IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-22, 05:12 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Received 145 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Fman2118
pause payments? Lexus gives loaner cars. All you pay for is gas. You’re paying for your car and putting wear and tear on a loaner.
But you are not paying your car note to drive the ES 300 or NX 300 loaner for weeks. You are paying to drive the IS 500. Definitely a subpar driving experience due to Lexus selling a new vehicle with a faulty fuel pump. Again, no new vehicle driven under normal conditions should ever have a fuel pump problem within the first year of ownership. That's Lexus' fault. And with that, Lexus and/or Lexus Financial should not receive payment for a faulty vehicle that cannot be driven for weeks (or, heaven forbid, months) until their part becomes available. The loaner is the very least they can do.
Old 07-19-22, 06:36 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Pausing payments would just prolong your debt. I don’t see any advantage to that. Canceling a payment, however...
The following users liked this post:
roquesmd1 (07-19-22)
Old 07-19-22, 07:28 AM
Fman2118
Pit Crew

Received 316 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun
But you are not paying your car note to drive the ES 300 or NX 300 loaner for weeks. You are paying to drive the IS 500. Definitely a subpar driving experience due to Lexus selling a new vehicle with a faulty fuel pump. Again, no new vehicle driven under normal conditions should ever have a fuel pump problem within the first year of ownership. That's Lexus' fault. And with that, Lexus and/or Lexus Financial should not receive payment for a faulty vehicle that cannot be driven for weeks (or, heaven forbid, months) until their part becomes available. The loaner is the very least they can do.
Is this the first car you’ve ever bought? 😂
Old 07-19-22, 07:42 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Fman2118
Is this the first car you’ve ever bought? 😂
Nope (as stated in the signature for the post). As previously mentioned, I realize it's simply not the way things work, but they should work that way. Again, just my couple of pennies...
Fman2118 (07-19-22)
Old 07-19-22, 02:52 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun
Nope (as stated in the signature for the post). As previously mentioned, I realize it's simply not the way things work, but they should work that way. Again, just my couple of pennies...
The only time I've heard of that was a friend who's Benz was down for 4+ weeks, MB covered her lease payment that month. I have never heard of anybody covering a payment on a financed vehicle though.

I think costs would go up if dealers/Lexus were on the hook for payments every time parts weren't available. That happens A LOT these days. Just enjoy having the car back and put it behind you
Old 07-19-22, 05:53 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

When financing a car, you're buying a car. The financing part is just a way to for people to be able to afford a car, but the car manufacturer doesn't care, in their eye, you bought the car (and technically, manufacturer don't do financing, it's separate entities that are doing that part).

It's just like if you are buying a TV and have to get it repaired under warranty after couple months, they won't give you cash back because you are not enjoying your TV for a week.

When leasing, that could be a different story because the car is still theirs, so if you cannot use it as you should for a prolonged period, I could see some good will adjustments.
Old 07-19-22, 05:57 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

cajun has been complaining about no stop payments since day 1. He is the same type of person that didn't pay his landlord during covid. AVOID!!!!
Old 07-20-22, 03:28 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default fuel pump replacement after 7 months on IS500 LAUNCH

Brought car home yesterday, had to go a few places so I had to start up the car a few times, not starting up properly and seems to lack power, so I took It back to my dealership yesterday they are trying to figure things out with there mechanics and Lexus Canada I got a charging system malfunction warning and engine stopped steering power low which I had when my fuel pump went. So they think that they have to order another o ring for the new fuel pump that they Installed 2 days ago? They will tell me more today so back with the rental car. Will keep u informed.
Old 07-20-22, 04:18 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

I am so sorry about this - This is so frustrating but at least Lexus Canada is involved - Too bad your bumper is not falling off too as they could use that opportunity to also investigate what is causing this! I suspect moderators will merge this thread with your thread on this very same fuel pump problem as this is really just an update on your saga. We are all rooting for you and we appreciate your update!
cajun (07-20-22)
Old 07-20-22, 05:09 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by macmaster
cajun has been complaining about no stop payments since day 1. He is the same type of person that didn't pay his landlord during covid. AVOID!!!!
Nope. I own my home. (smile)
Old 07-20-22, 09:34 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,729 Likes on 1,899 Posts

Originally Posted by Mydogboo12
Brought car home yesterday, had to go a few places so I had to start up the car a few times, not starting up properly and seems to lack power, so I took It back to my dealership yesterday they are trying to figure things out with there mechanics and Lexus Canada I got a charging system malfunction warning and engine stopped steering power low which I had when my fuel pump went. So they think that they have to order another o ring for the new fuel pump that they Installed 2 days ago? They will tell me more today so back with the rental car. Will keep u informed.
That sounds like a battery issue, maybe? Power steering = electric, charging system = electric... Not sure what an O-ring would do about that. Though, it could be a combination of things. Maybe the fuel pump not working properly means the battery is not being charged like it should be.
wthrman2 (07-20-22)
Old 07-21-22, 01:51 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default fuel pump

Hi Everyone,
My dealership cleared me to take my car home yesterday as they wait for a replacement o ring for my new fuel pump. they must of done something car was running better than when they first released It a day earlier with all the warning lights still coming on, they were gone yesterday. So It looks like my car is on the mend just wanted to thank you for the messages of support etc. They said the o ring part should take 2 weeks or less to arrive?
The following 5 users liked this post by Mydogboo12:
arentz07 (07-21-22), cajun (07-21-22), DLPTony (07-21-22), Fman2118 (07-22-22), wthrman2 (07-21-22)
Old 03-24-23, 01:15 PM
StillSo42
Driver School Candidate

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry Fuel pump issues

Seems to be a reoccurring problem, this fuel pump issue, seeing it on other sites as well, is it only on the 2022 Canadian Models? I hope so.....
Old 03-26-23, 09:31 PM
Potenza
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the answer if the 2023 has the issue fixed?
Old 03-27-23, 04:45 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ Well, to be honest, there hasn't been that many issues and not sure we should be overly concerned and doubt that the 2023 part number would be different or changed - I mean I had to have my fuel pump replaced under a recall program in my 2019 RC 350 so this issue has not been limited to the IS 500. I would say if that is the concern holding you back, don't even hold off - Jump with both feet in. I would be more worried about the front apron separation or the CEL codes as those two issues were far more prevalent...
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (03-27-23), DLPTony (03-27-23)

Quick Reply: Fuel pump