IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS 200t tuning ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-22, 02:34 AM
Pr0totyp3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 200t tuning ideas

Hello everyone! My name is Jan and I'm from Poland. I came here to ask you for advice I couldn't receive on polish groups. I have my IS 200t atomic silver on 17" rims. I'm attaching a photo of my car.
Now I'd like it to look more aggressive and sporty. I know the prices are different, but I have like 4k$ to spend. My first thought was to change the colour to a black mat, maybe change rims and add some bumper add-ons (not sure if this is the right word, but I mean something like Maxton design). Please help me with some ideas. If you could also

paste a direct link where I can buy the right part with the price. Also, feel free to send some photos of your car!

Thanks!
Best,
Jan

Old 12-26-22, 02:09 AM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

You can get a axle back exhaust for a more "sporty" look and sound as well.
For exterior you can get any generic brand lip kit for the aggressive look, add a roof spoiler and a spoiler. If you are going to change the color of the car, I would recommend a Satin finish instead of a matte with a nice dark color instead of Black. Most Satin colors will give the car a nice sporty and aggressive look. You can do the hood an roof in black and also wrap certain accents for a better look.

You should be able to stay within budget for everything but the axle back exhaust, I believe you can eBay the exterior parts for cheap or even Amazon as well.
Old 12-26-22, 05:33 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

I have the same IS body type (non F sport) so there aren't a lot of options that will look good for that bumper. They have 3 piece lips (which I think look cheap) or the Nia splitter which also looks weird on the car. If I were you, I'd try to find some F sport wheels or luxury wheels, throw some spacers on it and drop it with some Ark / RSR springs, maybe add an exhaust. You could also wrap the car above. I love the Nardo grey / gloss color which I think looks excellent on this car, you could get some color shifting wraps with the Nardo grey as well.

You could also swap out the rear diffuser for the 2017+ F sport and throw some quad tips. You can take a look at my build, I tried to put 2018+ front lip on my car but it ended up cracking. Another option is doing a full F sport conversion to the front bumper which I think would look great and fit your budget too
Old 12-29-22, 05:42 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

i'd not wrap the car at all, but if you're going to then gloss to just change the color would be okay. i dunno, though...atomic silver is one of lexus' best colors.

satin as @ex00 mentioned looks better than matte, but eh.

wheels would definitely help as you have the 17" basic wheels (maybe the 18" f-sport wheels if you want to just convert the car stock?) and yeah, as @swaangin said, convert the front bumper to the f-sport one and the rear diffuser to the '17-'20 model years'. also, add the oem spoiler - the euro one available there looks better than the one that came standard in north america in my opinion.