IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Opinions & experience on wheel protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-23, 07:19 AM
Leoliana
Driver School Candidate

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

5k is ridiculous for tire and wheel protection. Paid 800 or 850 for 4 year protection
Old 08-08-23, 07:38 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Leoliana
5k is ridiculous for tire and wheel protection. Paid 800 or 850 for 4 year protection
My thoughts exactly. My friend paid 800 back in 2018 when he bought his CPO GS350. Anyone else getting these ridiculous quotes or is it just me?

Also does anyone else know if you have to buy the protection plan from the dealer you purchased the car from? Seems kind of odd if its a Lexus program.
Old 08-09-23, 05:52 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
My thoughts exactly. My friend paid 800 back in 2018 when he bought his CPO GS350. Anyone else getting these ridiculous quotes or is it just me?

Also does anyone else know if you have to buy the protection plan from the dealer you purchased the car from? Seems kind of odd if its a Lexus program.
my understanding is that the official Lexus one for tires and wheels needs to be purchased at the time of purchase so in essence it needs to be purchased at the selling dealer. The extended warranty protection plan though can be purchased at any Lexus/Toyota dealer up until the 50,000/4 year mark.
Old 08-09-23, 07:24 AM
gerryvz
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

A bit of an update on this.

No word from RoadVantage after submitting before and after photos, and the invoice from Lexus of Annapolis for the repair. This was a reply to an email that they had sent us, requesting the info for the claim.

HOWEVER, on Tuesday we spoke with the service manager at the Lexus dealer in Pennsylvania, where we purchased the car. Took them a full week to return our call/message; sheesh. The service manager said that the next time we want to make a claim, to take the car to Lexus of Annapolis, and then contact him simultaneously to give him a heads up, and he would directly call his counterpart at Lexus Annapolis and tell them to bill the selling (PA) dealer directly for the repair, and the selling dealer would deal with RoadVantage. This would take us out of the equation in terms of having to deal with RoadVantage directly.

This makes me nervous, though, because what if the service manager at Lexus Annapolis decided he doesn't want to hassle with his counterpart at the PA Lexus dealer? He can certainly do that if he chooses. PA Lexus says they won't do that. I am not so sure I believe them.

PA Lexus dealer also said that the Lexus policy is far too expensive for what it is, and that is why they sell the RoadVantage policy at under $1,000. They also told us that one of the other area Lexus dealers, Lexus of Towson MD (and possibly a couple of others) DO directly honor the RoadVantage policy. I guess I'll need to call RoadVantage and see what other DC/MD area Lexus dealers they work with directly. That said, any other dealer is going to be a full hour away, as compared to less than 5 minutes away for Lexus of Annapolis.