IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

First damage - tree branch fell on the quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-23, 04:37 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,969 Likes on 1,054 Posts

I really would've just done the PDR and left the paint the way it is. Your damage was smaller than the size of a nickel. Even if the paint looks perfect, it still won't match technically. Spraying a panel and a bumper for that small knick of clearcoat that came off...is completely insane to me.
Old 05-05-23, 05:25 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
I really would've just done the PDR and left the paint the way it is. Your damage was smaller than the size of a nickel. Even if the paint looks perfect, it still won't match technically. Spraying a panel and a bumper for that small knick of clearcoat that came off...is completely insane to me.
There were also more small scratches toward the rear that were discovered after the fact.

But I agree, disassembling my entire rear door and bumper seems like too much.
Old 05-05-23, 05:25 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,091 Likes on 1,898 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
So as for the updated ETA, it's now next Friday. One more week.
Awe. 😞💪🏽
Old 05-10-23, 02:00 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE Door Damage

Hi so sorry to hear about your door it looks horrible as other members have said go to a body shop and get it repaired properly.I have launch number 37, I have never shared with the forum last year I was at my local shopping centre had my door open to get out a car comes speeding in and hits my door by the driver's side I was blamed by my insurance and my door had to be replaced, at the time there was only one door part available in Canada and I Got It. Anyway's get It fixed best of luck to you.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (05-10-23)
Old 05-10-23, 09:19 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Mydogboo12
Hi so sorry to hear about your door it looks horrible as other members have said go to a body shop and get it repaired properly.I have launch number 37, I have never shared with the forum last year I was at my local shopping centre had my door open to get out a car comes speeding in and hits my door by the driver's side I was blamed by my insurance and my door had to be replaced, at the time there was only one door part available in Canada and I Got It. Anyway's get It fixed best of luck to you.
Yep. Car is in the shop, still waiting to hear from them when it is ready to go. They said "end of this week", but who knows? They've been telling me it'll be the end of the week for a while, but something always comes up that causes them to do more work.
DLPTony (05-10-23)
Old 05-10-23, 10:19 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mydogboo12
I have never shared with the forum last year I was at my local shopping centre had my door open to get out a car comes speeding in and hits my door by the driver's side I was blamed by my insurance and my door had to be replaced, at the time there was only one door part available in Canada and I Got It. Anyway's get It fixed best of luck to you.
Egads!!! 🫣🫢

I’m sorry this happened, I can only imagine the heart-sink. Glad you’re all fixed up!
Old 05-10-23, 10:37 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Glad you’re all fixed up!
Are we talking vasectomies here?!?! (lol)

Arentz - I hope you will get your baby back this Friday, in time for the weekend pleasure! I haven't been able to drive mine lately given all the work I am doing in the yard and in the garage and such but I am hoping to be all done by Friday so I can enjoy mine too. At least it kept my mileage low so I can then have a bit more freedom now (lol)

The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
arentz07 (05-10-23), DLPTony (05-10-23)
Old 05-10-23, 12:46 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Uh, no. LOL!

But at 51, there are no little Blu’s running around as it is and will never be.
wthrman2 (05-11-23)
Old 05-10-23, 12:50 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by wthrman2

Arentz - I hope you will get your baby back this Friday, in time for the weekend pleasure! I haven't been able to drive mine lately given all the work I am doing in the yard and in the garage and such but I am hoping to be all done by Friday so I can enjoy mine too. At least it kept my mileage low so I can then have a bit more freedom now (lol)
Haha the mileage is interesting. I'm at about three months now and only 1964 miles - mostly because I have not driven it in three full weeks. So I do plan to, let's say, play catch-up a little.
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (05-10-23), wthrman2 (05-11-23)
Old 05-10-23, 02:15 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Haha the mileage is interesting. I'm at about three months now and only 1964 miles - mostly because I have not driven it in three full weeks. So I do plan to, let's say, play catch-up a little.
YES!! Shady sent a message and asked what I was doing early on Saturday morning. If he wants to do a mountain run, I might go. If he needs someone to help him move, I’m busy. 😜😈 I’ll let you know…
arentz07 (05-10-23)
Old 05-10-23, 02:16 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
YES!! Shady sent a message and asked what I was doing early on Saturday morning. If he wants to do a mountain run, I might go. If he needs someone to help him move, I’m busy. 😜😈 I’ll let you know…
This feels like Tony’s text messages got leaked lmao
Old 05-10-23, 03:40 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
This feels like Tony’s text messages got leaked lmao
LOL!! It kinda does… Bless it. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edit: I’m not calling the dude ‘shady’, that’s his nickname.

Last edited by DLPTony; 05-10-23 at 03:43 PM.
arentz07 (05-10-23)
Old 05-12-23, 08:26 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

I went to the shop today and demanded an update in person. It's now been 3 weeks and 2 days since I dropped it off.

First of all, the service advisor apologized for the miscommunication. He acknowledged that he should have kept us in the loop better and been a little less... optimistic with his ETAs.

Secondly, we saw the car. Paint is totally done, and it looks pretty much perfect. The rear bumper was still off the car, as well as the left brake light, light strip, spoiler, rear window trim, and door handles. Everything looked great. So now, all they need to do is reassemble the car and do a final detail.

He said for sure it'll be ready next week, probably Wednesday.
The following 3 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (05-12-23), MYIS500 (05-12-23), TipsyTonio (05-12-23)
Old 05-12-23, 08:30 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

I went to the shop today and demanded an update in person. It's now been 3 weeks and 2 days since I dropped it off.

First of all, the service advisor apologized for the miscommunication. He acknowledged that he should have kept us in the loop better and been a little less... optimistic with his ETAs.

Secondly, we saw the car. Paint is totally done, and it looks pretty much perfect. The rear bumper was still off the car, as well as the left brake light, light strip, spoiler, rear window trim, and door handles. Everything looked great. So now, all they need to do is reassemble the car and do a final detail.

He said for sure it'll be ready next week, probably Wednesday.
Glad to hear the color looks good but who’s running this shop? A turtle?
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (05-12-23), DLPTony (05-12-23), wthrman2 (05-13-23)
Old 05-12-23, 08:32 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Glad to hear the color looks good but who’s running this shop? A turtle?
I think they are really behind for some reason, or really busy. There was a long line of cars waiting to be reassembled - mine was about the 5th car from the front. I wish they would have been forthcoming with the fact that they were busy.

Quick Reply: First damage - tree branch fell on the quarter panel