IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

What do you NOT like about your IS500?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-23, 11:32 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,352 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by FLXYLXY
Same as others. Wish the mirrors had auto fold and front brakes were brembo that’s all
After nearly 2 years that is becoming one of my biggest complaints, the brakes. Mine haven't held up well at all.

I am also really disappointed in the paint durability. I have some light scratching to repair on the hood, I feel like the clear coat is way too soft.
Old 11-12-23, 07:26 PM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Received 398 Likes on 178 Posts

I like everything about my IS 500 but would like it more if it had a power lifting/closing trunk, power folding mirrors and Smart Access sensors on the rear doors.
Old 11-12-23, 07:50 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 484 Likes on 242 Posts

Does anyone know if the 500 has a sensor that turns on the interior lights when it senses a key nearby?

My tacoma automatically turned on the interior dome and map lights as you approached the vehicle and the truck sensed a key fob nearby. Kind of a cool feature
The following users liked this post:
RubyV8 (11-17-23)
Old 11-12-23, 09:56 PM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
Does anyone know if the 500 has a sensor that turns on the interior lights when it senses a key nearby?

My tacoma automatically turned on the interior dome and map lights as you approached the vehicle and the truck sensed a key fob nearby. Kind of a cool feature
it does, as you approach the car the interior lights come on.
Old 11-13-23, 03:42 AM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 484 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Benibiker1558
it does, as you approach the car the interior lights come on.
Do I have to turn this feature on in the touchscreen?
Old 11-13-23, 04:58 AM
04gita
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jct23
At this point after 1500 miles my only nitpick is with the turn signals that are too quiet and don't have a proper lane change feature.
As others have already said, we do have a lane change feature. If you only move the stalk until it hits the detent, but don't go through the detent, you'll get 3 clicks of the turn signal. That number is configurable - I changed mine to 5.

Overall, though, this style of turn signal stalk (where it always returns to center even when the turn signal is engaged) is plainly inferior to the traditional style. After buying this car, I realized why Doug DeMuro always rants about these stupid things lol.
Old 11-13-23, 06:05 AM
Admonkey
Driver

Received 92 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 04gita
That number is configurable - I changed mine to 5.
Configurable within reason: 3, 5, or 7 clicks (I'm at 5, too). And the last vehicle I owned that had a turn stalk that stayed up or down in the direction I was turning was a 1970 Bronco, so that wasn't an adjustment for me.

For dislikes, there really aren't many strong choices for me. Simple things, maybe, like I would have liked to have had a place to put my shades, and folding side mirrors.

And for the front bumper to not have separation issues (mine doesn't, yet, knock-on-wood). I'd gladly give up shade storage and folding mirrors if Lexus solves apron separation and the random 10k fuel pump issue that happens in a few instances. I don't even care about hard shifting, since I am in manual paddle-mode 99.999999% of the time after warm-up and don't suffer from it. So, 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old 11-13-23, 10:03 AM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
Do I have to turn this feature on in the touchscreen?
Either you can customize it in the "lighting" settings or your headlight switch needs to be on Auto.
The following users liked this post:
FLXYLXY (11-13-23)
Old 11-13-23, 11:58 AM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,201 Likes on 357 Posts

During WOT I wish our cars had the redline Beep noise like in the Lexus ISF.
Old 11-14-23, 06:49 PM
arruda89
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Admonkey
Configurable within reason: 3, 5, or 7 clicks (I'm at 5, too). And the last vehicle I owned that had a turn stalk that stayed up or down in the direction I was turning was a 1970 Bronco, so that wasn't an adjustment for me.

For dislikes, there really aren't many strong choices for me. Simple things, maybe, like I would have liked to have had a place to put my shades, and folding side mirrors.

And for the front bumper to not have separation issues (mine doesn't, yet, knock-on-wood). I'd gladly give up shade storage and folding mirrors if Lexus solves apron separation and the random 10k fuel pump issue that happens in a few instances. I don't even care about hard shifting, since I am in manual paddle-mode 99.999999% of the time after warm-up and don't suffer from it. So, 🤷🏼‍♂️

how do you configure the blinker?
Old 11-14-23, 07:28 PM
Bechtold
Instructor

Received 946 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by arruda89
how do you configure the blinker?
Skip toward the end. I did 7 blinks and set a friends car to 5.

