IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-21 | 09:54 AM
kittens
Rookie

those seats do look nice... I am still going to hold out for a base one
Old 09-23-21 | 11:32 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

Huh.. didn't realize the rear calipers are just unpainted, silver. Looks lame like the transmission cooler..
Old 09-23-21 | 12:17 PM
here4beer
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 500 Review

So I clicked on the email about the review https://www.clublexus.com/articles/l...mpaign=content
Very underwhelmed.
No self driving software or even provisions for it.
No electric options.

I need to replace my daily driver '07 GS350. Completely unimpressed with Lexus current lineup. My next "luxury sport sedan" is going to be an EV. Toyota / Lexus has spent a ton of money and R&D on Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicle. There is no infrastructure to support this in the U.S. Last time I checked there were about 10 stations, all but one in Cali.

EVs last 2x to 10x IC engine cars. Are much cheaper to maintain / own. Accelerate much faster. Looking for an IC engine vehicle for city driving in 2021 is akin to wanting a faster horse when Henry Ford started making automobiles.

What are options for Lexus EVs in the near future? Do I have to buy a Tesla? thanks.
Old 09-23-21 | 12:22 PM
kittens
Rookie

Originally Posted by here4beer
So I clicked on the email about the review https://www.clublexus.com/articles/l...mpaign=content
Very underwhelmed.
No electric options.

I need to replace my daily driver '07 GS350. Completely unimpressed with Lexus current lineup. My next "luxury sport sedan" is going to be an EV. Toyota / Lexus has spent a ton of money and R&D on Hydrogen Fuel cell vehicle. There is no infrastructure to support this in the U.S. Last time I checked there were about 10 stations, all but one in Cali.

EVs last 2x to 10x IC engine cars. Are much cheaper to maintain / own. Accelerate much faster. Looking for an IC engine vehicle for city driving in 2021 is akin to wanting a faster horse when Henry Ford started making automobiles.

What are options for Lexus EVs in the near future? Do I have to buy a Tesla? thanks.
Who cares about self driving or EV in a thread about a V8?
The following 9 users liked this post by kittens:
95bat (09-23-21), Carolina50 (09-23-21), DLPTony (09-23-21), Kanpai (09-24-21), lisaj14 (09-25-21), natnut (09-25-21), VinnieA (09-25-21), Vitveet (09-24-21), wthrman2 (09-23-21) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-23-21 | 12:36 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

^^^ It was an interesting post to say the least. 😂
The following 5 users liked this post by DLPTony:
95bat (09-23-21), Carolina50 (09-23-21), natnut (09-25-21), Vitveet (09-24-21), wthrman2 (09-23-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 12:37 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Very underwhelmed.
No electric options.

You're in the wrong forums, bud.
The following 4 users liked this post by Compromise:
DLPTony (09-23-21), lisaj14 (09-25-21), VinnieA (09-25-21), wthrman2 (09-23-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 01:03 PM
JMeeks
Driver School Candidate

Greetings, where are you in socal? I'm in Orange and looking for options, my local dealer is Tustin and they seem clueless. Any help is much appreciated. thanks

Last edited by JMeeks; 09-23-21 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-23-21 | 01:11 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DLPTony
^^^ It was an interesting post to say the least. 😂
I was so confused. But it's been a long day.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (09-23-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 01:32 PM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Very underwhelmed.
No electric options.

Wow. Anyways... To answer your question; No, you don't have to buy a Tesla. Keep your eye on Lucid Motors.

Edit: I removed the YouTube link. Not trying to get off topic in here.

Last edited by Racer00J; 09-23-21 at 01:42 PM.
lisaj14 (09-25-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 01:44 PM
porusski
Driver School Candidate

Very underwhelmed.
No electric options.

What kind of self driving features are you looking for? all I need is lane assist and stop-and-go traffic cruise control, and from what I understand is the IS500 has that. So I’m good.
The following 2 users liked this post by porusski:
DLPTony (09-23-21), natnut (09-25-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 02:32 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Very underwhelmed.
No electric options.

EV's have no soul, no connection to the driver. How do you know they last 2x to 10x longer than an ICE car? You make up data better than Elizabeth Holmes. Personally, I have always been a bit of a rebel. I got a Prius back in the 2000s when everybody was crapping on them for looking like tampons, and so naturally now I want a V8 when everybody wants electric. You sound like a conformist.
The following 6 users liked this post by macmaster:
DLPTony (09-23-21), Kira X (09-23-21), kittens (09-23-21), natnut (09-25-21), porusski (09-23-21), wthrman2 (09-23-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-23-21 | 02:49 PM
tonymac1
10th Gear

Any folks from midwest here? ive contacted a few dealers and apparently the car hasn't started production yet. Some are not even taking deposits.
Old 09-23-21 | 03:10 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

to all the newcomers, if you hit a roadblock w/ a clueless dealer or one that doesn't seem to want your business, keep calling and emailing other dealers. that's how most of us have built a rapport w/ different sales people and/or GMs, some placing deposits, over the course of the last 6 to 7 months. in terms of production, you'll get different answers/speculation depending on the dealer. (Dec to Feb?) as most of us are gunning for a limited production car, many might not be so open about tips on which dealers you should or should not call, which intend or do not intend to mark up their cars. you just have to do your due diligence. not trying to be a jerk but just telling it from my perspective. good luck to everyone!
The following 2 users liked this post by cremaster:
DLPTony (09-23-21), whoismiked (09-23-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 05:32 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cremaster
to all the newcomers, if you hit a roadblock w/ a clueless dealer or one that doesn't seem to want your business, keep calling and emailing other dealers. that's how most of us have built a rapport w/ different sales people and/or GMs, some placing deposits, over the course of the last 6 to 7 months. in terms of production, you'll get different answers/speculation depending on the dealer. (Dec to Feb?) as most of us are gunning for a limited production car, many might not be so open about tips on which dealers you should or should not call, which intend or do not intend to mark up their cars. you just have to do your due diligence. not trying to be a jerk but just telling it from my perspective. good luck to everyone!
@cremaster

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
If I recall that’s exactly what happened with the Jeep Gladiator. They had a special edition first model but it ended up being delayed so other owners got their cars before the people who paid the premium for the first editions. Naturally they were pissed.

Originally Posted by lexussingh
If this is the case, I will be royally pissed. Part of the reason I'm paying the extra 6K for the Launch Edition is to get it faster.
Originally Posted by lexussingh
I was told it should be out around November. But coming from a car salesman, yeah... not going to much stock in that.

FYI - this information below is pretty spot on

Unless something has changed, the allocations should start showing up in the dealer systems by October and predict 1st deliveries by early November

Originally Posted by Joe Z

The Launch Edition will be arriving in dealerships later this Fall alongside the IS 500 F SPORT Performance models.

2022 IS Production was tentative to start September 6th, 2021

Joe Z
Shoeboy4 (09-23-21)
Old 09-23-21 | 07:32 PM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

I talked to my dealer today, and he tells me that only 160 LE will be produced, about half going to "corporations and sponsors".
And there is no news of when the regular models might come in. In fact, the way he stated it, it sounds like they might be canceling them prematurely.
This is a major dealer who I left a 1k deposit with, so I don't see a reason for them to lie.

I take that back, it's a car salesman.
Guys and gals, let us know if you hear any news.

Last edited by lexussingh; 09-23-21 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance