IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 Bumper Separation - Please post your images/info for data collection

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-23, 09:25 PM
ILikeBlue
Driver

Received 221 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tapjoy
Well, I took it in today. They looked at it. Took the wheel panel off to expose the screws/clips. They took them off, inspected em and put it all back together again. It seemed ok but just after driving it for a little bit (not even hard driving) it started to sag again. He said if it did, he’d order another new clip for it. So it’s possible it was my old clip, that suffered some issues as a result of the damage from the hit and run. Or, it was an older clip used. Maybe the 23 clip will fix it. Idk… He did say it was a new bumper regardless so 🤷🏽‍♂️.
I got a.new bumper retaining clip on mine and it did nothing. Post a picture of your separation, last 4 of your VIN, and mileage you first noticed it and I'll add you to the list! Unless you've already posted the info on one of the Facebook group posts.
Old 06-07-23, 09:26 PM
ILikeBlue
Driver

Originally Posted by arentz07
Well, here's mine at 2700 miles. I normally drive pretty conservatively, but I just got back from a mountain road run with some very spirited driving in there, including hitting some corners. Anyone seeing anything? I don't.

you're in the clear for now
Old 06-09-23, 02:32 PM
abestosis
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, here's mine at 2700 miles. I normally drive pretty conservatively, but I just got back from a mountain road run with some very spirited driving in there, including hitting some corners. Anyone seeing anything? I don't.

Mine looks similar to this but maybe a tiny bit better. The passenger side gaps a bit more than my driver side.
Old 06-09-23, 03:07 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,686 Likes on 1,784 Posts

^^ That is the opposite of what 90% of us here experience where regardless of the seperation occuring or not, the passenger's gap is tighter than on the driver side....you are lucky
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (06-09-23)
Old 06-13-23, 09:01 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Just wanted to give an update that mine hasn’t changed in a year. I also wanted to say that I saw the FB comment pics from people who think they have it, and I gotta be honest, I don’t see it in most of theirs either. I’d be careful showing those pics to Lexus as examples of the problem. They’ll probably laugh and think we’re crazy and then good luck getting actual help. Be smart about this. It’s a real issue but those examples aren’t going to cut it. Also Forsythe saying they’re working on it is complete BS. He’s the biggest Lexus shill cause he has the easiest job in the world with them. He doesn’t even own a IS500 so the dude has no skin in the game.

Old 06-13-23, 09:42 AM
ILikeBlue
Driver

Originally Posted by macmaster
Just wanted to give an update that mine hasn’t changed in a year. I also wanted to say that I saw the FB comment pics from people who think they have it, and I gotta be honest, I don’t see it in most of theirs either. I’d be careful showing those pics to Lexus as examples of the problem. They’ll probably laugh and think we’re crazy and then good luck getting actual help. Be smart about this. It’s a real issue but those examples aren’t going to cut it. Also Forsythe saying they’re working on it is complete BS. He’s the biggest Lexus shill cause he has the easiest job in the world with them. He doesn’t even own a IS500 so the dude has no skin in the game.

I didn't realize you were in the Facebook groups. Did you comment on either of the posts for the bumper separation?

And Mike is a good dude, I met him at an IMSA event and he was always straight up and helpful, even got me and a buddy into VIP just for showing the enthusiasm for the brand. And Mike is literally contracted by Lexus. No matter what is happening, he's not going to go against the person that gives him work, kinda how it goes in any industry. Calling him a shill for that is just disrespectful considering I doubt you've met him. The fact that he's even offering to help in this bumper situation is huge.
The following 2 users liked this post by ILikeBlue:
arentz07 (06-13-23), DLPTony (06-13-23)
Old 06-13-23, 10:04 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Edit: macmaster, please exit the thread.

Last edited by arentz07; 09-29-23 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-13-23, 06:02 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Also Forsythe saying they’re working on it is complete BS. He’s the biggest Lexus shill cause he has the easiest job in the world with them. He doesn’t even own a IS500 so the dude has no skin in the game.
I didn't comment because I don't have the bumper separation, and neither do over half of your commenters.
Everyone, examples of unhelpful, uncalled-for comments for your benefit. Don't do this.

@macmaster Posting an "update" photo does not excuse your other posts. It's as if you are trying to minimize what ILikeRed is doing, where in fact, he is doing us a favor by trying to organize. You can go ahead and exit the thread.
Molten500 (11-14-23)
Old 07-06-23, 08:50 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

I’m currently suffering from bumper separation on my 2022 LE, driver side mostly. Those of you that have had the dealer fix it, what was needed to get it warrantied? Is there an LSB on the issue?
Old 07-07-23, 11:28 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Have any of you folks suffering from this issue seen this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...uckle-way.html
arentz07 (07-07-23)
Old 07-07-23, 11:37 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
Have any of you folks suffering from this issue seen this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...uckle-way.html
The outcome looks great, but the method is ghetto. Something rubs me the wrong way about repairing a $70,000 car with a turnbuckle from Home Depot. Id rather just have it repaired correctly the first time. I keep reading that there is a different front bumper clip for 2023, so sounds like thats the method to do.
Old 07-07-23, 11:39 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by Pittsy
I keep reading that there is a different front bumper clip for 2023, so sounds like thats the method to do.
... Do tell!

I have not seen the issue yet on my 2023, but I swear I've seen posts on the Facebook group of 2023 cars that have seen the problem.
Old 07-07-23, 11:40 AM
Pittsy
Racer

... Do tell!

I have not seen the issue yet on my 2023, but I swear I've seen posts on the Facebook group of 2023 cars that have seen the problem.
There's no substance to what I just said. It's just people on the internet saying stuff just to say stuff probably. I can compare part numbers later and figure out if there is a new part number or not.

Last edited by Pittsy; 07-11-23 at 02:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pittsy:
arentz07 (07-07-23), wthrman2 (07-17-23)
Old 11-13-23, 08:29 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I just picked up '23 IS500 Prem. over the weekend and being absent from CL for few years as I no longer had any Lexus', I'm back again and this thread and the MotorFrontier article, had me worried this might happen to me. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I notice it happening with my '23.
Old 11-13-23, 08:35 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by bbong
I just picked up '23 IS500 Prem. over the weekend and being absent from CL for few years as I no longer had any Lexus', I'm back again and this thread and the MotorFrontier article, had me worried this might happen to me. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I notice it happening with my '23.
Yes, keep an eye on it. If it helps, I've had mine for 9 months and over 7,000 miles, and I have not seen any sign of the issue. It might not happen to every car; fingers crossed.

Congrats on the new whip!
bbong (11-13-23)

Quick Reply: IS500 Bumper Separation - Please post your images/info for data collection