IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-23, 03:55 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Might be the fuel pump problem I had a year ago launch number 37

Old 07-01-23, 04:05 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Hi Everybody,
Happy holidays to all. My car broke down last night In a shopping plaza next to my condo, I think It may be the fuel pump again that I had replaced a year ago, the car Is not driveable and Is now at my dealership after being towed, it is launch number 37 out of all of my Lexus cars that I have leased and this car Is the first that I have owned from Lexus this car has given me the most problems and I just had a major tune-up 2 weeks ago. Does anybody have any thoughts on what It could be from my photos?
Old 07-01-23, 05:39 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Impossible to tell from the photos, but it looks like a dead battery...

It's already at the dealer, you'll probably hear from them before anyone here could successfully diagnose it.
Old 07-01-23, 07:25 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Sorry to hear this. I looked it up and Canada doesn't have a lemon law unfortunately if it was the same problem. Did it start up fine and start to die? Or was it dead from Park?
Old 07-01-23, 09:36 AM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 730 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Impossible to tell from the photos, but it looks like a dead battery...

It's already at the dealer, you'll probably hear from them before anyone here could successfully diagnose it.
I was thinking same thing. Quirk with Lexus though is their warning messages often have nothing to do with the actual underlying problem. For example, the exhaust gasket issue CEL would give a warning that the parking brake had malfunctioned and not to rely on the sonar clearance system.
Old 07-02-23, 05:38 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

It tries to start up then I have to shut it off It sounds like a sputtering noise. Also, I need to tell everyone that I installed interior led strip lighting Inside the 4 doors and as well put led under glow led strip lighting underneath. With the underneath lighting, they attached the wire to an area on the right side of the fuse box, so I am wondering If this Is the problem?
Old 07-02-23, 05:46 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Default Fuse Box With Attached Wire For Under glow lighting

Here is a photo of my fuse box with the wire attached on the right side for the under glow lighting.

Old 07-02-23, 06:21 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mydogboo12
It tries to start up then I have to shut it off It sounds like a sputtering noise. Also, I need to tell everyone that I installed interior led strip lighting Inside the 4 doors and as well put led under glow led strip lighting underneath. With the underneath lighting, they attached the wire to an area on the right side of the fuse box, so I am wondering If this Is the problem?
Possible. It’s too bad you didn’t have an opportunity to remove the underglow and return to stock, but they’ll need to prove that was the problem.
Old 07-02-23, 07:33 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Here is a photo of my fuse box with the wire attached on the right side for the under glow lighting.
A shop did this? That's like the worst way it could be wired, they should've used a "add-a-circuit" connector at least, or tap elsewhere with the right connector. Hope there's an inline fuse under that electrical tape.

I'd remove that wire and hide it a least if you take it to the dealer for diagnosis. Have you pulled the CEL codes?
The following users liked this post:
jsch222 (07-02-23)
Old 07-02-23, 07:58 AM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by Answer
A shop did this? That's like the worst way it could be wired, they should've used a "add-a-circuit" connector at least, or tap elsewhere with the right connector. Hope there's an inline fuse under that electrical tape.

I'd remove that wire and hide it a least if you take it to the dealer for diagnosis. Have you pulled the CEL codes?
Agreed... looks bare wire crammed into a fuse
Old 07-02-23, 08:46 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Answer
A
The problem is he said it's already at the dealership. Even if they were slow to diagnose it and he was able to get it back before they started, he can't drive even drive it home.
Old 07-02-23, 11:32 AM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
The problem is he said it's already at the dealership. Even if they were slow to diagnose it and he was able to get it back before they started, he can't drive even drive it home.
Agreed, they'll find it eventually...

With wiring like that I wouldn't be surprised if something battery related happened, PLUS more. That looks like it's one water molecule away from shorting out A LOT of stuff on that car.
The following users liked this post:
jororo (07-03-23)
Old 07-02-23, 11:57 AM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 730 Likes on 262 Posts

Edit - duplicative post, same as what others already mentioned.

Last edited by jororo; 07-02-23 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-03-23, 02:07 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Hi you are absolutely right my friend Is an electrician he said exactly what you said so yesterday we went to the dealership and he disconnected the wire he will do It properly for me when my car is fixed the car still did not start up after disconnecting the wire. Need to wait till Tuesday until my dealership opens up from the Canada Day holiday. Thanks Answer for your Input.
Old 07-03-23, 04:44 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Hi you are absolutely right my friend Is an electrician he said exactly what you said so yesterday we went to the dealership and he disconnected the wire he will do It properly for me when my car is fixed the car still did not start up after disconnecting the wire. Need to wait till Tuesday until my dealership opens up from the Canada Day holiday. Thanks Answer for your Input.
Lucky break, nice job! It’s the dealerships own fault they are slowwww to service AND leave the cars outside, exposed, and unprotected!! LOL. Well done.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump