IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Tuned by Loi/vftuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-24, 11:03 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 56 Posts

While driving it feels fine, it's just having to give the car 30% throttle to make it move off the line sometimes that bugs me.
Old 08-01-24, 12:11 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mavisky
While driving it feels fine, it's just having to give the car 30% throttle to make it move off the line sometimes that bugs me.
Completely understandable, the way they programmed the pedal definitely feels extremely conservative. Even compared to my 4 cyl Camry. Took some getting used to, but I can see why some people want to remap the pedals.
Old 08-01-24, 04:34 PM
isfree
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a Shiftpower throttle controller in my IS500 and it definitely makes the pedal more responsive, but in stop/go traffic and parking lots it can be less smooth and harder to maintain a constant speed. I like that it has a exponential/logarithmic mode that boosts the first part of the pedal but you still have the entire pedal range so the kickdown switch works correctly (most of the time).

It's much cheaper than a pedal commander and has bluetooth so I put it behind the carpet and control it with the app only. There's also a valet mode that limits throttle % and a lockout mode.

The connector for the pedal was really difficult to unplug on my car. your hands will hurt.
Old 08-01-24, 04:40 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,341 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by mavisky
How many miles are on your car?

The more I drive the better it gets. I think our cars are a little dee deedee and learn slow, but it has gotten better. It will still short shift first a lot, but I can roll on the gas and hold 2nd gear a lot better. It still isn't great, but it has improved. It was a big complaint of mine too comparing it to my C7. The throttle mapping in that car was perfect.
Originally Posted by isfree
I installed a Shiftpower throttle controller in my IS500 and it definitely makes the pedal more responsive, but in stop/go traffic and parking lots it can be less smooth and harder to maintain a constant speed. I like that it has a exponential/logarithmic mode that boosts the first part of the pedal but you still have the entire pedal range so the kickdown switch works correctly (most of the time).

It's much cheaper than a pedal commander and has bluetooth so I put it behind the carpet and control it with the app only. There's also a valet mode that limits throttle % and a lockout mode.

The connector for the pedal was really difficult to unplug on my car. your hands will hurt.
That is really cool, I like the valet mode with the limits!
Old 08-02-24, 12:40 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
How many miles are on your car?

The more I drive the better it gets. I think our cars are a little dee deedee and learn slow, but it has gotten better. It will still short shift first a lot, but I can roll on the gas and hold 2nd gear a lot better. It still isn't great, but it has improved. It was a big complaint of mine too comparing it to my C7. The throttle mapping in that car was perfect.
I've only put a few hundred miles on it since buying it second hand from an old lady. Still under 3,000 miles total.