IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-21 | 09:39 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yaroze86
I do like the Pre 2020 red/black interior better and wish that was a option. Still torn if I want White.... I do like the press images of the Cloudburst with the red interior but do worry I might find it over the top.
The 2021+ red interior is definitely over the top on my test drive. Last gen's Rioja was way better. Black is going to look a lot classier. Red might be even harder to resell. For your paint question, white or gray with those bright silver Enkei wheels isn't going to look great. IMO USB will look the best with the Enkei wheels.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21 | 09:59 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I agree that white with the enkei wheels will not be the best look hence why i am planning on getting the stock wheel on the IS350 that I have now. It is unfortunate to have to buy wheels and paint the cooler to make the car look nice...maybe it would cheaper to drop the V8 in my 350 lmao...I know, I wontbwork, I am being sarcastic
Old 10-07-21 | 09:59 AM
Yaroze86
Pit Crew

I think the wheels (prefer the BBS ones from the DHP) and maybe exhaust would be the only things I care to change. After dropping like 60k into my AE86 and completely rebuilding it from the ground up, I think I am done modifying cars for a while. I want my retirement car if that makes sense. Emailed my dealer told them to take red interior off my wish list.
Old 10-07-21 | 10:11 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I agree that white with the enkei wheels will not be the best look hence why i am planning on getting the stock wheel on the IS350 that I have now. It is unfortunate to have to buy wheels and paint the cooler to make the car look nice...maybe it would cheaper to drop the V8 in my 350 lmao...I know, I wontbwork, I am being sarcastic
No I think you should mount the V8 on top of the V6. Then you'll have a V14.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
natnut (10-07-21), wthrman2 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21 | 10:38 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Infotainment - Agreed…the IS interior is perfectly fine. I prefer physical buttons and laugh every time a reviewer denigrates the cruise control stock. Their view, because it’s in every Lexus/Toyota product for the last 20 years, it’s a bad thing. My response….does it not work? No need to change it just because…

Red Interior - The circuit red is too much, but I thought the same with the rioja red. I got it anyway and fell in love with it, partly because it made the car more unique. (At the time, but everyone does red and blue now.) I’m still gunning for it, because I’ll probably fall in love with it too. Especially with the door open and the juxtaposition of the shiny Enkei wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Carolina50 (10-07-21), wthrman2 (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21 | 12:14 PM
daheezy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
I drove a 350dhp with a red interior at the Lexus driving event last month. Personally for me it’s too much red. The bottom of the dash plastic and the bottom of the doors as well all being red is a little too much for my liking. If it was more like the gsf and just red seats, accent stitching and the like it would be better. There have not been any Ultra white pics of a 500 outside of the pre order guide sadly.
Red interiors are too flashy for me. I like lowkey and stealth. My preference for colors would be Ultra White with the black interior. This car pictured is actually perfect in my eyes - I've been driving an Alpine White 1995 E36 M3 with the OEM silver DS2 wheels for a long time, so the look is not far off! If I did opt for the BBS wheels, I would want to have them painted or powder coated to a similar shade of silver as the Enkei wheels. Hot take lol
Old 10-07-21 | 12:52 PM
arentz07

Originally Posted by daheezy
Red interiors are too flashy for me. I like lowkey and stealth. My preference for colors would be Ultra White with the black interior. This car pictured is actually perfect in my eyes - I've been driving an Alpine White 1995 E36 M3 with the OEM silver DS2 wheels for a long time, so the look is not far off! If I did opt for the BBS wheels, I would want to have them painted or powder coated to a similar shade of silver as the Enkei wheels. Hot take lol
I feel attacked.

