IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 Jacking Points for Quickjack

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-23 | 06:04 AM
TurkishRambo
Driver

Default IS500 Jacking Points for Quickjack

I have a QuickJack 7000TL which i've used for my previous vehicles, via the pinch welds, without issue so i haven't thought about using other locations on the frame. After purchasing the IS500, I discovered that the pinch welds are further than where the jack will reach length wise. The 7000TL is 60" max. I am left with a few options.
  1. Leverage alternative location on the frame
  2. Purchase the extension kit which would be 66" in length. It is also pretty expensive and hard to get in Canada.
  3. Custom fabricate an extension kit
I haven't seen a ton of information out there, but what points could be leveraged? Option three is looking like the best route, which can be done cheaper and/or better than the extension kit (I actually haven't measured to confirm compatibility, but have seen 21+ IS350 with the extension kit.)

What have you guys done to use your Quickjacks safely on this vehicle?

Underneath photo (courtesy of RR racing), for sharing your QJ jacking points:

The following users liked this post:
FLXYLXY (12-25-23)
Old 08-17-23 | 05:43 PM
TurkishRambo
Driver

So I ended up custom fabricating frame extensions giving a maximum 76 inches of useable space to lift from. Haven’t had a chance to test yet, so will follow up with pics of the car in the air.

Clearance is tight, so I also made some 1.5 inch thick 1’x1’ pads with a slight incline to drive the car on to before lifting

next up: paint!
The following 3 users liked this post by TurkishRambo:
HydrantHunter (04-09-24), krill (08-19-23), wthrman2 (03-27-24)
Old 03-27-24 | 10:25 AM
starman703
Rookie

Bringing this back from the dead. I have the 5000TL been using it for years across many different cars. Well, the time has come to lift my car only to find out i'm 5"-6" short from the pinch welds, so i'll be ordering the extension . I did have a question:

I have both the pinch weld blocks [ Pinch-Weld Blocks by QuickJack - Set of 4 or Each ] adapters and the regular solid blocks. I noticed when fitting the pinch weld blocks it makes contact with the plastic part of what appears to be the side skirt. Are you lifting it with just the solid blocks or are you also using the pinch weld blocks?
Old 03-27-24 | 06:37 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by starman703
Bringing this back from the dead. I have the 5000TL been using it for years across many different cars. Well, the time has come to lift my car only to find out i'm 5"-6" short from the pinch welds, so i'll be ordering the extension . I did have a question:

I have both the pinch weld blocks [ [url=https://www.quickjack.com/pinch-weld-blocks/]Pinch-Weld Blocks by QuickJack - Set of 4 or Each ] adapters and the regular solid blocks. I noticed when fitting the pinch weld blocks it makes contact with the plastic part of what appears to be the side skirt. Are you lifting it with just the solid blocks or are you also using the pinch weld blocks?
Subbed to see what others say. I wondered the same thing about pinch weld blocks hitting the plastic side skirts
jsch222 (03-28-24)
Old 04-08-24 | 07:07 PM
Daeyx
Rookie

I have both the pinch weld blocks [ [url=https://www.quickjack.com/pinch-weld-blocks/]Pinch-Weld Blocks by QuickJack - Set of 4 or Each ] adapters and the regular solid blocks. I noticed when fitting the pinch weld blocks it makes contact with the plastic part of what appears to be the side skirt. Are you lifting it with just the solid blocks or are you also using the pinch weld blocks?
I just ordered my new Quickjack 5000TLX that comes with the pinch weld blocks, did you ever figure out a solution? I don’t have it yet, will the standard blocks work if the pinch weld blocks don’t?
Old 04-08-24 | 08:51 PM
starman703
Rookie

Originally Posted by Daeyx
I just ordered my new Quickjack 5000TLX that comes with the pinch weld blocks, did you ever figure out a solution? I don’t have it yet, will the standard blocks work if the pinch weld blocks don’t?
I actually just got 4 of these Lexus/Toyota specific knife edge pinch weld adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/15550838264...mis&media=COPY

and tested them out on my big red jack stands and floor jack. Works perfectly, lifts the car without damage.

As for using it on my Quick Jack 5000TL, it's not long enough to reach the pinch weld, shy by just 5 or so inches I'm afraid. I'll eventually order the QJ extension. But you can most definitely just place the adapters over one of the solid rubber blocks. I wouldn't use the QJ pinch weld blocks, it makes contact to too much of the plastic part in my opinion. I think QJ makes a smaller version which you may get away with though.