Can you change lane change flasher from 3 flashes to more?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...to-more-3.html
The following 2 users liked this post by Bechtold:
jct23 (11-15-23), Kanpai (11-17-23)
Old 11-14-23, 10:09 PM
vpar23
Pit Crew

Received 142 Likes on 76 Posts

Honestly my biggest grip is that I have a decent amount of rattles. It could be from playing music too loud but over bumps I can get a rattle from any door, steering dash, rattles when I’m listening to music (can get it to stop when I hold the door handle) and then one random one that sounds loud by passenger side speaker. I’m really sensitive to rattles though. I had a rattle in my headliner sunroof but that seemed to have gone away thankfully.

It’s likely from me me listening to bass heavy songs for a while (travel a lot from Chicago to Indy) and Chicagos pothole roads.

some other gripes :
potenzas are trash
-sometimes I over correct my blinker when turning it off
-ride height is in the high/lifted side. Worried about using swift springs in case I have warranty work
-Brakes are not good
miss interior lighting/Hud/massage seats
window trim scratches easily
dash scratches easily
wish there was more carbon from factory

i actually like nuluxe. It creases way less than all the other real leather cars I had in my rx350 and Audi s5
Old 11-15-23, 07:40 AM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vpar23
Honestly my biggest grip is that I have a decent amount of rattles. It could be from playing music too loud but over bumps I can get a rattle from any door, steering dash, rattles when I’m listening to music (can get it to stop when I hold the door handle) and then one random one that sounds loud by passenger side speaker. I’m really sensitive to rattles though. I had a rattle in my headliner sunroof but that seemed to have gone away thankfully.

It’s likely from me me listening to bass heavy songs for a while (travel a lot from Chicago to Indy) and Chicagos pothole roads.

some other gripes :
potenzas are trash
-sometimes I over correct my blinker when turning it off
-ride height is in the high/lifted side. Worried about using swift springs in case I have warranty work
-Brakes are not good
miss interior lighting/Hud/massage seats
window trim scratches easily
dash scratches easily
wish there was more carbon from factory

i actually like nuluxe. It creases way less than all the other real leather cars I had in my rx350 and Audi s5
I'm really impressed with the LACK of rattles. I have one buzz on the driver's door with heavy bass but I touch it and it goes away, other than that it's so silent. And the brakes, my god the brakes are amazing. They're so smooth and linear, if you have to stop they'll stop you. They'll do whatever you ask of them.
Old 11-15-23, 07:44 AM
vpar23
Pit Crew

Received 142 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Benibiker1558
I'm really impressed with the LACK of rattles. I have one buzz on the driver's door with heavy bass but I touch it and it goes away, other than that it's so silent. And the brakes, my god the brakes are amazing. They're so smooth and linear, if you have to stop they'll stop you. They'll do whatever you ask of them.
yeah my guess is you don’t listen to music loud with base heavy. Brakes are fine but the same ones as the 350 but they are definitely not performance brakes hence the seperate forum of people installing GSF brake/aftermarket
Old 11-15-23, 10:03 AM
TGPCanada
Advanced

Received 833 Likes on 346 Posts

I used to say that the suspension was a bit too soft, even after the adaptive suspension stiffens it up with aggressive driving in Sport +. But when you consider what they're actually trying to achieve with this car - to be a sport LUXURY sedan, I think they've done really well with the suspension. It just has that uncanny balance between absorbing every small bump on the road but yet still giving you that feeling you've got good feel of the road and you're in control. Some have said it feels a bit "boaty", but I disagree. I think it's stiff enough that you feel a good grip and response/feedback . It's nowhere near as stiff as say, M sport suspension in BMW's, but it's still decent and again - Lexus just trying to find that right balance, which I think they've figured out.
The following 4 users liked this post by TGPCanada:
bbong (11-15-23), dbs821 (12-30-23), HighRevs (11-15-23), HydrantHunter (11-16-23)

Quick Reply: What do you NOT like about your IS500?