IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Is500 2025 MY

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-24, 06:03 PM
civilizedgoose
5th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Is500 2025 MY

I've read and seen some rumors that the IS model will "live on" but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Do you guys think that there will be a 2025 MY for the 500? If so, would it be wise to hold off on a purchase of the 2024? I've been looking around and it seems like some of the 2024s new are selling for 2k below MSRP, which is great. But I wonder if it would be wise to be a bit patient until some sort of announcement. I've also seen lurking around the forums the front bumper issue. IF there is a new model year I hope they are able to address that, as that kind of soured my motivation a bit to run out and get a 2024.

I admittedly have started looking at the Acura TLX Type S and G70 in the mean time. Roast me if I deserve it

Anyone else in limbo?

Popular Reply

05-17-24, 05:27 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Default 2025MY IS500 Confirmed

So good news for those of you who were waiting until 2025 to get an IS500... Toyota has assigned the Emergency Response Guide on TIS to the 2025MY IS500. This is not visible to the average user, but with a little source code trickery you can pull it up. Likewise it has been assigned to the 2025 IS300 and IS350. In years prior, this gets assigned a couple of months before the vehicle's public announcement and before Owner Manual's become available. The downside to this is that the guide is a generic guide issued for every Toyota / Lexus product and thus does not go into specifics on powertrain. So while there will 100% be a 2025 IS500, I have no way of confirming at this point in time if it'll be with a 2UR-GSE. I feel confident in saying that powertrain options will likely be unchanged for 2025 but that is just speculation at this point.
Old 05-12-24, 06:28 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by civilizedgoose
I've read and seen some rumors that the IS model will "live on" but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Do you guys think that there will be a 2025 MY for the 500? If so, would it be wise to hold off on a purchase of the 2024? I've been looking around and it seems like some of the 2024s new are selling for 2k below MSRP, which is great. But I wonder if it would be wise to be a bit patient until some sort of announcement. I've also seen lurking around the forums the front bumper issue. IF there is a new model year I hope they are able to address that, as that kind of soured my motivation a bit to run out and get a 2024.

I admittedly have started looking at the Acura TLX Type S and G70 in the mean time. Roast me if I deserve it

Anyone else in limbo?
They're not going to get cheaper in the new model year, and they're not going to fix the bumper issue. If you want it, buy it now
The following users liked this post:
Longwaldo (05-13-24)
Old 05-12-24, 09:10 PM
ICEforever
Driver

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by civilizedgoose

Anyone else in limbo?
I am in limbo for an IS500 because I'm holding out for one without the BBS wheels. In the last few weeks I haven't seen much inventory coming and the supply of cars is dwindling. But I have a hard time believing production for 2024 is done in May so I expect more to come. Maybe my combination?

Acura TLX Type S sure, stay FAR AWAY from G70.
Old 05-12-24, 09:18 PM
mastershibe
Driver

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

If you want one, get on it now. It will be $5k more expensive next year if it's even still produced. Pretty much all the cars allocated have the Premium package with forged BBS wheels. The only difference you're going to find is the color.

Look up the Lexus allocation spreadsheet if you want to find one in the color you want. I would recommend flying or driving to get the color you want versus playing chicken with production possibly ending later this year. Who knows what is coming down the pipeline. Also, if you're not aware, Toyota/Lexus will not do special order, and getting a dealer to trade allocations is also difficult. Mine said they would, and I tried to follow up and it ended up being an empty promise. So I flew a few states over.

Somewhere I read that Lexus originally planned to get 4 model years out of the 2021+ 3IS refresh. Well, 2024 is the last year of that. So if that is true, 2025 will be a new car and no more IS500. If anyone has any better information I'd like to know.
Old 05-13-24, 04:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

civilizedgoose....My comment is why wait to get a 2025 if you want one? If you can get a 2024 with a somewhat discounted price, might as well get it because as others have said, it will not get cheaper next year and the car will not be different IF they still make it available. With the bumper separation, I am sure you saw that some forum member has developed little tiny pieces of rubber that solves the sagging of the bumper, thus also fixing the separation. These are very inexpensive, work and easy to install so don't let that be the show stopper because it's no longer an issue _ I mean the new car will still have the problem but you can solve it yourself in less than 15 min. I love the look of the Acura TLX Type-S but trust me, a naturally aspirated V8 is far more reliable than a V6 turbo for the long haul.

ICEforever - Don't let the BBS wheels hold you back, you can always buy a set of Enkei wheels and sell your BBS and recover the cost - I bought OEM Lexus wheels on mine because I found the original Enkeis a bit too light for a white car and never looked back.
The following users liked this post:
HighRevs (05-13-24)
Old 05-13-24, 09:26 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 354 Likes on 161 Posts

I read here on this forum from someone with access to Lexus information that the refresh would appear on MY26' I have been amusing myself with watching the cars available for MY24'. The numbers are considerably less than this time last year. I am not certain, but I believe it is July when production shifts to the next model year for Lexus. Only a month earlier than the industry standard for American made cars. Easy to accept considering the time for overseas shipping.
Old 05-13-24, 11:37 AM
BChoCRNA
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

The only mod I suspect that Lexus can possibly do to the 2025 IS500 is blacking out the rear IS500 badge.

