IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

What is your mileage these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-23 | 02:37 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MYIS500
Returning from my dealer for the 10k oil change. On the long drive home I hit 10K. My friend leaned over and took this shot. IS 500 is 10 mos. old, so I am averaging 1k a month. A little more than I like, but it is so fun to drive. Especially with the RR Racing exhaust. If there were a system that offered three modes, quiet, loud and loud and ignorant, I would buy it. I love my 500!
I knew mine would be a high mileage vehicle when I asked the neighbors on my floor if anyone needed flour, sugar, or eggs. Basically any excuse I could find to justify driving the car. 😂

Now…I make no excuses. At a moment’s notice I’ll drive 2 hours to a mountain peak, spend 20 minutes taking pics of the car, and drive the two hours back to the city…..still grinning the whole freaking time 18 months later.

Keep on enjoying your car and taking the long way home! #DriveTherapy 😎
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Bechtold (10-04-23), HydrantHunter (10-04-23), MYIS500 (10-04-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 05:31 AM
Bechtold
Instructor

The following 5 users liked this post by Bechtold:
08sgmis350 (11-14-23), arentz07 (10-04-23), DLPTony (10-04-23), LA20671 (10-04-23), LEO2022 (01-27-24)
Old 10-04-23 | 07:32 AM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I knew mine would be a high mileage vehicle when I asked the neighbors on my floor if anyone needed flour, sugar, or eggs.
Great advice! I just thought of a whole bunch of unnecessary errands I need to run today. Same thing happened yesterday...and the day before...
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (10-04-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 09:33 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I knew mine would be a high mileage vehicle when I asked the neighbors on my floor if anyone needed flour, sugar, or eggs. Basically any excuse I could find to justify driving the car. 😂

Now…I make no excuses. At a moment’s notice I’ll drive 2 hours to a mountain peak, spend 20 minutes taking pics of the car, and drive the two hours back to the city…..still grinning the whole freaking time 18 months later.

Love it!! The car and your post.
DLPTony (10-04-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 11:28 AM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Just got past the magic number at 650... Yes I need to drive it more, but I'm stuck on an island .
Old 10-04-23 | 12:11 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I got mine in late February 2022 and sitting at 8300 km at the moment but mine is not driven in winter months
Old 10-04-23 | 12:21 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HydrantHunter
Great advice! I just thought of a whole bunch of unnecessary errands I need to run today. Same thing happened yesterday...and the day before...
LOL! Right on!!

Originally Posted by MYIS500
Love it!! The car and your post.
🙏🏽🙏🏽

Originally Posted by Benibiker1558
Just got past the magic number at 650... Yes I need to drive it more, but I'm stuck on an island .
Well…at least you’re out there enjoying it!
Old 10-04-23 | 05:35 PM
95bat
Racer

I want to drive where you guys live lol the people here are so incredibly stupid behind the wheel that it has made driving very unpleasant for anyone who doesn't have their head up their butt.
DLPTony (10-05-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 06:07 PM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 95bat
I want to drive where you guys live lol the people here are so incredibly stupid behind the wheel that it has made driving very unpleasant for anyone who doesn't have their head up their butt.
It's not all stupidity - some of it is just good old genuinely obnoxious self-absorption - I've lost count of how many times people could easily slip right in behind me and make their turn without slowing down, but they just *need* to be in front so they speed up enough to cut me off then hit the brakes to make their turn...and, you know, why bother with turn signals, right? In CA you gotta get away from city traffic. Depending on what part of the state you are in, your options will vary. I'm in SoCal, so sometimes I can find a canyon or cliffside road that's relatively unoccupied. Otherwise, I need to hit the interstate and get away from the coast entirely. Obviously, time of day can make a difference, but if you're in or near a CA city, even the middle of the day is probably gonna be a slog. You might want to use your favorite search engine to see if you can find prime driving locations near you - it's surprising how well documented many of them are. Just be careful - Johhny Law eventually finds out about all the good driving locations and will ultimately set up shop there if it's even slightly popular - but so long as you aren't driving like a complete rube you should be fine. I have a few local friends that are much more familiar with many of the better driving locations in SoCal than I am - so if you're in the lower third of the state feel free to message me and I'll pass on some location ideas from them.
DLPTony (10-05-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 07:07 PM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

