IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

new owner saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-24, 08:27 AM
silvernite
Driver

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts
Default new owner saying Hi

Hi all:

I have been more of a lurker here, but not new to the ClubLexus Community. Been in the market for a new daily and there was just something about the 2UR. Anyways, happy to be an owner of a MY24 UltrasonicBlueMica 2.0 + Circuit Red Interior IS500 Premium Performance. I just had to go with USB Mica 2.0 as I was lusting over a LC500 in the same color (though my first choice would be Flare Yellow). I also a huge fan of BMW’s San Marino Blue and UltraSonicBlue Mica 2.0 is as close as I can get to it. The circuit red interior was another must for me since I favor any interior that’s not black and with a four legged co-driver white is definitely out of the question as I am not sure how it would hold up with the pupper all over the place.

Some delivery day pictures (I’ll post more pictures in the other picture threads)

This was another custom order my local Lexus Dealership handled for me. If anyone is interested in the details:

Ordered 01/02/2024
Assigned Temporary VIN on 03/06/2024
VIN provided on 04/09/2024
Arrived at port in U.S. (NY/NJ port) on 05/04/2024
Delivered to dealer on 05/08/2024
Collection Day - 05/12/2024

The only special request was for the dealer to swap the BBS rims with the base Enkei wheels. I am not sure how BBS owners deal with brake dust, but having matte black wheels before on another car, they were a royal pain to keep clean and ceramic coating did not help much. Plus, and this is personal preference, I really do not like the look of the BBS rims and much prefer the Enkeis.

The drive home from the dealership has been amazing and looking forward to driving it much more. Already planned a few road trips this fall with some scenic mountain drives. Overall, I am very impressed with the smoothness in terms of ride qualify and lack of road noise/sound quality of the drive. By far the most impressive trait of the IS500 aside for what’s under the hood. I got to toss it into a few hairpins and was also impressed with how smooth it handles corners and did not notice that much body roll. I did notice that the V8 under the hood had to move a massive sedan and not sure how I feel about the brakes…I prefer a little more bite to them.

Car should be back from my detailer in a week or so with full front XPEL PPF and rocker panels done and paint correction/ceramic coat.

Mods…still debating, but I am sure I will do some. I could not bring myself to mod my weekend car so the IS500 might have to starch the mod itch for me. I think first mod might be the little ***** for the stereo (I also do not like the whitish look) and some all weather floor mats (I asked my dealer to skip all the POIs and I managed to only get hit with the Door Edge Guards). Anyways, I saw a post where a member swapped the ML stereo *****…any member know the Lexus part number? Thanks!

For those curious, other cars I was debating on and decided not to pursue for many reasons:
Hyundai Elantra N - Performance Blue/Intense Blue (wet DCT trans)
BMW M340i xDrive - Portimao Blue Metallic/Tacora Red
Acura TLX Type-S - Apex Blue Pearl/Red
Audi RS3
Kia Stinger GT

The most fun of the list was the MY23 Elantra N (dealer did not have a MY24 for me to test at the time I was looking). It was just fun times tossing it around and not feeling bad at all because the car encourages that behavior, but the interior and being FWD was a huge disappointment. Though I cannot fault it too much for the price point.

Best overall car was the BMW M340i xDrive but I could not get over minor details such as the rotary gear selector, wide LED screen, the rev counter and speedo design, the lack of physical buttons and having to do at least 2-3 pokes to get to what I need. The ride/noise level was not as smooth/quiet as I wanted, the B58 lacked drama, and I wanted a car that has a dual personality (smooth and compliant when I just want to cruise but will let me be a monkey at the higher RPMs). They were all things I could overlook for a fun weekend car, but not as my daily. Though of the list, the M340i is the one I recommend to friends and family…the IS500 is the one I buy with my money!

On random question for the forum members. When I was in my garage later in the evening, almost 5+ hours after I drove the IS500 home, I notice a loud buzzing/humming noise coming from the rear underside of the car. A quick search on the ClubLexus forum seems to indicate that it is the sound of a fuel evaporation leakage check and it does not indicate a malfunction. I take it this is normal for all Lexus even if it is a new car with under 50 miles on the odo and a full tank of fuel?

As for USB2.0 was it ever confirmed that it was a 4-stage paint (silver, clear coat, translucent blue, clear coat)?

The following 15 users liked this post by silvernite:
arentz07 (05-14-24), Bechtold (05-13-24), Benibiker1558 (05-13-24), DaveGS4 (05-14-24), DeepBlue99 (05-14-24), HighRevs (05-14-24), HydrantHunter (05-13-24), LA20671 (05-13-24), Lentu12321 (05-13-24), Longwaldo (05-13-24), MoltenDebt (05-15-24), MYIS500 (05-13-24), Oloung1 (05-14-24), phoenix888 (05-13-24), wthrman2 (05-13-24) and 10 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-13-24, 08:30 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new IS 500!! DLPTony will be lusting over this one, that is the combo he owns (except his Enkei wheels are a bit lighter) - It looks amazing and good on you in working a deal with the dealership to get them to swap the wheels you wanted!!

The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
HighRevs (05-14-24), silvernite (05-13-24)
Old 05-13-24, 08:54 AM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,201 Likes on 357 Posts

Welcome & nice spec with the Enkei's & enjoy the ride!
The following 2 users liked this post by Moonman89:
Old 05-13-24, 09:14 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 367 Likes on 169 Posts

Love it. That is exactly what I would have spec'd after I was told Grecian Water was not happening. Lexus was not taking special orders when i was shopping at the end of MY22'. As it is the combo I went with, my third choice, Atomic and Circuit Red was the only one like it they received for MY23'. Awesome car! Congratulations!
The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
Old 05-13-24, 11:33 AM
silvernite
Driver

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new IS 500!! DLPTony will be lusting over this one, that is the combo he owns (except his Enkei wheels are a bit lighter) - It looks amazing and good on you in working a deal with the dealership to get them to swap the wheels you wanted!!
DLPTony's pic was the inspiration for a USB2.0 + Circuit Red and the Enkei...specifically this pic: https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...3457473ce.jpeg
sold me on the combo.

I cannot decide if I am a fan of the all black mirrors on the MY24s, I do like some body color on the mirrors but am not a fan of the chrome.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (05-13-24)
Old 05-13-24, 12:23 PM
mastershibe
Driver

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

I spy a yellow LC500 in the bumper reflection... Nice work finding a dealer willing to play ball. I like those wheels too. Never thought the "base" wheels would be both cheaper and more rare.
HighRevs (05-14-24)
Old 05-13-24, 12:29 PM
silvernite
Driver

Originally Posted by mastershibe
I spy a yellow LC500 in the bumper reflection... Nice work finding a dealer willing to play ball. I like those wheels too. Never thought the "base" wheels would be both cheaper and more rare.
haha, good eyes...the weekend toy...
Old 05-13-24, 01:32 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

^^ Wait, so you have an IS 500 and an LC 500? Where do i send my DNA results to see if you are my dad...because i would love to be your son dad lol
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-13-24, 02:37 PM
ICEforever
Driver

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

How did you get them to agree to swap the wheels? What did they charge you? Congrats!
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-13-24, 06:10 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They prolly swapped with a base on the lot and will upcharge whoever buys that one lol.
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-13-24, 09:39 PM
chi3fy
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome and Enjoy.
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 05:31 AM
silvernite
Driver

Originally Posted by ICEforever
How did you get them to agree to swap the wheels? What did they charge you? Congrats!
Thanks!There was no charge for swapping. Since I was “ordering” one, it was always going to be MSRP. My dealer asked me to go on the Lexus website spec out the car the exact way I wanted it and send it to them; so in my spec, I did not check the BBS rims. From there, it was just a matter of waiting for a USB.20 + Circuit Red to show up on the build slots and for the dealer to call dibs on it. From what my dealer told me (someone please correct if I am wrong), they can change little things such as the accessories before at temp VIN is assigned and it goes into production. So, what most likely happened was the USB.20 + Circuit Red probably was going to be built with BBS and the dealer just took off that option. By the time I was sent a PDF of the specs (one with the temp VIN) it did not have BBS wheels as one of the options.
HighRevs (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 09:38 AM
HydrantHunter
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome! Love that Blue Mica!
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 09:47 AM
Fsport19
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks nice, sans the bow
silvernite (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 10:21 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by silvernite
Thanks!There was no charge for swapping. Since I was “ordering” one, it was always going to be MSRP. My dealer asked me to go on the Lexus website spec out the car the exact way I wanted it and send it to them; so in my spec, I did not check the BBS rims. From there, it was just a matter of waiting for a USB.20 + Circuit Red to show up on the build slots and for the dealer to call dibs on it. From what my dealer told me (someone please correct if I am wrong), they can change little things such as the accessories before at temp VIN is assigned and it goes into production. So, what most likely happened was the USB.20 + Circuit Red probably was going to be built with BBS and the dealer just took off that option. By the time I was sent a PDF of the specs (one with the temp VIN) it did not have BBS wheels as one of the options.
WRONG. What happened is that they told you to customize your order and send them your spec sheet, then laughed behind your back while they checked the inventory of cars already in production, matched one with yours, and then swapped it with another dealer. I know you like to think your special because you have a yellow LC500, but I notice you speculate a lot, and you're usually wrong.
silvernite (05-14-24)

Quick Reply: new owner saying Hi