IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Best Coilovers for IS500?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-24, 08:44 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,349 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
I wouldn't mind a set from rr racing. I wish KW or Olins would fabricate a set. nothing against RSR as they keep the use of the AVS.
The RSR set are active dampers like the factory shocks? Or just "compatible" but not active?
Old 07-18-24, 09:57 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
The RSR set are active dampers like the factory shocks? Or just "compatible" but not active?
This is the answer I received from RSR when I asked this questions:

"Primary dampening adjustments are made through the factory controls. Secondary dampening adjustments are on the coilover (24 way adjustment front and rear); It is like a sliding scale where you adjust the secondary dampening to make the factory settings (sport, sport +, eco, etc) softer or stiffer."
Old 07-18-24, 02:25 PM
snowyblue
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I have rsr active coilovers manually set to about 12 clicks from softest. thats what I feel when driving in normal mode. I switch it to sport s plus, and they stiffen up a ton
Old 07-18-24, 02:34 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,349 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
This is the answer I received from RSR when I asked this questions:

"Primary dampening adjustments are made through the factory controls. Secondary dampening adjustments are on the coilover (24 way adjustment front and rear); It is like a sliding scale where you adjust the secondary dampening to make the factory settings (sport, sport +, eco, etc) softer or stiffer."
Originally Posted by snowyblue
I have rsr active coilovers manually set to about 12 clicks from softest. thats what I feel when driving in normal mode. I switch it to sport s plus, and they stiffen up a ton
That is really cool! I didn't know our setup was replacable. That means I can fix my saggy rear end (on the car lol) one day!
Old 07-18-24, 05:19 PM
RubyV8
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
The new R3 Road and Track coilover for IS500 has turned out to be a hit. We are selling them all day long with only good feedback and no issues at all. There is a wide range of dampening and a range of springs rates to choose. Between those two things you can really dial in the perfect ride and have the right performance all around. On top of that, we discount the USRS LCA bushings to $300 with the purchase of Coilovers. I believe with both items and shipping you are still under the price of the RSR's. The review below was left by an IS500 owner.

-Justin

I installed these recently and my mechanic noted the quality of these in similarity to the coil overs he has on his M3 (he also has a Supra). I need to adjust slightly as I’m a little low and painful over speeds and some road conditions. Had an M something hop on my tail on some backroads and it was on. Incredible how well it digs into corners, where previously I was predicting / calculating sway side to side and up and down. Smokin!
The following users liked this post:
HydrantHunter (07-24-24)
Old 07-24-24, 11:28 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyV8
I installed these recently and my mechanic noted the quality of these in similarity to the coil overs he has on his M3 (he also has a Supra). I need to adjust slightly as I’m a little low and painful over speeds and some road conditions. Had an M something hop on my tail on some backroads and it was on. Incredible how well it digs into corners, where previously I was predicting / calculating sway side to side and up and down. Smokin!

Glad to hear. These coilovers have definitely been a hit. Rafi has them on our shop '24 IS350 with the USRS and it feels amazing. Different car.

-Justin
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube