IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-21, 05:39 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
...because just as @wthrman2 is particular about his radiator color , I am particular about the number of colors/shades on the exterior.
I admit that I am OCD on certain things but when you spend this much money on a vehicle, you want it to be as perfect as it can be, especially on something that should be obvious to everyone in the car world and is a very simple to address from a supplier's point of view. I have to admit that the Enkei wheels are growing on me but their design is the least of my worry, its the ability to clean them easily that bothers me with such a tight pattern, getting my hand inside to clean the inner part of the wheel will be impossible and will require some some of gizmo which is gonna be a pain. That is why I am seriously considering buying a set of the wheels on the non-DHP IS350 and use those on my 500 instead of teh Enkei wheels. To be honest, if you prefer a certain color of an IS500, don't let the cost of a set of BBS wheels stand in the way of getting exactly what you want. In the end, this car could be a car that you have for a long time and getting the color that you love is well worth the extra 2K you may pay for an extra set of wheels. Assuming you keep that car 7 years for example, those wheels will be an extra 23$ a month which is peanuts in the whole scheme of things Life is short, if you are going to get the 500, get in the color combo you want and get the wheels that will make you LOVE the 500! That is why I will pay the dealer to paint my tranny cooler.

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
...but there is no indication (I have not seen it in any press release) that you can spec the IS500 non-LE with those same BBS wheels. If correct, this is messed up!
See my statement above - Sure, Lexus is not making that options available from the factory but nothing prevents you from getting the wheels you want and make it the way it will please you the most. Wheels are the easiest accessory to put on your car, especially when they are OEM wheels to begin with, you know they'll fit and work perfectly.
Old 10-04-21, 09:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Nvicta
I’m sorry I don’t have a picture to share, but I saw a brand stinking new 22’ IS350 yesterday with the dark chrome finish factory wheels and they looked sharp. I’d straight trade someone the silver Enkei wheels. I too hope the BBS are an option.

Mind sharing were you saw this 2022 IS ??

If this is accurate then production restarted the week of September 6th (as I previously mentioned) and some IS cars were likely ready to roll and ship to the West Coast..

Joe Z
Old 10-04-21, 09:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cremaster
that's clearly the LE.
Sorry bud, as mentioned it’s not..

It’s a cloudburst gray IS 500 w/ BBS wheels likely slap together to just promote the new Marvel movie..

Joe Z
The following 3 users liked this post by Joe Z:
Carolina50 (10-05-21), Racer00J (10-04-21), Shoeboy4 (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 09:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I was gonna say the exact same thing - Why do some have the cooler so "in your face" and others you can't see it!! If the production car has it, I will have mine painted! No way I'll be driving around with that silver thing sticking out like a soar thumb! Come on Lexus....enough with these nonsense and requiring owners to fix your inabilities to spot the obvious
Very simple… depending on the lighting / reflection..
Its way more prominent when the lighting is on it directly..

However I will say in some stock photos it looks edited out completely and in others it’s CLEAR as day as seen in all the review photos and newly added recent Lexus press gallery photos..

You hate to see it.!!

Joe Z
Old 10-05-21, 03:27 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Mind sharing were you saw this 2022 IS ??

If this is accurate then production restarted the week of September 6th (as I previously mentioned) and some IS cars were likely ready to roll and ship to the West Coast..

Joe Z
I think the OP saw a brand new 2021 - I would find it hard to believe that the 2022 are already hitting the dealers when the website hasn't even updated the info about the 2022 when it comes to the configurator. I could be wrong, but I think it will be a few more weeks before the 2022 arrive.
Old 10-05-21, 03:00 PM
BitterJoke
Driver

