IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Lexus Ordering Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-23, 03:04 PM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
He could be right and he could be wrong. The info suggests there will be one but they have not told the dealers anything yet from what he can see. So we are in the wait and see part of the game. July is usually when the turnover to the next model year begins so 2024's would theoretically start producing soon. As of this moment he has not seen any color or any other info yet. I also asked him since I picked up my car February if Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 had ever come to Westide since then. It had not. USB appears to be the hardest color to come by this year it seems.
I found a car in Cali in the color I want, both exterior and interior and it doesn't have the $2450 wheel upgrade. It is the perfect fit for what I'm looking for. I want the iridium silver exterior and the white nuluxe interior. I might need to contact them to get some numbers. You don't feel like letting me test drive your car for a case of beer or anything else you might want? I don't really want to get a deal going without driving the car first to make sure I love it. I know its a lot to ask.
Old 07-10-23, 03:21 PM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

I might have time in the weekend possibly. My evenings are booked this week so far. I might have some time during the lunch breaks. There is a car show in Georgetown on Saturday mornings I tend to go to (though in the Supra) that maybe we could meetup at or after. PM me.
The following users liked this post:
MoltenDebt (07-10-23)
Old 07-10-23, 03:38 PM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bechtold
I might have time in the weekend possibly. My evenings are booked this week so far. I might have some time during the lunch breaks. There is a car show in Georgetown on Saturday mornings I tend to go to (though in the Supra) that maybe we could meetup at or after. PM me.
I'll reach out and share my contact info. Whatever works for you. Thanks, much appreciated.
Old 07-10-23, 08:29 PM
subtl
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

Just to throw my two cents about the 2024 IS500. At my dealer we see the 2024 IS500 in our list but no models show up either. One of my higher ups said it is possible that the 2024 is for the Japan market as it believed they will be receiving their run starting October. It is still possible we might get a few hundred as well as a "final edition" mentioned in the other thread. But as of today, I havent seen any incoming.
The following 2 users liked this post by subtl:
Bechtold (07-11-23), Fleuger99 (07-11-23)
Old 07-11-23, 03:38 AM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by subtl
Just to throw my two cents about the 2024 IS500. At my dealer we see the 2024 IS500 in our list but no models show up either. One of my higher ups said it is possible that the 2024 is for the Japan market as it believed they will be receiving their run starting October. It is still possible we might get a few hundred as well as a "final edition" mentioned in the other thread. But as of today, I havent seen any incoming.
is there any validity to Lexus only manufacturing the 500 at the end of the year through the first month or two? My dealer indicated that because there are so few they do a batch once a year and then are done. The supply is choppy and most of the 2023 hit the market in the last 2-3 months and now we are done.
Old 07-11-23, 03:48 AM
subtl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jsch222
is there any validity to Lexus only manufacturing the 500 at the end of the year through the first month or two? My dealer indicated that because there are so few they do a batch once a year and then are done. The supply is choppy and most of the 2023 hit the market in the last 2-3 months and now we are done.
I'm honestly not sure cause when I look at the production line/list, it says we have a few incoming but they are all 2023 like you said. As of today, we have four incoming and thats all that we know. The others we are supposed to receive is still up in the air.
The following users liked this post:
jsch222 (07-11-23)
Old 07-11-23, 04:25 AM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm honestly not sure cause when I look at the production line/list, it says we have a few incoming but they are all 2023 like you said. As of today, we have four incoming and thats all that we know. The others we are supposed to receive is still up in the air.
interesting. If (big If) there is truth to the limited run due to number then it would be much harder to buy new in the second half through end of year. From a lean manufacturing point of view I could see them doing a batch one time and then back to the 350/300 for volume. Best of luck to the OP! It’s an amazing car.
Old 07-11-23, 04:35 AM
subtl
Pit Crew

