IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Words of Encouragement

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-23, 08:24 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudsMcD
I disabled the mandatory speed/tracking device that the state and the insurance companies insists on for all human-driven vehicles now
I'm not even aware of what this is. Please elaborate.
Old 08-08-23, 08:38 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,729 Likes on 1,899 Posts

@TipsyTonio Do you think they actually like the car and should keep it because they genuinely enjoy it? I don't want to pry, but it makes me wonder what is going on here. We all make mistakes, and I think the IS 500 is not for everyone. However, if someone bought it in the first place, they probably have a specific set of... tastes. I mean, I think I was kidding myself when I had a little remorse and wandering eyes a couple of months ago. It didn't help that it was in the body shop for a month, which had me a little jaded on the whole experience. But when I got it back, just the experience of getting to drive it again after a full 30 days was well worth the wait.

I mean, they should just pop the hood. What they see there is something that is going extinct quickly. And, not only that, it's one of the best examples of a naturally-aspirated V-8 on sale. It revs high and is smooth, and even stock, it has fantastic induction sound. This isn't just "an V-8", it's a good one. Not only that, it's in a sleeper. I love the fact that I can drive this car like a monkey, and most people would never notice. This is because it's not loud, visually or aurally. It flies under the radar, but still, people who know will recognize it. The first day I had mine, I parked it in a parking deck as my wife and I were going to have an early dinner after being at the dealership for hours. A random guy in a lowered Q50 drives by and sticks his head out the window and said "Nice, man, is that a 500?" That was some good validation if I ever saw it.

Anyways, whatever's going on, hopefully they make the right choice.
The following 5 users liked this post by arentz07:
Bechtold (08-08-23), llO0DQLE (10-01-23), RubyV8 (08-08-23), SpudsMcD (08-08-23), TipsyTonio (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23, 08:44 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I didn’t see much encouragement, so as the reigning Ultimate FanBoy… I’ll do it.

KEEP AND DRIVE YOUR EFFING CAR!!!!

Weather aside, the siren’s song of this car should make you fire it up at every chance you can get.

Does the car make you smile when you see it?

Does the car make you feel good things when fired up?

Does the car make YOU feel special as you jet down the road?

If you do not feel any of those things, then the car was never for you and it deserves to be with someone like Tipsy.

HE WILL KEEP AND DRIVE HIS EFFING CAR!!!!

😜😎
I saw no mention of arousal, very disappointed 😔
The following 3 users liked this post by 95bat:
arentz07 (08-08-23), TipsyTonio (08-08-23), wthrman2 (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23, 08:46 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
I'm not even aware of what this is. Please elaborate.
It's from the future dude, and it sucks.
Old 08-08-23, 09:39 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I saw no mention of arousal, very disappointed 😔
LOL!! There was an internal debate. The ‘angel of appropriateness’ barely won out. 😜😈

Originally Posted by SpudsMcD
It's from the future dude, and it sucks.
Great story!!
The following users liked this post:
SpudsMcD (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23, 10:58 AM
Admonkey
Driver

Received 90 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
It flies under the radar, but still, people who know will recognize it.
If it was a wristwatch, the IS500 would be a Grand Seiko. Spring Drive.
Old 08-08-23, 01:27 PM
RubyV8
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I didn’t see much encouragement, so as the reigning Ultimate FanBoy… I’ll do it.

Weather aside, the siren’s song of this car should make you fire it up at every chance you can get.

Does the car make you smile when you see it?

Does the car make you feel good things when fired up?

Does the car make YOU feel special as you jet down the road?

If you do not feel any of those things, then the car was never for you and it deserves to be with someone like Tipsy.

HE WILL KEEP AND DRIVE HIS EFFING CAR!!!!

😜😎
love this and the spirit of this thread. The V8 never gets old. This is a great apocalypse car too.
The following 4 users liked this post by RubyV8:
Admonkey (08-08-23), Bechtold (08-08-23), DLPTony (08-08-23), TipsyTonio (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23, 04:13 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Received 788 Likes on 324 Posts

Not only that, it's in a sleeper. I love the fact that I can drive this car like a monkey, and most people would never notice. This is because it's not loud, visually or aurally. It flies under the radar, but still, people who know will recognize it. The first day I had mine, I parked it in a parking deck as my wife and I were going to have an early dinner after being at the dealership for hours. A random guy in a lowered Q50 drives by and sticks his head out the window and said "Nice, man, is that a 500?" That was some good validation if I ever saw it.