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

So I am new to the forum and currently drive a 3.3 stinger. How does the IS compare to the stinger in size? I’m 6’3” and have a 3 and 7 year old. Really wanting to get the IS500 in the next year or so if we all fit LOL. Also hoping I can find one here in Oklahoma
Old 10-05-21, 03:49 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BitterJoke
So I am new to the forum and currently drive a 3.3 stinger. How does the IS compare to the stinger in size? I’m 6’3” and have a 3 and 7 year old. Really wanting to get the IS500 in the next year or so if we all fit LOL. Also hoping I can find one here in Oklahoma
The IS has about the same passenger volume as a Kia Rio. Your Stinger has more room.
Old 10-05-21, 04:48 PM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BitterJoke
how do you like the stinger?
i was seriously considering it before i saw the is 500. My main concern is reliability, any issues?
Old 10-05-21, 05:09 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

BitterJoke - There is no question the interior of the IS will be smaller than your Stinger. Is there a dealer nearby you could sit in an IS300/350, or even a used one, the interior space will be the same as the pre-2021 model. I had a 2015 and 2017 and this one feels the same inside....Height don't tell the whole picture. Some have long legs but short torso, others have shorter legs but taller torso - best way to see if the IS will work for you is to actually try it for yourself. I know it sounds like a boring answer but it is truly the best possible way for you to test it
Old 10-05-21, 05:32 PM
BitterJoke
Driver

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lexussingh
how do you like the stinger?
i was seriously considering it before i saw the is 500. My main concern is reliability, any issues?

Before my stinger I came from a mustang GT and miss the sound of a V8 l. It’s quick (4.6 0-60) and as far as I know there aren’t many reliability issues that I am aware of. Tbh I would be completely happy with it but I have always wanted a v8 performance sedan and the is500 may be the last one(that I can afford. Looking at you ct5vblackwing.). I just hope I fit in it.
Old 10-05-21, 09:18 PM
teamlexus1
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

The black BBS wheels should have come standard with the IS500. The DHP is standard on the IS500, which should also include the black BBS wheels just like the 2021 IS350 DHP. I don’t understand why they are replaced by those silver Enkei wheels, which are supposedly heavier. It’s seems like the majority on this thread favor the black BBS wheels, which I assumed was Lexus expectations as a way to charge a premium for the BBS wheels as an option. If that was indeed their intentions, it works as I’m willing to pay a premium for the BBS wheels.
Old 10-05-21, 11:15 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Received 197 Likes on 67 Posts

I stand corrected, it was a new 21 IS
Old 10-06-21, 03:18 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teamlexus1
The black BBS wheels should have come standard with the IS500. The DHP is standard on the IS500, which should also include the black BBS wheels just like the 2021 IS350 DHP. I don’t understand why they are replaced by those silver Enkei wheels, which are supposedly heavier. It’s seems like the majority on this thread favor the black BBS wheels, which I assumed was Lexus expectations as a way to charge a premium for the BBS wheels as an option. If that was indeed their intentions, it works as I’m willing to pay a premium for the BBS wheels.
Truth be told - I dislike both, the BBS my least favorite of the two. I am also planning on buying a new set of wheels and get the stock IS350 wheels - The person taking over my 2021 said he likes the Enkei wheels so there is a good chance we'll just swap to avoid having to buy new wheels but he changes his mind, I'll just buy a new set. I know the stock wheels are heavier but a few pounds in each corner will be offset by the fact that I never have any passenger in my car, plus I weigh virtually nothing...(lol)
Old 10-06-21, 06:39 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Truth be told - I dislike both, the BBS my least favorite of the two. I am also planning on buying a new set of wheels and get the stock IS350 wheels - The person taking over my 2021 said he likes the Enkei wheels so there is a good chance we'll just swap to avoid having to buy new wheels but he changes his mind, I'll just buy a new set. I know the stock wheels are heavier but a few pounds in each corner will be offset by the fact that I never have any passenger in my car, plus I weigh virtually nothing...(lol)
Unsprung weight is different

are the wheels the same size? The 500 wheels should be wider for the wider tires?
Old 10-06-21, 07:41 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I could be wrong but my understanding is the tire size will be the same

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance