly to replace the dust shield, I noticed the hub is spinning like it had one too many drinks to have. Now I am trying to figure out which option to go with. Ideally, I would replace it with OEM parts but the Lexus hub assembly is $244, while I found a MevoTech hub assembly for $68 on RockAuto. I already replaced the aforementioned parts with MevoTech because I figured it was a relatively safe bet to save some money on those parts, as I read MevoTech make very good aftermarket parts.

But I am a little skeptical on their hub assembly because of the price point. $68 is almost too good to be true when their competitors are pricing comparable hub assemblies for ~$100+.

What's your guys' opinion/experience with MevoTech? Should I pull the trigger for $68 or should I go with another brand? Or just suck it up and spend the gold on OEM quality? My wallet is a little light right now, so what would you do in my position?

Thanks all.