Last edited by BChoCRNA; 05-13-24 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-13-24, 12:01 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll throw in my $0.02. If you have a good dealership to work with and you don't mind MSRP on a car, you can get the step-up you want. I worked my local Lexus dealer on swapping out the BBS rims/saved $2,450 for the Enkei on a MY24 USB2.0 + Circuit Red. You can also save by reducing the number of PIO (port installed options, i.e. those useless 3M film they stick on the hood, key glove, cargo net, etc),

I wanna say because I am not too sold on the all black mirrors on the MY24s, and I don't like the chrome on the other MYs, MY25 will bring back the split body color mirrors with glossy black but black out the chrome parts.
Old 05-13-24, 12:12 PM
ICEforever
Driver

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Mac tell us how you really feel, don't hold back lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by ICEforever:
Oloung1 (05-15-24), silvernite (05-13-24)
Old 05-13-24, 12:14 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

I have for the PIO, was provided a PDF build of my vehicle and between the PDF with the temp VIN and the final build (the one where you are assigned a VIN) some of the PIO I was not interested in dropped off.

I was being sarcastic with the mirrors, sorry about that.
Old 05-13-24, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

The XE30 3IS came out in 2014 (or 2013 depending where you are), so four model years before they had a refresh for the 2017 to 2020 models, followed by a major fresh in 2021. The current IS is now four models years old, but still looks fresh and they are still selling well it seems.

There was been no real info on the next IS replacement and perhaps Toyota is still trying to figure out where this car fits in the world of electrics and SUVs.

Maybe they are going to keep the current chassis for 2025 and 2026 and not bother with a refresh like they did between the 2016 and 2017 or if they do, perhaps they keep it around until 2028?

I can't see the IS500 getting the axe after 2024, especially since the Japanese market just got it last year and Lexus went through all the trouble of trademarking the IS500 nameplate.

Toyota has a habit it seems of stretching out lifespans of their models, it seems as long as there is a demand they will still build it. Look at the FJ Cruiser for example, it was built from 2006 to 2022.

​​​

​​​​

Old 05-13-24, 07:50 PM
G30540i
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely stay away from the G70, Hyundai has basically given up on their sedans and it shows. The TLX-S mid cycle refresh is also unobtainium. None available at all in California. I can only find prior model years used. Me, I'm still holding out for a nice color like USM or Infrared for the IS500, but I'm starting to lose hope. I hate the BBS wheels too and that's all they're getting this year.
The following 2 users liked this post by G30540i:
HighRevs (05-14-24), ICEforever (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 05:50 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 354 Likes on 161 Posts

Reposting this message I posted in the IS 600 thread as it is on the same topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYIS500
Absolutely not! V8 or nothing. Id rather just drive a compact car than a mechanical steroid machine. On a different note, I have heard some buzz that Chrysler is seeing early signs of lamenting their V8 departure from the market. Meanwhile Ford has a steady supply of sales with the Mustang. They just cannot seem to make enough of them, much less quick enough. Back on topic, If Lexus should offer a roots style supercharged version of the IS 500 V8, I am all in. Just have never seen enough reliability to want anything with a turbo. I have not purchased a new Sequoia for this very reason. The fact that Toyota/Lexus is using turbos gives me pause to think if anyone can do it right, it is Toyota! I will be watching closely. Very closely. Quote

Just learned today that Pontiac is coming back to life. They are going to debut with a Firebird with a 667HP V8. It was also have a hybrid motor under the hood with the V8. This is good news for us V8 fans. As I stated above, Chrysler is lamenting their decision. The Pontiac Press Release throws all kinds of darts at them over their V8 cancellation. GM has said they are not done. I do not know if the Pontiac resurgence is what they have in mind, or the veiled teaser they had a couple of years ago about a V8 Chevelle return. All said I believe Lexus is going to hang in with us awhile.
Old 05-14-24, 05:57 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Reposting this message I posted in the IS 600 thread as it is on the same topic.
Quote:
Absolutely not! V8 or nothing. Id rather just drive a compact car than a mechanical steroid machine. On a different note, I have heard some buzz that Chrysler is seeing early signs of lamenting their V8 departure from the market. Meanwhile Ford has a steady supply of sales with the Mustang. They just cannot seem to make enough of them, much less quick enough. Back on topic, If Lexus should offer a roots style supercharged version of the IS 500 V8, I am all in. Just have never seen enough reliability to want anything with a turbo. I have not purchased a new Sequoia for this very reason. The fact that Toyota/Lexus is using turbos gives me pause to think if anyone can do it right, it is Toyota! I will be watching closely. Very closely. Quote

Just learned today that Pontiac is coming back to life. They are going to debut with a Firebird with a 667HP V8. It was also have a hybrid motor under the hood with the V8. This is good news for us V8 fans. As I stated above, Chrysler is lamenting their decision. The Pontiac Press Release throws all kinds of darts at them over their V8 cancellation. GM has said they are not done. I do not know if the Pontiac resurgence is what they have in mind, or the veiled teaser they had a couple of years ago about a V8 Chevelle return. All said I believe Lexus is going to hang in with us awhile.
Pontiac is, in fact, not coming back
Old 05-14-24, 06:16 PM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 883 Likes on 410 Posts

Pontiac is not coming back, it's a fake ad in Car & Driver...

There is a disclaimer. Also GM killed the Camaro, why would they bring the Firebird back.

Quick Reply: Is500 2025 MY