IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

What have you done to your IS500 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-23, 02:33 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 484 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by FLXYLXY
does this brace still utilize the adaptive control ?
The rubber plugs on the front of the brace mount is where the avs plug goes. Nice touch to keep it looking oem
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (10-24-23)
Old 10-24-23, 02:34 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by Moonman89
I hand washed & dry the car & decided to go to this spot near the Canadian Border.

What's your wash/detail process? Any preferred brands?
The following 4 users liked this post by SlowlaneAZ:
Bechtold (10-24-23), DLPTony (10-24-23), geckornr (10-28-23), HydrantHunter (10-25-23)
Old 10-25-23, 01:23 PM
TurkishRambo
Driver

Received 113 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Those look really nice!

Can you upload some daytime photos
here is a daytime camera photo! Weather has been garbage, I hope to do a photoshoot before winter is truely here

The following 11 users liked this post by TurkishRambo:
08sgmis350 (10-25-23), 604GSE21 (10-25-23), Bechtold (10-25-23), Benibiker1558 (10-25-23), CplClegg (11-03-23), DLPTony (10-25-23), Fleuger99 (10-25-23), geckornr (10-28-23), HighRevs (10-25-23), HydrantHunter (10-25-23), TGPCanada (10-26-23) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-25-23, 03:02 PM
FLXYLXY
Pit Crew

Received 119 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Washed

250 miles now
The following 9 users liked this post by FLXYLXY:
08sgmis350 (10-25-23), 604GSE21 (10-26-23), arentz07 (10-26-23), Bechtold (10-25-23), Benibiker1558 (10-25-23), DLPTony (10-27-23), HighRevs (10-25-23), HydrantHunter (10-25-23), TGPCanada (10-26-23) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-26-23, 06:50 PM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

RPlate installed. Turns out there appears to be no plumbing for the illuminated door sills (unless I'm missing something) - in fact, it looks like the sill isn't even designed to accept an illuminated scuff plate. My local dealer says the part number they've given me is legit, but a connection at another dealer says it's not for the IS 500 and that it's not even an option. Without more clarity, I'm now looking into aftermarket options - anyone have info, suggestions, ideas, links, etc.?

Does this picture make my car's *** look big?
Oloung1 (07-23-24)
Old 10-26-23, 06:54 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by HydrantHunter
RPlate installed. Turns out there appears to be no plumbing for the illuminated door sills (unless I'm missing something) - in fact, it looks like the sill isn't even designed to accept an illuminated scuff plate. My local dealer says the part number they've given me is legit, but a connection at another dealer says it's not for the IS 500 and that it's not even an option. Without more clarity, I'm now looking into aftermarket options - anyone have info, suggestions, ideas, links, etc.?

Does this picture make my car's *** look big?
What is the benefit of the electronic plates?
Old 10-26-23, 07:13 PM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
The only significant benefit, imo, is the ability to have it say "STOLEN" should that ever happen. But you can also renew your registration through the app. I think that's actually more convenient than AAA - iirc, you have to go into one of their branches to do that. Beyond that I think the only benefits are aesthetic.
Old 10-27-23, 02:36 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

Turns out there appears to be no plumbing for the illuminated door sills (unless I'm missing something) - in fact, it looks like the sill isn't even designed to accept an illuminated scuff plate. My local dealer says the part number they've given me is legit, but a connection at another dealer says it's not for the IS 500 and that it's not even an option. Without more clarity, I'm now looking into aftermarket options - anyone have info, suggestions, ideas, links, etc.?
I thought someone posted the part number on another thread. Or was that on the FB page? The illuminated door sills (and the trunk appliqué) were the only dealer installed options I purchased on mine. If I’m understanding what you’re looking to do, I’ll look through my documentation to see if it’s listed.

The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
HighRevs (10-27-23), HydrantHunter (10-27-23)
Old 10-27-23, 08:00 AM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I thought someone posted the part number on another thread. Or was that on the FB page? The illuminated door sills (and the trunk appliqué) were the only dealer installed options I purchased on mine. If I’m understanding what you’re looking to do, I’ll look through my documentation to see if it’s listed.

Wow - thank you for the pic - although now I'm even more confused. I wonder if this is a 2022 vs. 2023 thing or if the plumbing is somehow less bulky than I imagined. With the small openings in my stock scuff plates, I'm wondering if I can grab another set and do some cutting and modification with flat LEDs and get this to look close to OEM. My understanding is that the light isn't in the OEM scuff plate, but actually routed via fiber. Here are pics of my door sill with the scuff plate removed and the back of the scuff plate itself. You can probably see why I'm stumped as to how the OEM lit scuff plates are implemented...