For sure a sleeper, but the attention my 500 gets compared to my prior cloudburst grey 350 is night and day. Absolutely zero comparison whatsoever. Sure it's the colour, maybe it's the wheels, the tint, maybe it's because I live in Toronto, etc. Whatever the case may be, the IS500 is a rare gem among the automotive world and people do notice it, and it's not just the enthusiasts. And oh yes, I've had more than a few pop their heads out the window (on the highway no less) to catch a glimpse (most recently someone in a blackwing)
The following 4 users liked this post by TGPCanada:
Bechtold (08-08-23), DLPTony (08-08-23), llO0DQLE (10-01-23), TipsyTonio (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23, 04:18 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

@TipsyTonio Do you think they actually like the car and should keep it because they genuinely enjoy it? I don't want to pry, but it makes me wonder what is going on here. We all make mistakes, and I think the IS 500 is not for everyone. However, if someone bought it in the first place, they probably have a specific set of... tastes. I mean, I think I was kidding myself when I had a little remorse and wandering eyes a couple of months ago. It didn't help that it was in the body shop for a month, which had me a little jaded on the whole experience. But when I got it back, just the experience of getting to drive it again after a full 30 days was well worth the wait.

I mean, they should just pop the hood. What they see there is something that is going extinct quickly. And, not only that, it's one of the best examples of a naturally-aspirated V-8 on sale. It revs high and is smooth, and even stock, it has fantastic induction sound. This isn't just "an V-8", it's a good one. Not only that, it's in a sleeper. I love the fact that I can drive this car like a monkey, and most people would never notice. This is because it's not loud, visually or aurally. It flies under the radar, but still, people who know will recognize it. The first day I had mine, I parked it in a parking deck as my wife and I were going to have an early dinner after being at the dealership for hours. A random guy in a lowered Q50 drives by and sticks his head out the window and said "Nice, man, is that a 500?" That was some good validation if I ever saw it.

Anyways, whatever's going on, hopefully they make the right choice.
Trust me when I say this person absolutely wanted this car and it was not impulsive. They were one of the first to get a IS500. They are fortunate to have the car and house fully paid off so money is no obstacle for them. They just feel bad that it sits for a good portion of the year. But I say to the heck with that! So what if it sits for 364 days. It’s all about that 1 day that you get to take it out and feel like a Ferris Bueller and you get to drive it like you stole it. You only live once so enjoy every second of it.

Last edited by arentz07; 08-09-23 at 06:52 AM. Reason: remove screenshot for scroll-ability
arentz07 (08-09-23)
Old 08-08-23, 05:16 PM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Trust me when I say this person absolutely wanted this car and it was not impulsive. They were one of the first to get a IS500. They are fortunate to have the car and house fully paid off so money is no obstacle for them. They just feel bad that it sits for a good portion of the year. But I say to the heck with that! So what if it sits for 364 days. It’s all about that 1 day that you get to take it out and feel like a Ferris Bueller and you get to drive it like you stole it. You only live once so enjoy every second of it.
I don't drive the Supra every day but I'm not going to sell it because it does sit from time to time. I enjoy all my cars when I drive them.
arentz07 (08-09-23)
Old 08-08-23, 05:39 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
I don't drive the Supra every day but I'm not going to sell it because it does sit from time to time. I enjoy all my cars when I drive them.
I have a Supra Rescue Foundation that accepts donated Supras if you need someone to drive it. You know, so you don't feel bad. Totally taking one for the team here.
The following 3 users liked this post by 95bat:
04gita (08-09-23), Bechtold (08-08-23), TipsyTonio (08-08-23)
Old 08-09-23, 03:05 PM
Kappa500
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Sell it while it's hot..... just replace it with an LC 500.
MYIS500 (08-09-23)
Old 08-09-23, 04:22 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 354 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa500
Sell it while it's hot..... just replace it with an LC 500 Bespoke Convertible.
Fixed it for ya!
Old 08-09-23, 04:26 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 354 Likes on 161 Posts

duplicate post
Old 08-09-23, 04:28 PM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by MYIS500
Fixed it for ya!
Originally Posted by Kappa500
Sell it while it's hot..... just replace it with an LC 500.
Not quite. It's LFA or nothing. Everything else is a compromise.

There is a low mileage one on autotrader for the low low price of $899,999. The monthly payment estimate is hilarious.
llO0DQLE (10-01-23)

Quick Reply: Words of Encouragement