IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

What have you done to your IS500 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-24 | 02:02 AM
LuxuryToyota
2nd gear

How’d you get your dash to display only the Waze and music screen? I can only get Waze fully on the left, and then the Waze search bar with the music underneath on the right.
Originally Posted by deanremix

Ambient lighting front/rear

Uniden R8
Old 09-25-24 | 04:40 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by howard500
Dropped in a K&N filter model number 33-2453. Noticeable increase in throttle response at low rpm / high gear. Also, I feel like there is more induction noise and I drive with ASC off. Worth the $65 imo.
You’re not wrong. I noticed a bump in response and induction sound with my old K&N too. I have the aFe dry filter now and it’s a bit more in both.
Old 09-25-24 | 07:35 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LuxuryToyota
How’d you get your dash to display only the Waze and music screen? I can only get Waze fully on the left, and then the Waze search bar with the music underneath on the right.
Is your setup using the audio integration function within WAZE?

With Android Auto I default to a screen similar to above. Waze on the left and Spotify/YouTube Music on the right depending on what I'm listening to. If I hit the Waze button on the left again it will go full screen (aside from the left navigation bar) and display the audio only in the primary instrument cluster or along the bottom of WAZE for a few seconds when a track changes.
Old 09-25-24 | 06:48 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

I forgot how I did it, but I think its in the android auto settings on your phone. It lets you choose the start up icons and launch apps.
The following users liked this post:
LuxuryToyota (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24 | 06:57 PM
mavisky
Pit Crew

There is this setting, but I feel like he is asking about something different. We kind of need a picture from him to see what he's talking about as my car has displayed identically to yours in the IS500 since I first hooked my phone up and has been this way for years in my other cars.
Old 09-25-24 | 10:38 PM
LuxuryToyota
2nd gear

Thank you! I have Apple and it looks like I don’t have that feature. I’ll double check but it doesn’t give us the option to change the layout

[

QUOTE=mavisky;11794193]There is this setting, but I feel like he is asking about something different. We kind of need a picture from him to see what he's talking about as my car has displayed identically to yours in the IS500 since I first hooked my phone up and has been this way for years in my other cars.
[/QUOTE]
Old 09-26-24 | 02:44 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by geckornr
Yes!! Such a nice guy... also let me know the oil Hennessy Atlanta uses is a conventional/synthetic blend, not full synthetic. I think our engine does best on conventional dinosaur or a blend for the first two oil changes to let everything break in appropriately, but I'm in favor of switching to full synthetic afterwards
I love that guy! He cares about every car that comes into the shop, but he really loves the 500. 😎 He also has a mint (non-molested) 1st Gen IS300, so he’s invested all around.

I switched to full synthetic a few oil changes ago and it’s a HUGE difference in the mountains! The temps creep up under hard driving, but no nearly as high when it had the conventional blend. Worth the extra bucks…
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
geckornr (09-26-24), HighRevs (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 03:13 AM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Thank you! I have Apple and it looks like I don’t have that feature. I’ll double check but it doesn’t give us the option to change the layout

[
[img]https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/920x2000/img_9657_4e432690cf8e52fd0d25dc7f45ed4b725c7dffd4.png
QUOTE=mavisky;11794193]There is this setting, but I feel like he is asking about something different. We kind of need a picture from him to see what he's talking about as my car has displayed identically to yours in the IS500 since I first hooked my phone up and has been this way for years in my other cars.
[/QUOTE]

if you can't change the format of the screen, just another reason why I'll never like apple phones. My work issued me a corporate iPhone device, I hate using it.
Old 09-26-24 | 07:33 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Yea Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not at all alike. I can't help you out there, but perhaps someone else here may be able to let you know if that's capable.
Old 09-27-24 | 08:57 PM
OCJACKAL
Pit Crew

Default Got some new shoes

OK so I went ahead and got some new tires. I went the Michelin PILOT SPORT 4S 265/35R19 on all 4 corners. I had to get two more rear wheels, and 20mm spacers for the rims to fit without rubbing the upper control arms up front.

Driver side rear.. looks kinda stanced.. Might have to have that checked out.. but its the original tire size out back

Driver side front. Looks pretty flush from the top (See next pic)

Top view of driver side front

Driver side front

Top view of driver side rear

Passenger rear

Driver front

Driver front

Passenger front

I am also going to be selling the 2 original front rims and tires if anyone is interested. THey won't have the TPMS installed. but in pretty good shape, I am listing them on clublexus
Oloung1 (09-30-24)
Old 09-27-24 | 09:21 PM
zcheng3
Rookie

I am pretty new to the tire game. What is the advantage of a square setup?
Old 09-27-24 | 09:43 PM
OCJACKAL
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zcheng3
I did it so I could rotate my tires.. My fronts where getting worn and the rears had plenty of tread.. I didnt like the idea of having to replace my tires every 10K miles or less...I figured its better to spend the money now and eventually I will make my money back in savings.. but it might be a while lol
The following 2 users liked this post by OCJACKAL:
Oloung1 (09-30-24), zcheng3 (09-28-24)
Old 09-27-24 | 09:45 PM
Avi8orco
Driver

Originally Posted by zcheng3
you can rotate them
zcheng3 (09-28-24)
Old 09-28-24 | 07:46 AM
zcheng3
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. I am at 11k miles and my stock "brickstone" front is almost gone, but the rear is still good. I thought we can just change the front tires if we make sure they are consistent with the rear. Or are we suppose to replace front and rear tires at the same time?

Originally Posted by OCJACKAL
I did it so I could rotate my tires.. My fronts where getting worn and the rears had plenty of tread.. I didnt like the idea of having to replace my tires every 10K miles or less...I figured its better to spend the money now and eventually I will make my money back in savings.. but it might be a while lol
Originally Posted by Avi8orco
you can rotate them
Old 09-28-24 | 08:08 AM
TGPCanada
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCJACKAL
OK so I went ahead and got some new tires. I went the Michelin PILOT SPORT 4S 265/35R19 on all 4 corners.
How's the ride, handling, grip now compared to the stock tires?

Quick Reply: What have you done to your IS500 today?