IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-23, 05:15 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Lucky break, nice job! It’s the dealerships own fault they are slowwww to service AND leave the cars outside, exposed, and unprotected!! LOL. Well done.
Well it's only a partial break. The moment this car gets up on any jack of sorts, the underglow will stick out like a sore thumb and they will likely eventually trace the wire...
Old 07-04-23, 03:19 PM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Everybody,
Got the news from the dealership this morning my fuel pump which Is a year old failed again and needs replacement, bad news Is there is no eta and Is on back order
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (07-05-23)
Old 07-04-23, 03:24 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Mydogboo12
Hi Everybody,
Got the news from the dealership this morning my fuel pump which Is a year old failed again and needs replacement, bad news Is there is no eta and Is on back order
Demand that you return the car and get every cent back.

https://www.camvap.ca/

Ridiculous.
Old 07-04-23, 04:46 PM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Received 178 Likes on 50 Posts

Hi Everybody,
That's terrible. I'm sorry this happened to you. TWICE!
Old 07-05-23, 03:50 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Hi Everybody,
I’m glad it’s not a wiring issue. I see equal the amount of horror stories vs success stories where these mods are concerned. Mine will remain StockAF. 😜😂

Anyway, a second replacement is simply effed up. I’m sure the work is warrantied, but there has to be some sort of compensation for this major inconvenience. Maybe fight to have the next two major services on the house? e.g. The 15K and 30K miles service.

I spent $420 on the 15K mile service last week. (Granted $100 was to rebalance all 4 tires. I have it done a few times a year.)
Old 07-05-23, 04:15 AM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

We had an issue with our LX a few years back. Service had to keep for 2 weeks. Call Lexus corporate (ask your dealer for the number) and complain. Corporate wrote us a check equal to our monthly payment on the car. Said it was a one time deal. Lexus will make it right if you push.
hen555 (07-16-23)
Old 07-14-23, 01:20 AM
Mydogboo12
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Everybody,
2 weeks without my car, it's just sitting in my dealership parkade waiting for parts to come in with no eta, I found a Lexus parts site In London Ontario that has 3 of my parts, but my dealership won't let me get them or they will void my warranty for this repair. They gave me an ES to drive In the meantime. Probably won't see my car till August. My question is how do I know that this won't happen again next summer with the fuel pump? Will keep the forum informed.
Old 07-14-23, 07:45 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,729 Likes on 1,899 Posts

Hi Everybody,
2 weeks without my car, it's just sitting in my dealership parkade waiting for parts to come in with no eta, I found a Lexus parts site In London Ontario that has 3 of my parts, but my dealership won't let me get them or they will void my warranty for this repair. They gave me an ES to drive In the meantime. Probably won't see my car till August. My question is how do I know that this won't happen again next summer with the fuel pump? Will keep the forum informed.
Most owners have not seen recurring issues like this with their fuel pumps, so I think it's safe to assume this is bad luck. Sorry to hear it. Bad luck manifests itself in different ways - for me, it was a tree branch hitting my parked car, and for others, it's been accidents. Hopefully the replacement parts are OK, and extra-hopefully you can receive some compensation for the repeated inconvenience (such as what was mentioned above).
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (07-14-23), snowyblue (07-14-23)
Old 07-14-23, 01:15 PM
snowyblue
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

one can hope its only bad luck. 2 times the same part failing may have some cause for concern. either it actually is the fuel pump failing, or they are failing at diagnosing correctly on what is causing the fuel pump to fail multiple times.
arentz07 (07-14-23)
Old 07-14-23, 01:37 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I’m glad it’s not a wiring issue. I see equal the amount of horror stories vs success stories where these mods are concerned. Mine will remain StockAF. 😜😂

Anyway, a second replacement is simply effed up. I’m sure the work is warrantied, but there has to be some sort of compensation for this major inconvenience. Maybe fight to have the next two major services on the house? e.g. The 15K and 30K miles service.

I spent $420 on the 15K mile service last week. (Granted $100 was to rebalance all 4 tires. I have it done a few times a year.)
$320 for what services? That’s an expensive oil change.
Old 07-15-23, 09:14 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jsch222
$320 for what services? That’s an expensive oil change.
Here you go. I instruct them to do everything on the list.

arentz07 (07-15-23)
Old 07-15-23, 08:08 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,729 Likes on 1,899 Posts

Off topic, I know, but Tony... if you bring me the wiper blades, I'll do those for the friend-discount price of $0.00.
DLPTony (07-16-23)
Old 07-15-23, 08:59 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Jesus dude. Your dealer has major markup on prices. MSRP on the blades is $10.99. During the 4th of July sale I bought them for less than $7. Nearly a third of what you paid…. And they charge a hefty *** price for synthetic blend oil. Not even full synthetic.
DLPTony (07-16-23)
Old 07-16-23, 01:32 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

In the event something goes wrong on a 100% dealer serviced Lexus, you can simply say ‘Fix it’ with no drama.

In reference to the blades sure I could switch them out on my own at a cheaper price; however, if the set you bought squeak they cannot be returned. On my 2016, Lexus replaced them twice because I heard a slight noise. If I went to AutoZone, PepBoys, etc., the response would have been: “Okay and? Cash, check, or charge?” 😒😂

Obviously there’s a markup on goods and services, but it accompanies an extra level of care (and expectation) as well. This is my 5th Lexus, I know what’s up. 😉
hen555 (07-16-23)
Old 07-16-23, 05:52 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

In the event something goes wrong on a 100% dealer serviced Lexus, you can simply say ‘Fix it’ with no drama.

In reference to the blades sure I could switch them out on my own at a cheaper price; however, if the set you bought squeak they cannot be returned. On my 2016, Lexus replaced them twice because I heard a slight noise. If I went to AutoZone, PepBoys, etc., the response would have been: “Okay and? Cash, check, or charge?” 😒😂

Obviously there’s a markup on goods and services, but it accompanies an extra level of care (and expectation) as well. This is my 5th Lexus, I know what’s up. 😉
Parts purchased at the counter or on parts.lexus.com, which are OEM parts, carry the same 1 year warranty as if you had purchased it via the service department

Quick Reply: Fuel pump