IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

RR racing catback IS500 installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-24, 05:52 PM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RR racing catback IS500 installed

Just got my RR racing catback exhaust finally installed shortly after delivery and all I wanted to say was after a few days was "Thank you" to this company. It turned the car into something I was almost getting bored with due to how restricting the stock sound was into a true masterpiece, I chose this company and it hit all the boxes as they advertised. The power gain is noticeable as well. It's not super loud but lets people know especially in city driving that the car has a V8 without a doubt without sounding like it's stupid loud like lots of other American sports cars I have owned that just make lots of noise without the quality of the sound itself. If you are on the market and don't want to overdo it and spend too much, I would pull the trigger. You can dump your therapist for this exhaust and save a lot of money in the end. Videos online give you a hint of it but once you start it in person it's impossible not to smile. You won't be disappointed.

Shout out to RR racing you have another satisfied customer. I just drove the car with the stock exhaust from San Antonio to Pikes peak then Estes Park in CO and came back to this and as much as I liked the car beforehand now, I LOVE IT! Keep up the good work. Thank you for supporting the industry with these products.

Last edited by DonewithGM; 06-19-24 at 06:41 PM. Reason: WHY NOT
The following 9 users liked this post by DonewithGM:
95bat (06-19-24), arentz07 (06-21-24), Bechtold (06-19-24), DLPTony (06-21-24), FirstLexusIS500 (06-19-24), geckornr (06-30-24), Oloung1 (06-20-24), phoenix888 (07-01-24), RubyV8 (06-20-24) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-21-24, 06:26 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Great Pictures and thank you for the great review!

Glad you're enjoying it.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-28-24, 07:50 AM
Usmco621
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered mine with the magnaflow cat, did you get that replaced as well? Also how long did it take to get delivered to your home?
Old 06-28-24, 08:59 AM
geckornr
Pit Crew

Received 253 Likes on 94 Posts

Sound clips?
Old 06-29-24, 04:57 PM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Usmco621
I just ordered mine with the magnaflow cat, did you get that replaced as well? Also how long did it take to get delivered to your home?
About 2.5 months before its shipped. I'm in TX so I went catless. Also be on the lookout for a email asking you to sign a legal document about it before they ship it out.
Old 06-29-24, 05:12 PM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by geckornr
Sound clips?
Use what you hear online it's much better quality then I can provide. I have seen every video on the net but nothing beats it in person, this car was made to be unlocked and allowed to breath it seems. It's pretty quiet with a slight hint of V8 and drone under 2k but not bad at all, if you want that to go away put it in Sport plus mode so it holds around 2k or more. Its great if you do city driving and want good sound but without overdoing it like you might hear lots of mustangs doing with the same size engine. When it comes to all out its great without again being past that decibel level where your ears hurt its just pure sound sex. The best part being when it shifts into the next gear if you use the paddle shifters, or it warmed up in Sport plus.
Old 07-01-24, 05:58 AM
xCharmCity
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any issues with fitment/vibration? Just had mine done and having awful vibration sounds at idle.
The following users liked this post:
MyGlorifiedCamry (07-02-24)
Old 07-01-24, 08:13 AM
Usmco621
Driver School Candidate

@xCharmCity im pretty worried about this, this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this. I’d be extremely extremely disappointed to have this happen. I’m still waiting for mine, about 6 more weeks. Then to drive 4+ hours to have it installed and pay to have this happen would drive me nuts. Especially since the other option isn’t much more expensive. If you find out why or were able to fix it please post it and tag me!!
Old 07-01-24, 08:39 AM
xCharmCity
Driver School Candidate

@Usmco621 Hit the nail on the head. I am extremely frustrated that I drove 4+ hours to their shop to have it done right instead of having it done locally and have this happen. Also frustrating that they charged me almost double what I was being quoted locally. I was fine at the time since i believed that it was worth having it done by them. hindsight is 20/20

Will do! After a back and forth with them, they believe it is a fitment issue. They said it is common to have fitment issues. But until i have time to make the drive back up, ill have to deal with it.
Old 07-01-24, 10:13 AM
Usmco621
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xCharmCity
@Usmco621 Hit the nail on the head. I am extremely frustrated that I drove 4+ hours to their shop to have it done right instead of having it done locally and have this happen. Also frustrating that they charged me almost double what I was being quoted locally. I was fine at the time since i believed that it was worth having it done by them. hindsight is 20/20

Will do! After a back and forth with them, they believe it is a fitment issue. They said it is common to have fitment issues. But until i have time to make the drive back up, ill have to deal with it.
why would it be a fitment issue though, it’s labeled as a match for the car. If it is a fitment issue and it’s known as a problem, fine. Why not fix the fitment issue on the spot since they know about it? Why let us drive off and hope for the best? This isn’t a few dollars. As far as the figment issue, what exactly is it? Is it hitting another part because it’s too big or something?
Old 07-01-24, 10:28 AM
xCharmCity
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Usmco621
why would it be a fitment issue though, it’s labeled as a match for the car. If it is a fitment issue and it’s known as a problem, fine. Why not fix the fitment issue on the spot since they know about it? Why let us drive off and hope for the best? This isn’t a few dollars. As far as the figment issue, what exactly is it? Is it hitting another part because it’s too big or something?
I'm not sure. One of their reps indicated to me that they were getting in contact with PPE to see what the issue is. IMHO i think it was just a bad install job. Since prior to my issue I had not heard of anyone else having fitment issues with this system.

We did test drive when it was complete which is when we initially heard the issue. the mechanic then troubleshot and we couldnt hear it after he bent one of the hangers to provide more clearance. it then reappeared and am waiting to have time to drive back up for them to troubleshoot again.
Old 07-01-24, 10:48 AM
DonewithGM
Driver School Candidate

That sucks man! I did not encounter that but I did make it a point to not take it to just a random exhaust shop but a performance shop and tell the owner right up front that I'm bringing it to you to make sure it's done right and nothing gets fried and I am willing to wait just to make sure it's done right, he insured me he could and told him if its done right ill tip your installer out good. I am sure if you drove 4 hours it was not a regular shop. It took my guy 6 hours to install it vs the expected 3-4 and maybe he did have some fitment issues (he only charged me for 4). Not sure why he did not run the wire to the amp in the trunk either instead of the box under the hood but oh well lol. I have been told the flaps on many exhausts like this that open and close eventually break due to carbon build up, so I just leave mine open in case it breaks because to be blunt closing it only limits the volume like 5% on a cold start, and I'm calling a cold start leaving the car alone for 12 hours in Texas when its about 100 outside. This exhaust is great but honestly, they should just make it without the valves for a lower cost and call in the day because your gonna wake people up with it regardless, but I also do not have cats. When its fully warmed up it works better but not on a fresh start even during a heatwave.

Last edited by DonewithGM; 07-01-24 at 10:56 AM.
Oloung1 (07-02-24)
Old 07-02-24, 08:02 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

To address some of the things being posted here.

RR Racing Bazooka exhaust is made in Tempe AZ at PPE Engineering. They also make all of the headers for the entire Lexus community along with other products for other cars as well. Needless to say, it's a very busy shop. When an order gets placed for custom exhaust, you go on the list behind many people waiting for custom exhaust. By the time PPE pulls your name, builds your exhaust and provides tracking information, it's aprx 60 days (8 weeks).

We charge $400 to install a custom catback with wiring for Valvetronic. This equates to aprx $130-140/hour which is our shop rate and a reasonable industry standard for a Performance Automotive shop.

We install Bazooka exhaust systems here a few times a month for many, many years. They are a custom made set of pipes with connections and clamps made on the other side of the country. Just like any exhaust system, sometimes they need a little manipulation to go on perfect. After we installed the customer above exhaust, him and the tech heard a rattle. My tech laid on the floor and did a final adjustment until they both agreed the rattle was gone. He told the customer to bring it right back if the rattle persisted since we are open to 5pm and it was only 3pm. When the customer heard the rattle after 10 minutes he decided to call us instead of turning around. I operate the phone in the office and had left early that Friday due to a Summer event with my children so I was unable to answer. The customer made the decision to continue driving home after that instead of driving back where the tech would have spent as much time as it took to rectify.

Also, after voicing his dissatisfaction, we immediately encouraged him to bring the car back at his earliest convenience. My tech also volunteered to come in on the weekend (we are closed on weekends) in order to meet the owner's convenience.

This is an outlier of a situation. It really sucks that Justin (XCharmCity) is not satisfied and that is the worst outcome for us. We did everything we could to get a perfect install upfront and we're always willing to do what it takes to make it 100%. Hopefully, his schedule clears up and we can get that opportunity.

-Justin
RR Racing

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
DonewithGM (07-03-24), Oloung1 (07-02-24)
Old 07-02-24, 10:28 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,930 Posts

I'd remind you guys that resolving these kinds of disputes over PMs or other appropriate channels is going to be best for everyone. It is usually best to only go public about these kinds of issues only if going direct to the vendor does not work out to your satisfaction. If that's indeed the case, this is totally fair on xCharmCity's part. So again, I would say you guys have the opportunity to shake hands and figure this out privately if you feel there's been an error on the part of either side.

Side note, Baltimore? I remember seeing an Ultra White IS 500 while I was there last year.

Thanks in advance for keeping the threads classy.

Kanpai (07-05-24)
Old 07-02-24, 06:57 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 355 Likes on 162 Posts

I have had my catback RR Racing Bazooka install for over nine months now. Zero issues, great product and a real difference in performance. Cudos to RR Racing!
DonewithGM (07-03-24)

Quick Reply: RR racing catback IS500 installed