IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-23, 10:54 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
i don't believe there is a way to activate reverse scroll mirrors. you can program another position for them to go down after shifting to reverse; just use one of the buttons that isn't programmed.
What do you mean by reverse scroll mirrors? Do you mean mirrors that adjust position when you put the car in reverse?
Old 10-16-23, 10:57 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
What do you mean by reverse scroll mirrors? Do you mean mirrors that adjust position when you put the car in reverse?
yes...that's what i was referring to if you read the previous entries. i could've/should've used "tilt" instead of "scroll"
Old 10-16-23, 11:01 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
yes...that's what i was referring to if you read the previous entries. i could've/should've used "tilt" instead of "scroll"
OK, got it. As for the mirror memory for the reverse positions, set it while in reverse and it will remember it. Have either Left or Right mirror buttons (does not matter which) in the on position and it will activate. If both Left or Right are off it will not go into the reverse position. Using one of your three memory slots is not needed for memory in reverse.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bechtold:
cp2 (10-16-23), TipsyTonio (10-17-23), wfibear (10-16-23)
Old 10-23-23, 03:24 PM
FLXYLXY
Pit Crew

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

One thing I wish it had
Old 10-23-23, 03:35 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 211 Posts

the memory on the reverse does work! thanks for the input!
The following users liked this post:
Bechtold (10-23-23)
Old 10-23-23, 10:00 PM
Benibiker1558
Intermediate

Received 375 Likes on 165 Posts

The three main options I would have liked to see are:
1. Power folding mirrors
2. Power lifting/closing trunk
3. Smart Access on the rear doors too
The following 4 users liked this post by Benibiker1558:
BChoCRNA (10-24-23), OCJACKAL (12-31-23), TipsyTonio (10-24-23), wfibear (10-23-23)
Old 12-31-23, 12:28 PM
OCJACKAL
Pit Crew

Received 126 Likes on 35 Posts

any update on the power folding mirrors from anyone? Im still working on getting parts list and such.. just wondering if anyone has done it yet the this body style IS...
Old 02-10-24, 03:28 PM
OCJACKAL
Pit Crew

Received 126 Likes on 35 Posts

just an update.. I was able to do this.. I made a post about it on the forum... wasn't to difficult
The following users liked this post:
Pandonsf (02-10-24)
Old 02-26-24, 11:42 PM
gordonyz
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow all those are missing on the IS lineup? No Android Auto on 4GS sgtm.

Originally Posted by Benibiker1558
The three main options I would have liked to see are:
1. Power folding mirrors
2. Power lifting/closing trunk
3. Smart Access on the rear doors too
Old 06-06-24, 03:16 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by KennyFSU
A member named Nigel was able to add power folding mirrors to his pre-facelift RCF (was not an option). Maybe he can chime in.
I did the power folding retro fit on my 2020 RCF. RCF's in the USA did not get power folding reason for some silly reason. Lexus is so odd with options, it's ridic.

The car was already prewire via the door harnesses. The biggest thing I noted that the mirror harness had two missing wires, where the rest of world (ROW) had all the pins filled on the mirror harnesses... I got two complete mirror assemblies and a new mirror control switch for the driver side.

Plugged everything in and when I push the button for the fold in mirrors they fold in/fold out. The AUTO button does not work or do anything. This is because there is no option even looking within Techstream to program this. I am assuming that someone from Lexus would have to flash something on the car in order to have that feature work, I've yet to find anyone / place able to do so. As it sits I actually don't need the mirrors to fold in and out as I lock/unlock the car. I prefer the manual button to fold them in. I say this because I retrofitted power folding mirrors on my w211 Mercedes and after time read many stories of the wires eventually breaking off because of the constant fold/unfolding when people lock/unlock the car. So I actually turned that feature off on the MB, and do the same exact thing. When I want the mirrors folded in, I push the button.

With the IS500, I can't image the wiring not already being there in the door... As long as you get the correct mirrors with the same options and a new window switch for the driver side I would image they would work.

This was not a cheap mod at all for the RCF. I think I paid $4500 total which included shipping and custom fees from Norway, on where I bought everything.

I'm trying to add power folding mirrors to my CT200h, and I'm fairly certain the wiring is not already there. I have a 9 pin mirror harness and everything I've researched that has power folding mirrors is 11. Whether the two extra wires goes to a control module or the mirrors, I really don't know. I'm in the process of buying a bunch of stuff and testing it out. No one has retro-fitted power folding mirrors on that platform here in the states. My ct200h is a 2016. The newer models should be easier.

Again, why the ROW gets power folding mirrors and some lexus models don't is mind boggling to me. Every lexus should. When you can buy a cheap toyota for $30k and it has power folding mirrors it's ridic that this isn't a standard option on every Lexus....

-Nigel
The following 3 users liked this post by nigel821:
Faisals (06-07-24), LexLight (06-06-24), Racer00J (06-09-24)
Old 06-28-24, 11:16 AM
Rufusade
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I did the power folding retro fit on my 2020 RCF. RCF's in the USA did not get power folding reason for some silly reason. Lexus is so odd with options, it's ridic.

The car was already prewire via the door harnesses. The biggest thing I noted that the mirror harness had two missing wires, where the rest of world (ROW) had all the pins filled on the mirror harnesses... I got two complete mirror assemblies and a new mirror control switch for the driver side.

Plugged everything in and when I push the button for the fold in mirrors they fold in/fold out. The AUTO button does not work or do anything. This is because there is no option even looking within Techstream to program this. I am assuming that someone from Lexus would have to flash something on the car in order to have that feature work, I've yet to find anyone / place able to do so. As it sits I actually don't need the mirrors to fold in and out as I lock/unlock the car. I prefer the manual button to fold them in. I say this because I retrofitted power folding mirrors on my w211 Mercedes and after time read many stories of the wires eventually breaking off because of the constant fold/unfolding when people lock/unlock the car. So I actually turned that feature off on the MB, and do the same exact thing. When I want the mirrors folded in, I push the button.

With the IS500, I can't image the wiring not already being there in the door... As long as you get the correct mirrors with the same options and a new window switch for the driver side I would image they would work.

This was not a cheap mod at all for the RCF. I think I paid $4500 total which included shipping and custom fees from Norway, on where I bought everything.

I'm trying to add power folding mirrors to my CT200h, and I'm fairly certain the wiring is not already there. I have a 9 pin mirror harness and everything I've researched that has power folding mirrors is 11. Whether the two extra wires goes to a control module or the mirrors, I really don't know. I'm in the process of buying a bunch of stuff and testing it out. No one has retro-fitted power folding mirrors on that platform here in the states. My ct200h is a 2016. The newer models should be easier.

Again, why the ROW gets power folding mirrors and some lexus models don't is mind boggling to me. Every lexus should. When you can buy a cheap toyota for $30k and it has power folding mirrors it's ridic that this isn't a standard option on every Lexus....

-Nigel
I would like to get this done on 2013 GS450H