IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2UR - GSE Ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-23, 06:13 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Possibly this? I installed one on my 13 GS350. The part comes from the LS. It stop a ticking noise at start up that sounds just like that one in the op's IS 500 vid coming from the fuel pumps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-gs-350-a.html - vid with noise

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...reduction.html
Interesting mod... I may have to take a look.

My ticking sound is constant though, in fact it seems to start after car has warmed up and is equal on both sides. I know these have 2 pumps on either side. Honestly, the sound doesn't really bother me. As soon I catalog it as normal, I just don't pay attention to it anymore. You should hear what some of my past cars sounded like. Here's a good example...

You could probably find farm equipment that sounds more refined.

In any event, I'm usually pretty handy, but I don't know if I want to DIY a brand new car so soon. Maybe I'll ask Lexus dealer to throw these in next time I'm in for service. How much can they possibly charge me?
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (08-01-23)
Old 08-01-23, 07:43 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,324 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepBlue99
Interesting mod... I may have to take a look.

My ticking sound is constant though, in fact it seems to start after car has warmed up and is equal on both sides. I know these have 2 pumps on either side. Honestly, the sound doesn't really bother me. As soon I catalog it as normal, I just don't pay attention to it anymore. You should hear what some of my past cars sounded like. Here's a good example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYy0IxxX1n0
You could probably find farm equipment that sounds more refined.

In any event, I'm usually pretty handy, but I don't know if I want to DIY a brand new car so soon. Maybe I'll ask Lexus dealer to throw these in next time I'm in for service. How much can they possibly charge me?
Listening to your vid is does sound exactly like it's those pumps. When I installed on my GS it made a big difference in eliminating that noise. If you have 2 pumps i would imagine it's that much louder. It also seems the noise was coming from the engine back area also. At any rate I was just sharing.
Old 08-01-23, 08:00 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Listening to your vid is does sound exactly like it's those pumps. When I installed on my GS it made a big difference in eliminating that noise. If you have 2 pumps i would imagine it's that much louder. It also seems the noise was coming from the engine back area also. At any rate I was just sharing.
Much appreciated! I might see if I can find some folks who did this on their IS 500's and see what their outcome looked like. If viable, I would probably bring these in next time I do service and see what dealer says. It's pretty tight in there, and I don't want to be messing around with engine cover. Worst case scenario, I wasted $30.