Door sill with scuff plate sitting next to it.

Back of scuff plate
Oloung1 (07-23-24)
Old 10-27-23, 08:48 AM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Received 398 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
One more way big brother can keep tabs on you.
Old 10-27-23, 09:07 AM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Benibiker1558
One more way big brother can keep tabs on you.
Nonsense. First, the battery model (which is what I have) has no GPS - even though GPS wouldn't matter since even the battery model can be tracked by the mobile towers it connects to. Second, there are hundreds of millions of people in the US alone - why would anyone in the US government (or some supposed shadow government) give a flying ef about me or any other random individual person? I'm a single data point in hundreds of millions (billions if you count the entire planet's population). The idea that anyone is tracking individual private persons like you or me is preposterous. Having worked in IT for decades and having been a DB server admin. I can tell you without the slightest bit of doubt that the amount of data collected on any individual is overwhelmingly enormous without needing to add GPS tracking from a digital license plate. If you have a mobile phone and/or surf the web then 'big brother', private ad companies, the phone manufacturer, etc. all have *way* more detailed data on you than they'd get from a GPS enabled license plate - especially since that mobile phone can provide nearly every bit of data the plate would provide.

Unless you're doing something to get "big brother's" attention, the only real worry is being tagged as a suspect for something that happened near some location you were at, at the same time as the crime. And, again, your phone is going to be the most likely source of location data - even with GPS turned off - the thing still has to connect to nearby towers and triangulation or trilateration isn't that difficult with the data available. Beyond that, all that data is only ever 'viewed' by software on computers.

Last edited by HydrantHunter; 10-27-23 at 09:08 AM. Reason: small clarification
The following 2 users liked this post by HydrantHunter:
HighRevs (10-27-23), Oloung1 (07-23-24)
Old 10-27-23, 09:11 AM
FLXYLXY
Pit Crew

Received 119 Likes on 36 Posts

Nonsense. First, the battery model (which is what I have) has no GPS - even though GPS wouldn't matter since even the battery model can be tracked by the mobile towers it connects to. Second, there are hundreds of millions of people in the US alone - why would anyone in the US government (or some supposed shadow government) give a flying ef about me or any other random individual person? I'm a single data point in hundreds of millions (billions if you count the entire planet's population). The idea that anyone is tracking individual private persons like you or me is preposterous. Having worked in IT for decades and having been a DB server admin. I can tell you without the slightest bit of doubt that the amount of data collected on any individual is overwhelmingly enormous without needing to add GPS tracking from a digital license plate. If you have a mobile phone and/or surf the web then 'big brother', private ad companies, the phone manufacturer, etc. all have *way* more detailed data on you than they'd get from a GPS enabled license plate - especially since that mobile phone can provide nearly every bit of data the plate would provide.

Unless you're doing something to get "big brother's" attention, the only real worry is being tagged as a suspect for something that happened near some location you were at, at the same time as the crime. And, again, your phone is going to be the most likely source of location data - even with GPS turned off - the thing still has to connect to nearby towers and triangulation or trilateration isn't that difficult with the data available. Beyond that, all that data is only ever 'viewed' by software on computers.

doesnt our cars have GPS with the Lexus app. And our phones lol. You probably pass 100 cameras every trip you take. We also have license plate readers here.

Last edited by FLXYLXY; 10-27-23 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-27-23, 09:14 AM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

To be fair, Benibiker1558 isn't actually wrong. It *is* *one more* way. But, in reality, that extra data point isn't of much, if any, value compared to all the other data that's already collected and accumulated.
Benibiker1558 (10-27-23)
Old 10-27-23, 10:28 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 367 Likes on 169 Posts

The illuminated door sills are an option for our cars as well as the trunk. I inquired about buying the part and doing it myself. The Lexus person told me not a good idea as it could open the door (no pun intended ) for a problem. He did say a wiring assembly comes with the part. The only reason I do no have them on my car now was the back order time, which from last December was about six months. The last time I was at the dealer, they said they had a pair come in for another customer much quicker. I go back to the dealer in about 4k miles and I will likely order a month out before going back in for service. It is a definitely an option for our cars, many of them come with it. Whoever told you it is not an option does not know what they are talking about.
DLPTony (10-27-23)
Old 10-27-23, 11:10 AM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Received 398 Likes on 178 Posts

All I said is "one more way" and it is one more way. Digital License

Quick Reply: What have you done to your IS500 today?