IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 RR Racing exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-24, 03:57 PM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
Default IS500 RR Racing exhaust.

I bought this a few weeks ago and plan to wait a good bit to get it. Does anybody here have the same one and if so any input or opinions on this purchase. I do not really get on the highway much and just like to drive it around town to hear the sound of it more then actually get on it. If you do own how do you like it? And if you have any videos post em haha. It might take awhile for me to get it but I am excited. No kids, not married, and I know for the most part V8s are going away so why not enjoy it with a bang. I will make lots of videos after I get it. I just don't want my neighbors to crucify my in the front yard. (no cats)

RR Racing Variable Bazooka Variable Cat-Back Exhaust System for Lexus IS500 (rr-racing.com)
Old 04-10-24, 07:04 PM
chi3fy
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i ordered mine also about 3 weeks ago. patiently waiting. then the dealership is installing it for me.
Old 04-10-24, 07:55 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 355 Likes on 162 Posts

I have the full catback version. I love it. With the valves closed it is louder than stock. Probably a volume that many would say is slightly more than enough. Will not bother the neighbors. With the valves open, the neighbors are going to know it! I mostly keep the valves closed as the volume compares to the open dual mode exhaust you hear on modern camaros and mustangs. I ordered the stainless tips and had them powder coated gloss black to match the lower back apron of the car. The tips do not get hot enough that it would cause the powder coat to chip or flake off. It has a classy but aggressive look with the tips being gloss black. I connected the remote to the available remaining home links on the rear view mirror. One to open, one to close. I usually only open the valves when my 500 is being dismissed as a 350 or I just want to catch someone off guard. What a blast that is! The power increase is noticeable over the stock exhaust. Certainly not ridiculous, but noticeable just the same. Would love to have a third option to go back to stock on occasion. All said, the car is fun to drive and even much more fun with the Bazooka catback. Absolutely no issues with the install. It is a blast!

Last edited by MYIS500; 04-11-24 at 11:22 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MYIS500:
chi3fy (04-10-24), DonewithGM (04-12-24), HighRevs (04-11-24)
Old 04-12-24, 08:37 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by MYIS500
I have the full catback version. I love it. With the valves closed it is louder than stock. Probably a volume that many would say is slightly more than enough. Will not bother the neighbors. With the valves open, the neighbors are going to know it! I mostly keep the valves closed as the volume compares to the open dual mode exhaust you hear on modern camaros and mustangs. I ordered the stainless tips and had them powder coated gloss black to match the lower back apron of the car. The tips do not get hot enough that it would cause the powder coat to chip or flake off. It has a classy but aggressive look with the tips being gloss black. I connected the remote to the available remaining home links on the rear view mirror. One to open, one to close. I usually only open the valves when my 500 is being dismissed as a 350 or I just want to catch someone off guard. What a blast that is! The power increase is noticeable over the stock exhaust. Certainly not ridiculous, but noticeable just the same. Would love to have a third option to go back to stock on occasion. All said, the car is fun to drive and even much more fun with the Bazooka catback. Absolutely no issues with the install. It is a blast!
Nice review!
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
MYIS500 (04-12-24)
Old 04-12-24, 08:38 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DonewithGM
I bought this a few weeks ago and plan to wait a good bit to get it. Does anybody here have the same one and if so any input or opinions on this purchase. I do not really get on the highway much and just like to drive it around town to hear the sound of it more then actually get on it. If you do own how do you like it? And if you have any videos post em haha. It might take awhile for me to get it but I am excited. No kids, not married, and I know for the most part V8s are going away so why not enjoy it with a bang. I will make lots of videos after I get it. I just don't want my neighbors to crucify my in the front yard. (no cats)

RR Racing Variable Bazooka Variable Cat-Back Exhaust System for Lexus IS500 (rr-racing.com)

Youtube has a lot of videos. Most without the cats in the midpipe. You can also order just as an axle back which does not disrupt the midpipe and cats.

Old 04-12-24, 09:31 AM
chi3fy
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Question

How did you connect the remote to the rear view mirror? do you have instructions or a video? Thanks in advance
Old 04-12-24, 10:51 AM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 749 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Youtube has a lot of videos. Most without the cats in the midpipe. You can also order just as an axle back which does not disrupt the midpipe and cats.
Any plans to offer the Bazooka with Oval exhaust tips similar to OEM ???
Old 04-12-24, 11:55 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by jororo
Any plans to offer the Bazooka with Oval exhaust tips similar to OEM ???
Sorry no. There is a polished tip option that is the closest to OEM

Old 04-12-24, 02:14 PM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the review. I live in a apt but the garage I am in opens so my exhaust would point out into a open field instead of against other buildings and if its a little louder then a stock mustang with the exhaust open then I am ok. All I need to do now is find a shop near San Antonio that can put it on who I know wont screw it up haha I don't know where to start but I think I will find one soon. I just don't want them to screw up the wiring and I am not a very hands on person so I would do it wrong lmao. I am looking forward to the install and making people ask themselves "What the f*** is in that car?!" Just going to get gas then turning it on next to a V8 american car is going to be a real hoot there are pretty much no IS500s out here I have seen yet. I am sure they are their though they blend in well.
MYIS500 (04-12-24)
Old 04-12-24, 05:15 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chi3fy
How did you connect the remote to the rear view mirror? do you have instructions or a video? Thanks in advance
Very simple. Follow the instructions in the owners manual for syncing a garage door remote. Basically I held the Bazooka remote up to the home link button in the middle while pressing the open valve button. Did the same with the third home link button while pressing the closed valve button on the remote.
The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
chi3fy (04-24-24), ljerr2 (04-15-24)
Old 04-12-24, 05:20 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DonewithGM
if its a little louder then a stock mustang with the exhaust open then I am ok.
No no, I said when the valves are closed it compares to the open dual mode of the camaros and mustangs. When open, it is a whole other story. Tell that Mustang to Giddy up to keep up! With the valves open it is louder than a stock mustang or camaro with dual mode.
Old 04-12-24, 08:42 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 446 Likes on 223 Posts

Very simple. Follow the instructions in the owners manual for syncing a garage door remote. Basically I held the Bazooka remote up to the home link button in the middle while pressing the open valve button. Did the same with the third home link button while pressing the closed valve button on the remote.

TCM55 (04-13-24)