IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Thinking about buying PPE Headers looking for some help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-24, 06:37 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by InfaredLexus
As the title says I’m considering getting headers on the car, I see RR racing has tuned PPE headers and I was considering going with those, my question is what’s the difference in equal/unequal length headers? Also I know the engine is very very reliable no doubt in that but will headers decrease reliability? I’ve only got 8k on the odometer but I really want to bring this car to life, I really enjoy the car and I have no intentions on selling it that’s why I’m curious about the reliability costs if there are any.

We probably sell 20 sets of UEL to every 1 set of EL. The UEL headers make power without any restriction. So much so that every single high horsepower dyno we have done over 650-700 wheel hp has all been done through UEL PPE headers. The difference in the two headers is sound only. Sound is extremely subjective. Maybe your ear hears a big difference all over with the EL or maybe you only hear it on a driveby video at 7000 RPMS. Maybe you don't hear the difference at all. For the added cost of EL, I recommend UEL every time.

As far as reliability, You will see a CEL light from headers with no cats. There are ways to defeat it but you have to search them out. Other than that they should effect reliability.

Feel free to give us a call or PM anytime and we can answer any questions you may have.

-Justin
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
HighRevs (08-21-24)
Old 08-23-24, 03:59 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 477 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by InfaredLexus
As the title says I’m considering getting headers on the car, I see RR racing has tuned PPE headers and I was considering going with those, my question is what’s the difference in equal/unequal length headers? Also I know the engine is very very reliable no doubt in that but will headers decrease reliability? I’ve only got 8k on the odometer but I really want to bring this car to life, I really enjoy the car and I have no intentions on selling it that’s why I’m curious about the reliability costs if there are any.
If you're still considering. Not mine, someone in the Facebook groups.