interesting. If (big If) there is truth to the limited run due to number then it would be much harder to buy new in the second half through end of year. From a lean manufacturing point of view I could see them doing a batch one time and then back to the 350/300 for volume. Best of luck to the OP! It’s an amazing car.
I mean, lets be honest, if Lexus really wanted to they could despite the "supply shortage." It is a great car nonetheless. In reality, i wouldnt havent gotten a IS500 if the 2022/2023 IS350 had a DHP (I'm aware there were some that came with the package minus the wheels). But that is rare to not even possibly happening. I do hope OP manages to score one before its too late. Ordered or not.
The following 2 users liked this post by subtl:
Fleuger99 (07-11-23), jsch222 (07-11-23)
Old 07-11-23, 05:26 AM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Yeah, thanks. There are a few around, one in Cali that is perfect match for what I'm looking for so need to reach out. I'm glad I started looking now in the event we don't get many or any for 24 model year.
Old 07-11-23, 05:51 AM
subtl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Fleuger99
Yeah, thanks. There are a few around, one in Cali that is perfect match for what I'm looking for so need to reach out. I'm glad I started looking now in the event we don't get many or any for 24 model year.
Sure thing. I know a few dealers in California has no markups. Longo Lexus is one of them as I work there. If one does catch your eye there, I can out you into contact with Fleet and hopefully get you a deal on one of them.
Old 07-11-23, 06:06 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 354 Likes on 161 Posts

I have been watching the "shop inventory" option on the Lexus page for some time now. Watching it from different regions in the country. I observed the highest inventory so far this year around the U.S. was in May to early June. Since mid June I have seen the inventory drop by 1/3 on average and stay in that range. I check it once or twice a week consistently. In watching this, I see most inventory increases occur the first week and last week of the month, usually the 2nd and 28th of each month. It is so consistent, I am of the opinion my observations follow some type of algorithm used by Lexus. Could be wrong and I am completely nerding out, but I do not think so. Why am I checking so much you might ask? I am fascinated by the car and hopeful I can create a dilemma for myself when I spot a premium model in USB, red interior and base wheels. Hear the thunder and lightning when you read that last sentence!

PS. I do love my Atomic Silver and Circuit Red Interior and BBS wheels. The BBS wheels looked better than I expected when I saw them. Just knew if I got the USB though, I wanted the Enkei's. It was a hard push to pass on a USB with Black interior and BBS wheels, but glad I did. Wanted the color, but not the black interior and BBS wheels. The Atomic was a very fast sell, as it checked all the boxes. My favorite colors of what they offer us are Atomic Silver, USB, Infrared and Ultra white. I must have the red interior though. OK, I'm done, unless another off the charts color comes out next year!

Last edited by MYIS500; 07-11-23 at 06:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
DLPTony (07-11-23), SpudsMcD (07-19-23)
Old 07-11-23, 06:22 AM
subtl
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MYIS500
I have been watching the "shop inventory" option on the Lexus page for some time now. Watching it from different regions in the country. I observed the highest inventory so far this year around the U.S. was in May to early June. Since mid June I have seen the inventory drop by 1/3 on average and stay in that range. I check it once or twice a week consistently. In watching this, I see most inventory increases occur the first week and last week of the month, usually the 2nd and 28th of each month. It is so consistent, I am of the opinion my observations follow some type of algorithm used by Lexus. Could be wrong and I am completely nerding out, but I do not think so. Why am I checking so much you might ask? I am fascinated by the car and hopeful I can create a dilemma for myself when I spot a premium model in USB, red interior and base wheels. Hear the thunder and lightning when you read that last sentence!

PS. I do love my Atomic Silver and Circuit Red Interior and BBS wheels. The BBS wheels looked better than I expected when I saw them. Just knew if I got the USB though, I wanted the Enkei's. It was a hard push to pass on a USB with Black interior and BBS wheels, but glad I did. Wanted the color, but not the black interior and BBS wheels. The Atomic was a very fast sell, as it checked all the boxes. My favorite colors of what they offer us are Atomic Silver, USB, Infrared and Ultra white. I must have the red interior though. OK, I'm done, unless another off the charts color comes out next year!
Been very tempting to buy a set of BBS wheels lol. Anyone interested in trading RG3s for thier BBS? JK I like my RG3s.
Old 07-11-23, 06:45 AM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Sure thing. I know a few dealers in California has no markups. Longo Lexus is one of them as I work there. If one does catch your eye there, I can out you into contact with Fleet and hopefully get you a deal on one of them.
Thanks, really appreciate that. I'll take a look this morning.
Old 07-11-23, 07:27 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

I did my part to spread the gospel of V8 goodness. It was fun to meet up. It would be nice to have another one nearby.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bechtold:
arentz07 (07-11-23), DaveGS4 (07-11-23), DLPTony (07-11-23), timmah427 (07-18-23)
Old 07-11-23, 07:34 AM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

I took a look at your dealerships inventory and unfortunately both cars had red interiors which is a no-no for me Thanks for the heads up though.

Quick Reply: Lexus Ordering Info