I almost didn’t get my car because traffic is so bad here in Honolulu. You’re either stuck bumper to bumper on the highway or at nonstop traffic lights. When I test drove the car I couldn’t even get further than five miles from the dealership and it took me 45 minutes to get back never going over 30mph. I don’t regret it but man I need some open roads bad!!! At least my early morning commute is wide open .
The following 2 users liked this post by Benibiker1558:
arentz07 (10-05-23), DLPTony (10-05-23)
Old 10-04-23 | 08:16 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by HydrantHunter
It's not all stupidity - some of it is just good old genuinely obnoxious self-absorption - I've lost count of how many times people could easily slip right in behind me and make their turn without slowing down, but they just *need* to be in front so they speed up enough to cut me off then hit the brakes to make their turn...and, you know, why bother with turn signals, right? In CA you gotta get away from city traffic. Depending on what part of the state you are in, your options will vary. I'm in SoCal, so sometimes I can find a canyon or cliffside road that's relatively unoccupied. Otherwise, I need to hit the interstate and get away from the coast entirely. Obviously, time of day can make a difference, but if you're in or near a CA city, even the middle of the day is probably gonna be a slog. You might want to use your favorite search engine to see if you can find prime driving locations near you - it's surprising how well documented many of them are. Just be careful - Johhny Law eventually finds out about all the good driving locations and will ultimately set up shop there if it's even slightly popular - but so long as you aren't driving like a complete rube you should be fine. I have a few local friends that are much more familiar with many of the better driving locations in SoCal than I am - so if you're in the lower third of the state feel free to message me and I'll pass on some location ideas from them.
Very awesome of you! I spent 4 years down south (UC Irvine graduate) and I was ready to move back home lol I couldn't deal with aaaaallllll that traffic aaaaalll the time. It was just too much. We used to go to the Spectrum and the 5 mile drive was 45-60 minutes on a Friday night, absolutely insane.

I am back home in the butthole of CA (central valley) and there are some nice drives around the area, but the roads have deteriorated so badly I can't drive them anymore. The roads that are still maintained are heavily traveled and monitored by law enforcement heavily. My driving fun is limited these days 😔 small opportunities here and there where I can find them.
Old 10-04-23 | 09:13 PM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 95bat
Very awesome of you! I spent 4 years down south (UC Irvine graduate) and I was ready to move back home lol I couldn't deal with aaaaallllll that traffic aaaaalll the time. It was just too much. We used to go to the Spectrum and the 5 mile drive was 45-60 minutes on a Friday night, absolutely insane.

I am back home in the butthole of CA (central valley) and there are some nice drives around the area, but the roads have deteriorated so badly I can't drive them anymore. The roads that are still maintained are heavily traveled and monitored by law enforcement heavily. My driving fun is limited these days 😔 small opportunities here and there where I can find them.
It's only become worse, sadly. Our main thoroughfares typically run at about 1/2 to 2/3 their speed limit during the day (even with how fast everyone *tries* to drive), and my residential street is often lined on both sides with parked cars after work hours. I grew up here, then moved away, then came back for family. The difference in traffic load between when I left and when I returned was astonishing. I totally understand why it would drive anyone crazy. I used to have quite a bit of family in Bakersfield as well, so I spent many holidays and summer days up there. Last time I was up that way it had filled in a lot as well. Never cared for the summer heat, but at least the traffic used to be much lighter than here...and the gas was cheaper. Shame about the roads.
Old 11-14-23 | 09:50 AM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Interesting number when I turn on the car this morning lol.

Bechtold (11-14-23)
Old 11-14-23 | 10:07 AM
Bechtold
Instructor

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Interesting number when I turn on the car this morning lol.
Uh oh...

We all have to go through there. I did in September driving back from Hell, I mean Chicago...

Currently past 8,100 right now.

Last edited by Bechtold; 11-14-23 at 10:18 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bechtold:
08sgmis350 (11-14-23), arentz07 (11-14-23), jct23 (11-14-23)
Old 11-14-23 | 10:55 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

I just hit 12k this past weekend. I am about three weeks removed from having it one year. If not for a few long trips I would have hit my mark at being 10k after one year. Well I guess there is always next year?

Quick Reply: What is your mileage these days?