IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-21, 09:33 AM
drawg22
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 46 Posts

Nvicta, I had to buy her Camry in Iowa and will be driving it back to San Diego because every dealer wanted $7k over MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
porusski (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 09:43 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by drawg22
Nvicta, I had to buy her Camry in Iowa and will be driving it back to San Diego because every dealer wanted $7k over MSRP.
Ouch. That’s ridiculous. Back in July I scored an SE Camry for my girlfriend, with all the options available for $4500 off MSRP and no dealer fee. It’s crazy how much the market has changed.
Old 09-30-21, 11:15 AM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Ouch. That’s ridiculous. Back in July I scored an SE Camry for my girlfriend, with all the options available for $4500 off MSRP and no dealer fee. It’s crazy how much the market has changed.
same here. Almost $6000 off a Camry SE in mid March. $29,088 MSRP dropped to $23,188.

Last edited by GaryJG; 09-30-21 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-30-21, 01:49 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,352 Likes on 698 Posts

Thats why I'm glad trade-in value is up. My ES is worth close to what I paid for it 3 years ago. I will gladly pay MSRP and give up a $4-5k discount when my car is worth more than $5k more than it should be.

I won't pay over MSRP though, that is where I draw the line.
Old 09-30-21, 02:43 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Received 197 Likes on 67 Posts

Drawg: holy smokes! That’s love…. Sorry to derrail the Is500 thread with Camry talk, but it should put the fuel economy concerns to bed lol
Old 09-30-21, 02:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by wthrman2

Joe Z...I hope you are right about the black cooler. Sadly we won't know until the 1st production units arrive
@wthrman2

I hope I'm wrong, but when we are this deep into the process and cars out for review, this tells me parts are finalized... Which means everyone is going to enjoy the silver Trans Cooler..

Again I hope I'm wrong...!!

But when I see things like the silver rear calipers and chrome still on the side mirrors, these small issues will not be fixed in time for the 2022 MY..

Maybe someone at Lexus USA. (Plenty of people here take things back to Lexus Corp directly - don't AMHIK) will read this and have it fixed for MY23

Joe Z
Old 09-30-21, 03:17 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
@wthrman2

I hope I'm wrong, but when we are this deep into the process and cars out for review, this tells me parts are finalized... Which means everyone is going to enjoy the silver Trans Cooler..

Again I hope I'm wrong...!!

But when I see things like the silver rear calipers and chrome still on the side mirrors, these small issues will not be fixed in time for the 2022 MY..

Maybe someone at Lexus USA. (Plenty of people here take things back to Lexus Corp directly - don't AMHIK) will read this and have it fixed for MY23

Joe Z
Honestly I think you need to chill out. There are literally ZERO production cars, and nobody knows when IS500 production will even begin -- so why are you so adamant that the trans cooler will still be silver? Lol. It's no different than the lack of memory package on the pre-production models. You sound like a broken record, and now so do I.
Joe Z (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 03:18 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But I’ve been checking on the Lexus Japanese website for updates and today I noticed that there was a document showing the estimated time for the factory to ship a car after the order has been placed. Mind you, this is for the Japanese market so it may not apply to us. But this documents shows that there is currently a 5-6 month lead time on the IS. I recommend using DeepL to translate the file as the google translation was terrible.
https://lexus.jp/news/info/delivery_date_210921.pdf
Unfortunately I think a lot of us here in this thread have to be very patient. The ongoing chip shortages, crazy backups at Long Beach/LA Ports and significantly reduced production at the Tahara plant will make the 2022 IS 500 hard to get.

I think this time next year the IS 500 will be much easier to get. Also, maybe it gets that sweet upgraded interior from the NX?

Last edited by LH1; 09-30-21 at 03:31 PM.
DLPTony (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 03:22 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

I am anxious to get mine but honestly, it gets here when it gets here. Cannot control anything other than where we buy from and what we are willing to pay, so just going to chill and be ready when I know the car is coming

Last edited by Shoeboy4; 09-30-21 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-30-21, 03:27 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
I am anxious to get mine but honestly, but it gets here when it gets here. Cannot control anything other than where we buy from and what we are willing to pay, so just going to chill and be ready when I know the car is coming
I agree.

Lexus could have made this way easier by releasing a 2nd gen IS F back in 2014. I would have bought it 7 years ago.

Shoeboy4 (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 03:34 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by LH1
Unfortunately I think a lot of us here in this thread have to be very patient. The ongoing chip shortages, crazy backups at Long Beach/LA Ports and significantly reduced production at the Tahara plant will make the 2022 IS 500 hard to get.

I think this time next year the IS 500 will be much easier to get. Also, maybe it gets that sweet upgraded interior from the NX?
while I think it would be nice to get the new NX interior I find it unlikely until we get an all new generation, if we even get a true 4th Gen IS, due to the declining demand for sedans. Every day people want bigger and bigger cars.
Old 09-30-21, 03:56 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,352 Likes on 698 Posts

while I think it would be nice to get the new NX interior I find it unlikely until we get an all new generation, if we even get a true 4th Gen IS, due to the declining demand for sedans. Every day people want bigger and bigger cars.
You just made the perfect SUV... NX with the V8

I'd buy!
Old 09-30-21, 04:34 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,892 Posts

I agree, as much as I pine for it, it’ll get here when it gets here. Operation Car Fund is still in effect, by the time it gets here my payments will be at base Honda Civic levels. 😎
Shoeboy4 (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 05:57 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Honestly I think you need to chill out. There are literally ZERO production cars, and nobody knows when IS500 production will even begin -- so why are you so adamant that the trans cooler will still be silver? Lol. It's no different than the lack of memory package on the pre-production models. You sound like a broken record, and now so do I.
​​​​LoL @macmaster I'm more chill than you'll ever know

FWIW I've been driving and tinkering with the Lexus IS line since July of 2000..
When the detuned inline 6 / 2JZ-GE debuted in a small sporty / luxury 4 door RWD Lexus

You tend to know what's coming and how the brand operates after many years of seeing how they do things.

Joe Z

porusski (09-30-21)
Old 10-01-21, 03:44 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

I hope you are wrong too - While the silver rear brake caliper are one thing, doing an all black aggressive front grill in black and sticking a silver part that sticks out could be enough of a deal-breaker to me. Unless of course there is a way to either paint it afterward which I wouldn't have any objections in paying the dealer to do if it was doable. Not being a mechanically inclined person, would that be doable or would it affect its functionality? That being said, other than the press release cars, when you look at many of the pics of the IS500, none show that silver radiator cooler (see below) - so MAYBE there is a chance that the press vehicles are just using some generic parts until the production vehicle is ready - I guess we'll need to see what shows up at the dealers in X months from now...

Originally Posted by macmaster
I agree that we have zero production cars but Joe Z has a good point, Lexus doesn't seem to worry too much about the esthetic details of their vehicles, it's almost as if they don't have someone do an inspection after the car is produced to say " does anything stick out?" - Best example is the front wheel gap in the AWD RC!!! That was just the most atrocious gap I have ever seen, minus a few on some sites that are meant for adults (lmao)

Originally Posted by LH1
There is no way (in my opinion) that they will update the IS' interior for this generation - There would be way too much work required for something that is nearing its lifecycle - The new interior will be part of the new IS that I suspect will be coming out in 2024 as a 2025 MY with the new platform. It could be 1 year earlier but I doubt they would produce the IS500 for only 2 years so prediction is 3 years of the IS500 (and 4 years of the current body style IS which came out as a 2021).

Last edited by wthrman2; 10-01-21 at 03:57 AM.
Joe Z (10-01-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance