IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Springs install

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-23, 12:29 PM
Murmi
Driver

Received 124 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Springs install

Hello, wondering if anyone has a shop they can recommend in delaware county pa? I just moved out here and dont want to experiment with a shop. I want someone thats a professional that will torque all the bolts back to spec and do it right the first time. Thank you in advance

IM WILLING TO TRAVEL UP TO AN HOUR.
Old 04-10-23, 01:01 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Good luck in your search. For what it's worth, an acquaintance trusted KIA mechanics to swap the springs on her 500 and her wheels haven't fallen off... yet...
Old 04-10-23, 01:07 PM
Murmi
Driver

Originally Posted by tipsytonio
good luck in your search. For what it's worth, an acquaintance trusted kia mechanics to swap the springs on her 500 and her wheels haven't fallen off... Yet...
i work at a dealer and wouldnt let any of the techs back here touch my car. I might just try to get a quote from a lexus dealer near me.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (04-10-23)
Old 04-10-23, 01:09 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Murmi
i work at a dealer and wouldnt let any of the techs back here touch my car. I might just try to get a quote from a lexus dealer near me.
I don't blame you. I don't even trust Lexus techs to touch my car after they managed to somehow overfill my 350 with the 2GR, you know, the #1 engine that they've been working for the last 2 decades. I guess that was on me for assuming Lexus techs knew how to work on my Lexus.
Old 04-10-23, 01:12 PM
Murmi
Driver

i don't blame you. I don't even trust lexus techs to touch my car after they managed to somehow overfill my 350 with the 2gr, you know, the #1 engine that they've been working for the last 2 decades. I guess that was on me for assuming lexus techs knew how to work on my lexus.
its really hard to get good techs. Most of them are lube techs at best. I wouldnt care of the brand if you find a good tech i would trust the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (04-10-23)
Old 04-10-23, 01:15 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

its really hard to get good techs. Most of them are lube techs at best. I wouldnt care of the brand if you find a good tech i would trust the dealer.
Couldn't agree more. I've been taking my car to my local Toyota dealer that I've been doing to for a decade and I have a specific master technician work on the car. And best of all since it's a Toyota dealer, it gets reported to TIS which means I see the services on my Lexus app and my Lexus dealer is able to pull up the service history in the event of a warranty claim.
Old 04-10-23, 01:34 PM
Murmi
Driver

couldn't agree more. I've been taking my car to my local toyota dealer that i've been doing to for a decade and i have a specific master technician work on the car. And best of all since it's a toyota dealer, it gets reported to tis which means i see the services on my lexus app and my lexus dealer is able to pull up the service history in the event of a warranty claim.
we have a toyota store next door was wonderinig if i could get my 1000 mile oil change done there. Thanks for answering my question. Didnt want any nonsense with oil changes.
Old 04-10-23, 04:18 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

we have a toyota store next door was wonderinig if i could get my 1000 mile oil change done there. Thanks for answering my question. Didnt want any nonsense with oil changes.
Check with them first. My Lexus dealer told me that they see the records of most Toyota dealers but not all. And just know that Toyota dealers can't do the free maintenance or warranty work that is offered by Lexus. I mean, they can, but it won't be free. And not to discourage you or anything but the 2UR is not on any Toyota model, whereas the 2GR is basically in all of them, so just bear that in mind. Be upfront with your advisor and tell them you ONLY want the master tech working on it, ideally even the shop foreman.