IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 Jacking Points for Quickjack

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-24 | 12:47 PM
Orkboyz
Pit Crew

I made completely unscientific eyeball measurements, so I am not surprised they are off from the diagram. The track width on the IS500 is about 62" front and 63" rear, so a rough 65" seemed within the margin of error. As for the front-to-back measurement, I wonder if that is the minimum distance between the welds. If each pinch weld was about 5" long, that would make the outside measurement about 72" front to back.

My concern doing a side-to-side lift would be the quick jack interfering with work along the car's centerline.
Old 09-30-24 | 05:27 PM
Starsided
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Orkboyz
I made completely unscientific eyeball measurements, so I am not surprised they are off from the diagram. The track width on the IS500 is about 62" front and 63" rear, so a rough 65" seemed within the margin of error. As for the front-to-back measurement, I wonder if that is the minimum distance between the welds. If each pinch weld was about 5" long, that would make the outside measurement about 72" front to back.

My concern doing a side-to-side lift would be the quick jack interfering with work along the car's centerline.

In addition to this concern, I am not too comfortable with the prospect of lifting my car laterally - I do have another vehicle to my left and the wall to my right. When I park in my garage, I have ample walking space (about 3/4s of the distance of a full open door). How much will the lifted car travel laterally?
Old 10-05-24 | 07:44 AM
DaOne
Pit Crew

Default 7000 and Extension

The 7000 by it self doesn’t work for our jack point spacing and the extension adds additional vertical space so it will not fit under our cars with the rubber blocks. See picks. If I can find lower profile rubber blocks, it will fit under the car, but you need a some vertical spacing between the QJ and the car to allow the QJ to pressurize. I don’t think there will be enough spacing. Yes, I know she is filthy…need a good wash this weekend, but it will be raining all weekend long.

Just made it under the back side

The front is a no go..

Last edited by DaOne; 10-05-24 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added additional comment
Old 10-06-24 | 11:23 AM
Starsided
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DaOne
The 7000 by it self doesn’t work for our jack point spacing and the extension adds additional vertical space so it will not fit under our cars with the rubber blocks. See picks. If I can find lower profile rubber blocks, it will fit under the car, but you need a some vertical spacing between the QJ and the car to allow the QJ to pressurize. I don’t think there will be enough spacing. Yes, I know she is filthy…need a good wash this weekend, but it will be raining all weekend long.

Just made it under the back side

The front is a no go..
With regard to the spacing, how far does your side skirt extend towards the center of the car? I have a similar issue (using the full NIA aero kit) where the side skirt will actually block off some of the real estate along the underside. I've seen a video where someone was installing coilovers on an IS500 and they seemed to be just fine lifting the car lengthwise, using regular non-slotted blocks. If the front can't fit with the block already on it, I would suggest to remove the block and then place it onto the QJ when it's already under.

Old 10-06-24 | 03:48 PM
DaOne
Pit Crew

There is not enough space between the underbody and the QJ to sneak the rubber pads into position. I ended up ripping to height and length some soft wood that I had around. There is just enough space that the QJ doesn’t touch my CF sides.

Final wood pad cut

Wood pad height
Old 10-07-24 | 06:16 PM
Starsided
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DaOne
There is not enough space between the underbody and the QJ to sneak the rubber pads into position. I ended up ripping to height and length some soft wood that I had around. There is just enough space that the QJ doesn’t touch my CF sides.

Final wood pad cut

Wood pad height
I'm being lazy here, but what were the dimensions of the wood pads that you used to fill the extension void? I wanna try this out - just bought the pinch weld covers you or another poster shared and I'm pumped to finally be able to use my quickjacks the way they were supposed to be used