I jest, and I definitely understand why it's not for everybody. In fact, before I saw it in person I didn't think I'd like it either. I was pretty excited about the white-black two-tone interior, but the combo of Iridium and the red interior was a lot nicer to me than Atomic Silver with the white-and-black interior. Unfortunately, it seems that interior color is not available on the 500.
Old 10-07-21 | 01:17 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I personally love the circuit red color, had it in my RC and preferred it over the Rioja red. Where they botched it for me was the lower door panel and bottom half of the passenger dash, otherwise, I would have a red interior in mine too...
Old 10-07-21 | 03:23 PM
hashmanx
Driver School Candidate

One thing I’m having a hard time getting over is the lack of real leather at this price point. It sucks that it’s not even an option. This is deliberate cheapening of the car just for profit.
Old 10-07-21 | 04:14 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Did anyone get any allocation updates? Have they possibly been pushed back again? I know the line that produces the IS is idled till the 15th of the month at least
Old 10-07-21 | 05:11 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Old news but:
I was told that Lexus has been telling dealerships that the LE will be sent to dealerships in December. Regular IS500 production is slowed down by a lot but "should be produced more sometime in February."

Last edited by Compromise; 10-07-21 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-07-21 | 05:14 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hashmanx
One thing I’m having a hard time getting over is the lack of real leather at this price point. It sucks that it’s not even an option. This is deliberate cheapening of the car just for profit.
Have you ever lived with the Nuluxe interiors? I say that because it is an amazing product, it feels as good as leather, maybe even better (compared to cheap leatherette that BMW would use in the past). It ages much better than leather in my opinion....I would take this over real leather any day!!

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
Did anyone get any allocation updates? Have they possibly been pushed back again? I know the line that produces the IS is idled till the 15th of the month at least
I haven't heard anything since I spoke to my dealer last Friday - On my end, he hasn't heard any production start time but he is also not pushing too hard because he knows I don't want it delivered too soon
Old 10-07-21 | 06:46 PM
hashmanx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Have you ever lived with the Nuluxe interiors? I say that because it is an amazing product, it feels as good as leather, maybe even better (compared to cheap leatherette that BMW would use in the past). It ages much better than leather in my opinion....I would take this over real leather any day!!
If NuLuxe is that good then why doesn’t Lexus use it in all of its high end vehicles? Because it is cheap and non luxurious. Automakers have been gradually trying to brainwash people into accepting this as a better alternative to the real thing, just like Alcantara. Saying that it’s better and more durable etc. First they offered leather as a cost option and now taken that away as well which is ridiculous because If I can get real leather in 30k fully civic, a 40k minivan, then why can’t I get it in a 60k+ “Luxury” sedan? Even a comparable M340i with the cheaper sensatec option seats has real leather on the seating surfaces. Shame on Lexus for cheapening this special car and double shame on us consumers for allowing them to do this.
Old 10-07-21 | 06:48 PM
seanjohn00
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. Recently loss my cars in Hurricane Ida. Was holding out for the is500 but with dealers not knowing, and some saying December or January. I decided to get the 350 F Sport. What my dealer did say was for the Launch edition, they will be marked up atleast 10k over Msrp. He had no idea on when the other models were coming.
Old 10-07-21 | 08:14 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hashmanx
If NuLuxe is that good then why doesn’t Lexus use it in all of its high end vehicles? Because it is cheap and non luxurious. Automakers have been gradually trying to brainwash people into accepting this as a better alternative to the real thing, just like Alcantara. Saying that it’s better and more durable etc. First they offered leather as a cost option and now taken that away as well which is ridiculous because If I can get real leather in 30k fully civic, a 40k minivan, then why can’t I get it in a 60k+ “Luxury” sedan? Even a comparable M340i with the cheaper sensatec option seats has real leather on the seating surfaces. Shame on Lexus for cheapening this special car and double shame on us consumers for allowing them to do this.
i hear you, but i will take Nuluxe (synthetic leather) over their real leather any day. My m340i has real leather, i still prefer nuluxe. They really did a great job with nuluxe, ive seen many aged lexus with real leather looking and smelling like crap. While this may **** you off, most people dont care.
The following 3 users liked this post by sw2oboi:
Carolina50 (10-07-21), Fandi (10-08-21), wthrman2 (10-08-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance