IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Lexus Ordering Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-23, 03:14 PM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by timmah427
Oh, nice!

Maybe you could talk to a Lexus salesperson at whichever dealership you prefer (or maybe even multiple dealerships to increase your odds) and ask them if you can spec one out or, if not, ask them to let you know if/when Lexus allocates one to their dealership with the specs you’re looking for. That way, you could claim dibs before it goes up on their website.

On a related note, every one of the IS 500s that I’ve seen come up on my dealer’s website (Sewell Lexus of Dallas) has had the Enkei wheels, which I thought was interesting. Worst-case scenario, I’d bet you could either sell the BBS wheels and buy the Enkeis or find somebody who wants to swap.
I just got off the phone with Steve who Bechtold recommended from West Side Lexus near Houston. He said there are 6 people on the list and one person will take any color combination while the other five want specific color combinations. In order of desire, I want red, blue, grey and silver, all with the white interior. I put a refundable deposit down so we'll see what happens.
I just looked at your local dealer and saw all their cars do not have the optional BBS wheels but the vast majority also had the red interior which is the only interior I could not live with LOL! Just too much red for me with the red doors and lower dash. I guess one just can't win
The following users liked this post:
Bechtold (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 03:39 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by Fleuger99
… but the vast majority also had the red interior which is the only interior I could not live with LOL! Just too much red for me with the red doors and lower dash. I guess one just can't win
::snickering:: I l-o-v-e my Serial Killer Red! 😂

Good luck!!
Bechtold (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 03:47 PM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DLPTony

Good luck!!
LOL! I didn't say anything bad about the red interior, just that its too much red for me hehehe! If the doors had remained black and they kept the seats and lower dash I'd have been open to it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Fleuger99:
Bechtold (07-18-23), DLPTony (07-18-23), llO0DQLE (07-24-23)
Old 07-18-23, 03:53 PM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony

Good luck!!
Serial Killer Red? Whoah buddy!

LOL! I didn't say anything bad about the red interior, just that its too much red for me hehehe! If the doors had remained black and they kept the seats and lower dash I'd have been open to it.
Yep. Red overload with the plastic parts for me. Not sure why they did that and have to stock two parts versus one. White doesn't get white plastics. Oh well!
Old 07-18-23, 04:57 PM
abdrury
Intermediate

Received 251 Likes on 119 Posts

If the doors had remained black and they kept the seats and lower dash I'd have been open to it.
Yes I’ve always liked the Roja Red between the two.
llO0DQLE (07-24-23)
Old 07-18-23, 05:13 PM
timmah427
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got off the phone with Steve who Bechtold recommended from West Side Lexus near Houston. He said there are 6 people on the list and one person will take any color combination while the other five want specific color combinations. In order of desire, I want red, blue, grey and silver, all with the white interior. I put a refundable deposit down so we'll see what happens.
I just looked at your local dealer and saw all their cars do not have the optional BBS wheels but the vast majority also had the red interior which is the only interior I could not live with LOL! Just too much red for me with the red doors and lower dash. I guess one just can't win
Just out of curiosity, did he say anything about how long he thinks you’ll have to wait/what the odds are of getting the spec you want? I hope you get the exact one you want!

Also, FWIW, my parents bought several Lexuses from West Side when they lived in Houston. They always had nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 07-18-23, 05:43 PM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by timmah427
Just out of curiosity, did he say anything about how long he thinks you’ll have to wait/what the odds are of getting the spec you want? I hope you get the exact one you want!

Also, FWIW, my parents bought several Lexuses from West Side when they lived in Houston. They always had nothing but good things to say about it.
He said he has an allocation of four cars which will arrive in the next few months, they are the last of the 23's. I doubt I'll get one of those with six people ahead of me and only one of those had the white interior and it was black which I wouldn't take. Beyond that he didn't know when he'd get his next allocation. He did say one of the six folks had been waiting a year which is how long it took Bechtold to get his. I'm assuming at the earliest, it will be year end or early next year? I am keeping an eye out nationally because if someone has exactly what I'm looking for then I might go out of state to get it. I don't mind waiting six months but don't think I want to wait a year
Old 07-19-23, 04:20 AM
Infrared500
Rookie

Received 86 Likes on 16 Posts

Steve, the sales manager from Lexus dealership in Houston just sent me the following info:

'Our rep was in yesterday and confirmed a 2024 IS-500 but very limited build, she said have a deposit and get a color because production is limited and luckily we have allocation for some. '

So it seems there will be 2024 production run of the IS500 albeit a limited one.
I have a deposit on an Infrared/Black with BBS at Northside Lexus in Houston. Apparently I'm first in line for that combo but no word yet. I used to work at Northside and Westside in Houston.
Old 07-19-23, 05:15 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Originally Posted by Infrared500
I have a deposit on an Infrared/Black with BBS at Northside Lexus in Houston. Apparently I'm first in line for that combo but no word yet. I used to work at Northside and Westside in Houston.
Welcome. Good combo. It's exactly what I have. Did I know you when you worked at Westside?
Old 07-19-23, 05:35 AM
Infrared500
Rookie

Received 86 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
Welcome. Good combo. It's exactly what I have. Did I know you when you worked at Westside?
Maybe If you were there in 2010-2011. I worked in the front shop on the internal team doing specifically valve spring recalls on the V6 and V8s that were breaking.

I now teach Hybrid and EV training at a factory training center in Houston. ( Not Lexus, but another manufacturer)
Fleuger99 (07-19-23)
Old 07-19-23, 06:18 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Maybe If you were there in 2010-2011. I worked in the front shop on the internal team doing specifically valve spring recalls on the V6 and V8s that were breaking.

I now teach Hybrid and EV training at a factory training center in Houston. ( Not Lexus, but another manufacturer)
Ahh, then we never met. I worked at Westside 2013-2018. Sounds like you have had an interesting career.
Old 07-19-23, 09:05 AM
Fleuger99
Pit Crew

How long have you been waiting for your vehicle so far?
Old 07-19-23, 12:05 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bechtold
Serial Killer Red? Whoah buddy!
Originally Posted by abdrury
Yes I’ve always liked the Roja Red between the two.
LOL! I also had the Rioja Red with my 2016 USB and it was the right amount of red. However, it’s been 16 months since I got the car, and any less would be strange at this point. 😎 Plus it’s so bold there will never be a need to mod the look! 😜
Old 07-19-23, 12:17 PM
Velocistar
Driver School Candidate

Received 41 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally can't get enough bright red waiting for my USB/Red and she's gonna go real nice next to my 1994 Corvette torch red exterior on torch red interior.

If it were up to me I would have gotten adrenaline red on red interior for the IS500, I tried my hardest to have them let me override color combos, TMC said no . Sad days... Probably for the best haha.
The following 4 users liked this post by Velocistar:
Bechtold (07-19-23), DLPTony (07-19-23), Fleuger99 (07-19-23), MYIS500 (07-19-23)
Old 07-19-23, 12:21 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Velocistar
Probably for the best haha.
Not if you’re committed to live’n the Pimp Life! 😜😂

Quick Reply: Lexus Ordering Info