The following 6 users liked this post by starman703:
all9 (04-09-24), Daeyx (04-09-24), FirstLexusIS500 (04-17-24), HydrantHunter (04-09-24), mastershibe (04-08-24), wthrman2 (04-09-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-17-24 | 08:30 AM
FirstLexusIS500
Rookie

Thanks for the great idea. I just ordered them. Makes using the pump jacks much easier with no damage.
Old 04-18-24 | 10:33 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

I got these which are always on the car, makes things a bit easier

https://www.verus-engineering.com/sh...ru-wrx-vb-4312
FirstLexusIS500 (04-19-24)
Old 04-19-24 | 01:52 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
I got these which are always on the car, makes things a bit easier

https://www.verus-engineering.com/sh...ru-wrx-vb-4312
so you just leave these on the car?
Old 04-19-24 | 02:08 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jsch222
so you just leave these on the car?
yup, once you install you leave them in place
The following 2 users liked this post by Pandonsf:
jsch222 (04-20-24), wthrman2 (04-20-24)
Old 09-24-24 | 07:27 PM
Starsided
10th Gear

I actually just got 4 of these Lexus/Toyota specific knife edge pinch weld adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/15550838264...mis&media=COPY

and tested them out on my big red jack stands and floor jack. Works perfectly, lifts the car without damage.

As for using it on my Quick Jack 5000TL, it's not long enough to reach the pinch weld, shy by just 5 or so inches I'm afraid. I'll eventually order the QJ extension. But you can most definitely just place the adapters over one of the solid rubber blocks. I wouldn't use the QJ pinch weld blocks, it makes contact to too much of the plastic part in my opinion. I think QJ makes a smaller version which you may get away with though.

Sorry to necro the thread, but I wanted to share something pertinent to this issue....

I likewise have the 5000TL AND the extensions....even with the extensions they are still too short to reach both of the pinch welds. It's been several months since I bought the extension so unfortunately I cannot return them.
Figured that you or someone else on the CL forums would want to know this (and save some money) since no one else had discussed it. I haven't tried lifting from the frame rails since I'm a little paranoid about lifting the car (first time DIY wrencher).
Old 09-25-24 | 08:03 AM
G6612
Rookie

I appreciate the update as I also have the 5000TL quick jacks that I used on my corvette. Looks like I will need to look at other options if I want to lift my IS500. If anyone has a solution please post!

Old 09-25-24 | 12:34 PM
Orkboyz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Starsided
Sorry to necro the thread, but I wanted to share something pertinent to this issue....
I likewise have the 5000TL AND the extensions....even with the extensions they are still too short to reach both of the pinch welds. It's been several months since I bought the extension so unfortunately I cannot return them.
An option is to turn the QuickJacks 90 degrees so they are lifting across the car instead of in line with it. The distance between the pinch welds side-to-side is about 65" meaning the 76" quickjacks or extensions should be long enough to reach the pinch weld lifting points side-to side. Though, this might restrict access to the undercarriage.

Interesting that you find the 76" too short. I have been thinking of getting a quickjack TLX and it looks to me that the 76" should fit based on unscientific measurements. In the pics, the blue painters tape marks the location of the pinch welds and the tape measure is locked at 76" All of the painters tape falls within the 76."

Old 09-28-24 | 12:37 PM
DaOne
Pit Crew

I got the below a few months ago to use with my QJ with extensions, but have not installed them yet.

Fudoray Jack Lift Pad Anodized Aluminum for 6th Gen Chevrolet Camaro Except Convertable, 4 Pieces Red Jacking Lifting Pad
https://a.co/d/9qX3wsd

Old 09-30-24 | 07:57 AM
G6612
Rookie

Orkboyz,
I am not sure I agree with your measurement in reference to setting the quick jacks at 90 degrees. I measured pinch weld from passenger side to drivers side and measured about 59". If my measurement is correct I should be able to use my BL-5000SLX in that manner as they have a 60" lifting spread. Sorry if I wasn't so lazy I would tried it out to test that theory. Try to get to it some day this week! I agree with diagram below as it shows 58.7".

Last edited by G6612; 09-30-24 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: IS500 Jacking Points for Quickjack