IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-21, 08:02 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
One of the main reasons I really want this car (besides the awesome V8 and quad tail pipes) is that this car is super stealth. Normal people will just think it's a regular Lexus until they hear the ROAR
It's not that loud from the outside so I doubt they'll hear it.
Old 10-06-21, 08:12 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
It's not that loud from the outside so I doubt they'll hear it.
Who says the exhaust will stay stock?
The following 2 users liked this post by Compromise:
Carolina50 (10-06-21), Vitveet (10-08-21)
Old 10-06-21, 10:28 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Looks like the new NX reviews are out and all people can't stop talking about is the new infotainment. To me it looks lazy, cliche, and non-luxurious. Very little of the review is on the performance or driving of the NX. It's sad how auto journalists value infotainment screens more than driving itself. An even sadder reflection on society.

The "outdatedness" of the IS interior is way overstated. I personally think the IS interior will age incredibly well. Tech changes and become obsolete. The bigger the screen, the more obsolete it'll be. On the other hand, a V8 is forever.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
Fandi (10-08-21), wthrman2 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 12:00 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

I agree. The wireless charger + wireless Android Auto would be AWESOME, but I'll take the older, physical controls.
Old 10-07-21, 04:01 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

macmaster/Compromise - That is why I love the interior of the IS so much. Car reviewers get bored easily because they see car interiors all the time, it's like a guy that work at a pizza shop, he doesn't get excited about a pepperoni pizza! These guys need to see something radically different and techy to get them all excited but they don't live with these vehicles on a daily basis. I can assure you that living in Canada with cold weather where you want your gloves on most of the time you drive, all these touch screens aren't enjoyable. The same can be said about voice recognition, I absolutely hate voicing my command to a car where half of the time, it takes me 3 times longer to get it to work. The IS interior has the perfect balance between some touch screen and physical buttons and while it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I think the interior is perfect! I am not a fan of the new NX's interior although I love its exterior design - Especially the way they have done the split red tail light display, which will age far better than our IS.

No offense to car reviewers that may read this, but seriously, I don't look at what you do as valuable for me other than simply show me visual cue of the vehicle - If you guys recall the stock videos of the IS that was posted a week or so ago here (a red and dark grey) - I enjoyed watching those videos FARRRRR more than any of the narrative reviews.
The following users liked this post:
Answer (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 06:36 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
macmaster/Compromise - That is why I love the interior of the IS so much. Car reviewers get bored easily because they see car interiors all the time, it's like a guy that work at a pizza shop, he doesn't get excited about a pepperoni pizza! These guys need to see something radically different and techy to get them all excited but they don't live with these vehicles on a daily basis. I can assure you that living in Canada with cold weather where you want your gloves on most of the time you drive, all these touch screens aren't enjoyable. The same can be said about voice recognition, I absolutely hate voicing my command to a car where half of the time, it takes me 3 times longer to get it to work. The IS interior has the perfect balance between some touch screen and physical buttons and while it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I think the interior is perfect! I am not a fan of the new NX's interior although I love its exterior design - Especially the way they have done the split red tail light display, which will age far better than our IS.

No offense to car reviewers that may read this, but seriously, I don't look at what you do as valuable for me other than simply show me visual cue of the vehicle - If you guys recall the stock videos of the IS that was posted a week or so ago here (a red and dark grey) - I enjoyed watching those videos FARRRRR more than any of the narrative reviews.
I worked at a pizza place, ate pizza all the time, and still love pizza

I do agree though, I dont mind the infotainment in the Lexus at all. I think the NX will be an upgrade to me because I like the screens and stuff, but its not very high on my list. Hopefully things with my job will settle down and I'll know if I can commit to a new car or not.
Old 10-07-21, 07:13 AM
jjc1111
Driver

Received 119 Likes on 59 Posts

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that dealers may have visibility beginning today. Please share any updates.
SeanSkiVT (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 07:17 AM
SeanSkiVT
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc1111
Someone mentioned in an earlier post that dealers may have visibility beginning today. Please share any updates.
Same, haven't heard from my dealer in a couple of months about my pre-order. I don't want to harass them, so any info that can be shared would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-07-21, 07:21 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Agreed... I do feel reviewers focus way too much on infotainment, which is largely a non-issue in day-to-day operation. At least for me, it's a set-it-and-forget-it deal.

I will say, I appreciate Lexus's new infotainment system. And, to play devil's advocate a little, I think that's part of why you're seeing so much focus on it - it's one of the highlights of the new NX.

Circling back to the IS 500 though, I guess it's not so bad they kept things mostly the same. I do like the interior of the IS F Sport in this generation, and it's better not to mess with a good thing. At least the seats are already phenomenal.
wthrman2 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 07:59 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ I agree it "looks" great but I am worried about the functionality for northern climates hence why I am happy the IS500's interior has that great balance between physical ***** and touch screens
Old 10-07-21, 08:38 AM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Car reviews are from humans like us. I don't put much stock into their opinions because my opinion is what really counts.
The following 3 users liked this post by GaryJG:
lobuxracer (10-07-21), wthrman2 (10-07-21), Yaroze86 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 09:00 AM
Yaroze86
Pit Crew

Received 236 Likes on 122 Posts

Has there been any images released of the Ultra White IS500 yet?

Those that have seen the red interior, what do you think?

Torn between Cloudburst or Ultra white with either red or black interior.....
Old 10-07-21, 09:11 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaroze86
Has there been any images released of the Ultra White IS500 yet?

Those that have seen the red interior, what do you think?

Torn between Cloudburst or Ultra white with either red or black interior.....
Circuit Red, for me, pops a bit more than Rioja Red, but it stops short of going off the deep end with overly-bright red.

I did a walkaround of an IS 500 here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWdD944Xuy6mu7166

Or you could just use my car as a refernce, since, as you can see, the interior's basically identical.

Old 10-07-21, 09:12 AM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

I drove a 350dhp with a red interior at the Lexus driving event last month. Personally for me it’s too much red. The bottom of the dash plastic and the bottom of the doors as well all being red is a little too much for my liking. If it was more like the gsf and just red seats, accent stitching and the like it would be better. There have not been any Ultra white pics of a 500 outside of the pre order guide sadly.
Old 10-07-21, 09:20 AM
Yaroze86
Pit Crew

Received 236 Likes on 122 Posts

I do like the Pre 2020 red/black interior better and wish that was a option. Still torn if I want White.... I do like the press images of the Cloudburst with the red interior but do worry I might find it over the top.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance